Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-17-2020, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is so odd that the biggest supposed position of strength (WR corps) is a weakness and so is the defensive line.   Sure, injuries are involved again but it is amazing how quickly that turned.

Yep

We're gonna need 3 first round picks and 4 seconds to get all the help we need at WR, Oline, Dline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 05:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You make a good point here. If what he says is true then AJ really is pretty brain dead. We all know that isn’t the case, he’s a smart guy. He came into the league during a lockout year and put up big numbers in what was a new offense to him.

IM hoping all the recent chatter about "getting AJ more involved" is true and he has a monster break out game...which will trigger a better trade partner to pony up a pick higher then a 6th rounder. We need to flush and move on....I have seen enough and last weeks "i dont want to tackle the guy " routine made me sick...I like everyone else here used to love watching AJ but now its clear he has to go
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:40 PM)kalibengal Wrote: IM hoping all the recent chatter about "getting AJ more involved" is true and he has a monster break out game...which will trigger a better trade partner to pony up a pick higher then a 6th rounder. We need to flush and move on....I have seen enough and last weeks "i dont want to tackle the guy " routine made me sick...I like everyone else here used to love watching AJ but now its clear he has to go

I think AJ was just concerned with being blindsided on the run back honestly.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:40 PM)kalibengal Wrote: IM hoping all the recent chatter about "getting AJ more involved" is true and he has a monster break out game...which will trigger a better trade partner to pony up a pick higher then a 6th rounder. We need to flush and move on....I have seen enough and last weeks "i dont want to tackle the guy " routine made me sick...I like everyone else here used to love watching AJ but now its clear he has to go
Personally, I'm glad that he didn't try to tackle the guy in the middle of the field because do you know what defenders do after an interception?  They start looking for offensive guys that aren't paying attention to what's around them and are strictly looking at the guy that intercepted the ball so they can blindside them.

AJ just didn't give up on the play like TO did while he was here and at least AJ ran towards the endzone to tackle the guy in the open field if he were to break free.
(10-17-2020, 03:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think AJ was just concerned with being blindsided on the run back honestly.

EXACTLY.

We don't need him taking that risk this late in his career, especially after being hurt all of last year.
Reply/Quote
Sucks, always liked AJ.

Thought he was a great talent and probably our best WR besides Chad or Isaac but he just doesn't seem to have it anymore.

Wish we could trade him for something, but sadly think he is washed up.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

We're gonna need 3 first round picks and 4 seconds to get all the help we need at WR, Oline, Dline.

And even if you got the #1 overall pick and traded for a haul, they wouldn't all be picks for that year.  

I could see them going after a FA guard (again), signing Lawson, and signing another FA DT for depth next year.  Too bad we lost Tupou (to opt out).  I was really looking forward to him as well.  

If they don't get a first round tackle, then they had best use their first round pick on the defensive line.  I hope they go almost all trenches in the next draft:  a guard, an offensive tackle, a defensive tackle, and defensive end(s).  I wouldn't spend a very early pick on WR, as I feel like you can still get smaller school talent with speed in Rd 3.  Like DJ Chark was drafted at the end of Rd 2.  He would be perfect for this team.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And even if you got the #1 overall pick and traded for a haul, they wouldn't all be picks for that year.  

I could see them going after a FA guard (again), signing Lawson, and signing another FA DT for depth next year.  Too bad we lost Tupou (to opt out).  I was really looking forward to him as well.  

If they don't get a first round tackle, then they had best use their first round pick on the defensive line.  I hope they go almost all trenches in the next draft:  a guard, an offensive tackle, a defensive tackle, and defensive end(s).  I wouldn't spend a very early pick on WR, as I feel like you can still get smaller school talent with speed in Rd 3.  Like DJ Chark was drafted at the end of Rd 2.  He would be perfect for this team.  

Yep, I wouldn't bother me at all if both 1st and 2nd round are linemen. We've got to overhaul the trenches. And I hope they like you say pickup a free agent Oline and Dline.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 11:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, I wouldn't bother me at all if both 1st and 2nd round are linemen. We've got to overhaul the trenches. And I hope they like you say pickup a free agent Oline and Dline.

Well, I know an expensive WR and likely an expensive DE (and possibly DT) that won't be here next year, so that will make it a bit more feasible.  
Reply/Quote