Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2020 Weekly QB index Burrow 22
https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-6-justin-herbert-vaults-into-top-10
Burrows slots in at 22, Rogers 1st, rookie Herbert moves into top ten.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 11:00 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-6-justin-herbert-vaults-into-top-10
Burrows slots in at 22, Rogers 1st, rookie Herbert moves into top ten.

Reply/Quote
Burrow at 22... one spot ahead of... Andy Dalton.

What's done is done, but seeing Herbert perform this well really pisses me off. I was 100% on the trade the pick train. Could have had 3 damn picks from the Fins and still gotten a franchise QB with one of them and then gotten a guy to protect him...or maybe even two. It's frustrating to see the Bengals still doing Bengals things.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What do you wanna bet when Burrow moves into the top 10 they'll be nothing but crickets from this one ?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What do you wanna bet when Burrow moves into the top 10 they'll be nothing but crickets from this one ?

As much as I'd like to see that and like the pick to turn out to be a massive success, with how bad the offense is at the moment, how could he possible make it to the top 10?

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As much as I'd like to see that and like the pick to turn out to be a massive success, with how bad the offense is at the moment, how could he possible make it to the top 10?

I wasn't meaning tomorrow or even this season. Point is it'll break his heart......whenever it happens and I'm fully confident it will.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Burrow at 22... one spot ahead of... Andy Dalton.

What's done is done, but seeing Herbert perform this well really pisses me off. I was 100% on the trade the pick train. Could have had 3 damn picks from the Fins and still gotten a franchise QB with one of them and then gotten a guy to protect him...or maybe even two. It's frustrating to see the Bengals still doing Bengals things.

You’re assuming Herbert would look like a franchise QB in Cincinnati. I’m not so sure considering he’d have ZT calling his plays, and an OL that is historically bad. And no LA’s is not as bad. Even their backups would be an upgrade at most spots on ours.

Taking Burrow was absolutely 100% the right thing to do. Herbert has some warts to his game (decision making being the big one), and they’d only be magnified here. Burrow has at least shown he can give us a chance in most games. I’m not sure every rookie QB would be able to do that given the circumstances (bad coaching, terrible OL, 2 of the top 3 WR’s being benched a 5 games into the season, etc).

Reply/Quote
You can tell this list is an overreaction to week 5 just by where they have Ben Roethlisberger ranked.

Media overreactions are common.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Burrow at 22... one spot ahead of... Andy Dalton.

Because Herbert would look as good without Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Ekeler, etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 05:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because Herbert would look as good without Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Ekeler, etc.

No, because Herbert wouldn't look good with guys in his face in 0.4 seconds of receiving the snap..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 05:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: Because Herbert would look as good without Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Ekeler, etc.

Seriously. We don’t have a single reliable speed guy right now. Burrow has been lights out in the short to intermediate throws. If we want to see him hitting deeper stuff on a consistent basis we’ll need to upgrade the WR group (and obviously give him the time). I’m not sure why they haven’t at least tried Thomas on some longer throws though. He seems like he has way more speed than anyone else on the team other than John Ross.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 05:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, because Herbert wouldn't look good with guys in his face in 0.4 seconds of receiving the snap..

That too, but if you watch some of the LA highlights his WR’s actually get open.

Reply/Quote

I like our Burrow pick, but.......

Ekelar has been hurt for 2 games and Allen left in 1st quarter last week.

Mike Williams has been dinged up all year

We all rooting for Burrow but like any rookie, he needs to shut us by great play and being 22nd of 32 starters is worse than average. But, long way to go and I believe Joe will be great, I love his toughness. Also, Ravens are not a good, but great defense against us. Their DL manhandled our OL. That is not Joe's fault.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
No big deal. Herbert is in an actual cogent offensive system, has blocking and also a run game. Burrow has no blocking and is in a "system" that seems to have been created by a meth addict playing scrabble.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 05:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: he needs to shut us by great play and being 22nd of 32 starters is worse than average.
This list is pretty subjective.  Their ranking certainly isn't gospel.  Nor does it factor in what we all know is hurting him; a terrible OL, a poor running game, questionable play calling, and a lack of weapons (No WR1, sub-par TE)

To each their own, but the last thing I'm concerned with is a weekly QB rankings list during a QB's rookie year.

What I am concerned with is a few things: How does a QB handle pressure.  How is his accuracy and touch.  How is his decision making.

I think Burrow has performed pretty well in all of the above.  He's made a handful of mistakes, but all things considered, he's done incredibly well for a rookie.

Whether he's ranked 22nd, or 17th, 12th, I really don't care.  Rankings mean little to nothing right now in his career.  
Reply/Quote
We ask more of Joe then the Chargers ask of Herbert.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Why is the first thing many say about every QB that ever played in the history of the NFL is:

He wouldn't be that good here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why is the first thing many say about every QB that ever played in the history of the NFL is:

You think Tom Brady + Marvin Lewis = 6 rings???

Actually they might’ve gotten a few. Hmmmm.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 04:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re assuming Herbert would look like a franchise QB in Cincinnati. I’m not so sure considering he’d have ZT calling his plays, and an OL that is historically bad. And no LA’s is not as bad. Even their backups would be an upgrade at most spots on ours.

Taking Burrow was absolutely 100% the right thing to do. Herbert has some warts to his game (decision making being the big one), and they’d only be magnified here. Burrow has at least shown he can give us a chance in most games. I’m not sure every rookie QB would be able to do that given the circumstances (bad coaching, terrible OL, 2 of the top 3 WR’s being benched a 5 games into the season, etc).

If the debate was Burrow versus Herbert, the answer is Burrow.

But that is not the debate. The debate is Burrow vs Herbert and 2 other first round guys. What if it is Herbert a RT and a WR...  

My arguement was never Burrow wasn't the best of the QBs my arguement was and is... he will not have enough support to succeed here in the short term. The team needs a lot of players. I saw a chance to get multiple holes filled and a comparable talent.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why is the first thing many say about every QB that ever played in the history of the NFL is:

Well, I think there’s a big difference when you’re talking about another rookie. It’s not quite the same as “Brady, Rodgers, etc” or whatever other veterans supposedly wouldn’t be able to succeed here.

Reply/Quote