Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2020 Winning Season
So Burrow as great as most say we should have a great chance at winning season. Dalton came in helped flip a four win team to a 9 win team. Burrow expected to be great , I expect to see that success out of the gate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So Burrow as great as most say we should have a great chance at winning season. Dalton came in helped flip a four win team to a 9  win team.  Burrow expected to be great , I expect to see that success out of the gate.

where have I heard all this before...................................hmmmmm! Every Year?

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 01:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So Burrow as great as most say we should have a great chance at winning season. Dalton came in helped flip a four win team to a 9  win team.  Burrow expected to be great , I expect to see that success out of the gate.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember this coaching staff has a 2-14 record. Haven't seen anything that shows they are capable of doing any better than that. In 2011, the Bengals brought in Jay Gruden, who is a much better play caller than ZT, and the defense was run by Mike Zimmer.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:05 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember this coaching staff has a 2-14 record. Haven't seen anything that shows they are capable of doing any better than that. In 2011, the Bengals brought in Jay Gruden, who is a much better play caller than ZT, and the defense was run by Mike Zimmer.

Zimmer was running defense in 2010 when we won just 4 games, Gruden was his first gig at Off. Coordinator in NFL , he was not a proven commodity in NFL,. , our fortunes changed in 2011 with draft of Green and Dalton, we enter a similar situation with on draft evailuaton a cant miss franchise QB so we should compete for a winning season, AFC was down last year, schedule  looks favorable anything less than 7 wins will be  disappointing  with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Yeah yeah, 2 and 14 blah blah blah.... many of those games were one score games that one or two plays could have turned into wins. We draft Burrow, get AJ back on the field, get Jonah in at Left Tackle, the line play is vastly improved from the start of last season. We not only have the #1 pick, we have the #1 pick in every round. I expect we'll get some gems in the draft this year. Add to that, Taylor has finally figured out how to use Mixon. I can very easily see 9 or 10 wins.
Reply/Quote

For a normal team and organization, the NFL is built for quick turn-arounds for teams but we're talking about the Bungles here. A team that will not go after A list FA's, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah yeah, 2 and 14 blah blah blah.... many of those games were one score games that one or two plays could have turned into wins. We draft Burrow, get AJ back on the field, get Jonah in at Left Tackle, the line play is vastly improved from the start of last season. We not only have the #1 pick, we have the #1 pick in every round. I expect we'll get some gems in the draft this year. Add to that, Taylor has finally figured out how to use Mixon. I can very easily see 9 or 10 wins.

While I agree Sled, Taylor needs to improve big time in play calling and we need to add Lineman and LB's for that to happen.

Jonah is probably not enough unless Turner really gets these other players playing good. Hopkins is a bright spot.

We were in a lot of games but we also got blown out by the good teams that made the Playoffs for the most part.

Need to bridge that gap, if Taylor improves big time and we add some good pieces around Burrow, yeah, could see 9 or 10 wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah yeah, 2 and 14 blah blah blah.... many of those games were one score games that one or two plays could have turned into wins. We draft Burrow, get AJ back on the field, get Jonah in at Left Tackle, the line play is vastly improved from the start of last season. We not only have the #1 pick, we have the #1 pick in every round. I expect we'll get some gems in the draft this year. Add to that, Taylor has finally figured out how to use Mixon. I can very easily see 9 or 10 wins.

FYI: Considering you picked us to go to the AFC Championship this past season I'm going to take any of your future predictions with a grain of salt.
Reply/Quote
This team wins less than 7 games unless they spend very big in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This team wins less than 7 games unless they spend very big in free agency.

Does AJ Green count since he is FA on the spend?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This team wins less than 7 games unless they spend very big in free agency.

I don't think they have a choice. With ADs & Glenns salary coming off the books they're looking at roughly 85 mil in space. No way they're able to spend all that on with who they have left to sign, even with the normal "10 mil for rollover every year" they like to do.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't think they have a choice. With ADs & Glenns salary coming off the books they're looking at roughly 85 mil in space. No way they're able to spend all that on with who they have left to sign, even with the normal "10 mil for rollover every year" they like to do.

I think so too, sure will be exciting if we are right.
Reply/Quote
I have hope for this team, I really think they will have a winning season if they nail the draft and FA. I think Burrow's moxy and presence will make everyone play at a high level, wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Reply/Quote

In 2020 the Bengals play:

Ravens twice
Steelers twice
Browns twice

Chargers
Dolphins

Jaguars
Titans
Texans
Colts

Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Redskins

You could be right Essex.

Eight or nine wins may a reasonable goal given this Schedule in 2020.
Reply/Quote
As much as I like Burrow, I don't see a winning season. At least, not now.

Burrow makes the draft a winner, but for crying out loud - they botched the draft so badly last year (Drew Sample, Deshawn Davis, Ryanfinley) that I don't know if I can stomach what they'll barf out this year.

Free agency. LOL.

And although I don't want him fired (YET), I have no confidence in Lac presently. Currently I think he and our staff cause us to start every game trailing by 3.5 points.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: FYI: Considering you picked us to go to the AFC Championship this past season I'm going to take any of your future predictions with a grain of salt.

we won the Draft Championship thats close right?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 03:49 PM)depthchart Wrote: In 2020 the Bengals play:

Ravens twice
Steelers twice
Browns twice

Chargers
Dolphins

Jaguars
Titans
Texans
Colts

Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Redskins

You could be right Essex.

Eight or nine wins may a reasonable goal given this Schedule in 2020.

Last Place Schedule + NFC East.. Should help add a few wins for sure.
Reply/Quote
Still will have no o-line to protect him. If AJ goes we wont have any weapons either...just like this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 07:16 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Still will have no o-line to protect him.  If AJ goes we wont have any weapons either...just like this year.

Comon now. J. Ross is a weapon!!! He sometimes will catch a bawl every 3 or 4 games.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 10:44 AM)higgy100 Wrote: For a normal team and organization, the NFL is built for quick turn-arounds for teams but we're talking about the Bungles here. A team that will not go after A list FA's, etc.

Sorry they have turned a corner with each successful QB,  Anderson Boomer Palmer and Dalton... they just have not sustained it..
Reply/Quote