Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2020 draft class, do all 7 make 53 ?
Also, I have no idea who that 1st pic is...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 04:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Has it ever happened in Cincinnati ?

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Tee Higgins WR
3. Logan Wilson LB
4. Akeem Davis-Gaither LB
5. Khalid Kareem DE
6. Hakeem Adeniji G
7. Markus Bailey LB

On your typical NFL team the first 3 picks normally make the team. And I'm quite sure ours are locks this season. Given our LBer issues ADG is like 99.375% a lock.

I believe they were after Kareem and I'd say there's a good chance he makes the team. Pretty much same thing with Adeniji. They targeted him in the draft and really like him ! I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make the roster ?

So that leaves Bailey. And given where we're at with that group I wouldn't consider him having no chance.

Bailey had a 3rd-4th round grade before his injury. Of course it depends on his health, but if he’s good to go then he’ll be on this team.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 01:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, I have no idea who that 1st pic is...

“Throwin Samoan” Jack Thompson
Reply/Quote
As a Bengal and ND fan, who never misses a game, Khalid Kareem received no media attention and his praise was always short due to playing opposite of Detroit Lion's DE Romeo Okwara's little brother Julian Okwara (who is also a Lion's DE now).

Stat for stat Kareem/Okwara weren't that fair apart and before Okwara's injury Kareem was beating Okwara statistically in my opinion. Why did he end up with such mediocre stats? I think with only 1 serious DE in college he received extra consideration moving forward (more flexibility with extra OL sliding his way, backs chipping, etc.). So I he think comes in under-hyped as an NCAA player.

To the OP.... do I think they all make it to the 53?

Does getting call up from the practice squad mean making it? Because the obsession with 53 I always find weird, since a team can have a practice squad of 12* (+2 this year), and active roster of 53... BUT only dress 46 per game. So 7 players of said 53 aren't players that game. Just like the practice squad player's don't play that game. Making the 53 is more of a money thing in my mind because even PS players are still NFL players on the team.

So with that, I say they all make it. But honestly with a new staff turnover, and a major culture shift (leadership priority in player evaluations)... I could see all 7 making it. Plus when 1=1 you usually go with the cheaper and younger 1 which benefits newly drafted players. And our returning LBs could all fall in this 1=1 situation...

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_squad
Reply/Quote

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Tee Higgins WR
3. Logan Wilson LB
5. Khalid Kareem DE
6. Hakeem Adeniji G
7. Markus Bailey LB

On your typical NFL team the first 3 picks normally make the team. And I'm quite sure ours are locks this season. Given our LBer issues ADG is like 99.375% a lock.

I believe they were after Kareem and I'd say there's a good chance he makes the team. Pretty much same thing with Adeniji. They targeted him in the draft and really like him ! I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make the roster ?

So that leaves Bailey. And given where we're at with that group I wouldn't consider him having no chance.

Shouldn't be surprising that the worst team in the NFL has a solid draft top to bottom would have most if not all of their draft picks make the team. I say 6 of the 7 make the team. Bailey or Hakeem go to PS or IR.
Reply/Quote
Remember they basically cleaned out the LB room this offseason, and quite possibly Pratt is the only returning LB. If they go with 6 (very possible) then even with the Bynes signing between the draft and the UDFAs they will keep four more. Add in that they like Adeniji and it is very possible they keep everyone.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 02:16 AM)Joelist Wrote: Remember they basically cleaned out the LB room this offseason, and quite possibly Pratt is the only returning LB. If they go with 6 (very possible)  then even with the Bynes signing between the draft and the UDFAs they will keep four more. Add in that they like Adeniji and it is very possible they keep everyone.

Jordan Evans is still on the roster as is Brady Sheldon
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 02:43 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Jordan Evans is still on the roster as is Brady Sheldon

Note I said Pratt MAY be the only returning LB. AS to those two scrubs, I expect neither will be kept as both (especially Evans) were part of the tackling debacle. 
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 12:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Max Montoya

Thought he was an 8th round pick, my mistake!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 07:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 7th rounders are the only ones that typically do not make it, if a large portion don't make it; look at ours since 2009:
Wasn't the safety from Notre Dame Chidume Nduke (I know I butchered the spelling) a 7th rounder who played a lot?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 10:10 AM)corpjet Wrote: Wasn't the safety from Notre Dame Chidume Nduke (I know I butchered the spelling) a 7th rounder who played a lot?

Chinedum Ndukwe Wink

Think he was in the 2007 draft, maybe 2008. Also think he was a 6th rounder.

EDIT* Was a 7th rounder.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 01:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, I have no idea who that 1st pic is...

(06-03-2020, 01:21 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: “Throwin Samoan” Jack Thompson

RD 1 PK 3 in 1979. He was drafted to replace Anderson. The very next QB taken was Phil Simms. 2 QBs later the Niners took one out of Notre Dame. We played against him a a couple big games. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: RD 1 PK 3 in 1979. He was drafted to replace Anderson. The very next QB taken was Phil Simms. 2 QBs later the Niners took one out of Notre Dame. We played against him a a couple big games. 

At the bottom of the 3rd round
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 12:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, as soon as I posted I realized you were were probably including Klinger and Akili. I was mostly just thinking Palmer and Dalton though, because between the two of them it’s been so long since we had to draft a QB early. I mean, if we start going back 20+ years most teams are going to have some misses in there.

Those 3 were some pretty epic misses - especially when you consider what was available when they were picked, and who we still had playing when we picked them.

But we have had our share of good picks (in the first 2 rounds):  Cook, Anderson, Esiason, Palmer, Dalton and hopefully Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2020, 06:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think Kareem is actually the odd man out. I'd go out on a limb here, Bailey 100% healthy, is better than Wilson or Gaither. 

I agree. Bailey may be the best out of the 3 as a play making LB. He just needs to stay healthy and the guy is a playmaker.
Reply/Quote

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Tee Higgins WR
3. Logan Wilson LB
5. Khalid Kareem DE
6. Hakeem Adeniji G
7. Markus Bailey LB

I see all these guys making the team. Maybe Kareem if another pass rusher comes out of nowhere doesn't make it.

Maybe Bailey goes on PS if he is not fully healthy but damn when this guy was healthy he was a playmaker man.

Adeniji seems like a major steal and is versatile, he will make the team, dude is really smart to boot.
Reply/Quote

1. Joe Burrow QB
2. Tee Higgins WR
3. Logan Wilson LB
5. Khalid Kareem DE
6. Hakeem Adeniji G
7. Markus Bailey LB

I think all 7 might have made in 2016 (WJIII, Boyd, Vigil, Billings, Westerman, Core and Fejedelem), 2005 (Pollack, Thurman, Henry, Ghiaciuc, Kieft, Tab Perry and Fanene), 2001 (Justin Smith, Chad, Brewer, Rudi, Levya, Riall Johnson and TJ), 2000 (Warrick, Roman, Dugans, Keaton, Bean, Rackers, St Louis) - which were the last four times we had a single pick in each round.

There's probably some IR (Kieft) and players who were cut and re-signed in amongst that list though.

It does seem that having fewer picks concentrates the minds. Every other year this century there was someone who was cut, often multiple players!

(06-03-2020, 01:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, I have no idea who that 1st pic is...

Glad that wasn't just me!
Reply/Quote
I don't know but last draft we drafted 2-3 RBs and not much came out of it.. I hope this is not a duplication but in RBs this time around.
Reply/Quote