Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 draft - who gets #1
(12-17-2019, 03:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Correct. It's highly doubtful that we win the last 2 games.

Not sure why you say that Pistons.   It's highly likely we win at least one - against the other team that wants the #1 QB.

We have a bona fide running game.  The Dolphins have essentially none.   So they are one dimensional and our defense is MUCH better than theirs.   The Giants just put up 36 points on that defense.   Their DBs are not like the Patriots'.    Boyd, Eifert and Ross will chew them up.   Given time Andy will look like Brees and cut them to ribbons.

This is the game for the pick, and I would say we're significantly favored to win.

And the Browns were pretty much flopping the first game when they had something to play for.   I just don't think they care at this point.   And if they wanted to screw us over, what better way than to tank for this game.

Just hoping that Fitzmagic comes out and kicks butt and that bad Andy shows up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They say they're playing for pride which means exactly zero when you get right down to it. So they wanna play for one of the 7 deadly sins. The bengals seem to win the 7 deadly sins championship every year..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 01:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: They say they're playing for pride which means exactly zero when you get right down to it. So they wanna play for one of the 7 deadly sins. The bengals seem to win the 7 deadly sins championship every year..

They should play for Gluttony and have Fans throw them food from the stands all game long.  Yawn

Reply/Quote
Need the #1
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The good news? We're trying to win and can't. No need to root for us to loose.

Miami is as bad as we are, but he Clowns are imploding, and Mixon is starting to look like a great player again. It’s not unreasonable to think the Bengals can win the last 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 05:22 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Miami is as bad as we are, but he Clowns are imploding, and Mixon is starting to look like a great player again. It’s not unreasonable to think the Bengals can win the last 2 games.

The next game is in Miami.  I'm counting on enough Bengal players enjoying the night life and entertainers  more than they should.  I'm counting on a Bengals flat first half.  So they ought to lose to Miami.

As for the stains, last game of the season, if I'm right its meaningless to both teams so yeah go ahead and beat the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:51 PM)Bigcatfan Wrote: As the season comes to an end, the Bengals have the worst record falling behind 4 other teams. DOLPHINS (3 wins), GIANTS (3 wins), REDKSINS (3 wins), and LIONS (3 wins).If by chance the Bengals do win the last 2 games, it can bring those 4 other teams with a 3 win tie. The Dolphins could reach 4 wins if the beat the Bengals. And it still isn't a lock for the Bengals to get #1. But it may be a 2-14 season for the Bengals which would give them the number 1 pick in the draft.

IF the Bengals win out and the Dolphins lose out, leaving them BOTH with 3-13, the Bengals win the tie breaker with a win OVER the Dolphins, and the Dolphins choose BEFORE the Bengals.

The only other threat are either the Giants and Redskins, also sitting with 3 losses.

They play each other this weekend, so either one gets a win, and gets eliminated from the #1 pick regardless even if the Bengals win out. If it ends in a tie, and they both lose the last game, they both finish 3-12-1, still giving the Bengals the worst record by a 1/2 game.

Those 2 teams play the Eagles and the Cowboys the last week so whoever wins between the Skins and Giants will probably lose the last week's game, eliminating BOTH teams.

The scenario I'm not sure about is if whoever wins the Giants/Redskins game, also wins their last game, would finish at 3-13, tying the Bengals IF they Bengals win out.

I don't know how the tie breaker works there.

BOTTOM LINE: If the Bengals lose one of the last 2, they get #1 pick regardless of what everyone else does!

BTW, Lions aren't in the hunt either because they have a tie. Best they could finish is 3-12-1, giving a 3-13 the worst record by a 1/2 game!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 12:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think those in the belief (as I too once was) that we should trade the pick for a boatload of picks that we need to build the team and then draft Lawrence next year should keep this nervousness about losing the top pick in mind. 1-13 and nervous about losing the top pick..... Just let's you know how hard it is to get it and it's not guaranteed we'd be in this position in the 2021 draft even with another down season.

if we pick up enough draft capitial for this and future drafts we can use some of the next year picks to move back up.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we pick up enough draft capitial for this and future drafts we can use some of the next year picks to move back up.

At this point, I don't really think it matters much HOW things go down.

With the Brown family, minus PB, in charge, status quo!

Track record since 1991 speaks for itself!
Reply/Quote
Win out. 3-13 is better than 1-15 and it's not like Mikey Boy, Zac Taylor, and Duke Tobin will make good draft choices anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 01:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Win out.  3-13 is better than 1-15 and it's not like Mikey Boy, Zac Taylor, and Duke Tobin will make good draft choices anyway.

That’s exactly what they will try and do and I think that even if they do win out, the Dolphins will lose to the Pats, and whoever loses in the Giants/Skins game will also lose the last game either to the Eagles or Cowboys, which give the Bengals first pick, assuming that means anything.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 01:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That’s exactly what they will try and do and I think that even if they do win out, the Dolphins will lose to the Pats, and whoever loses in the Giants/Skins game will also lose the last game either to the Eagles or Cowboys, which give the Bengals first pick, assuming that means anything.

Well said; Cincinnati will get the first pick no matter what happens.  For some getting the first pick in the draft is a great achievement but speaking for myself I find it absolutely embarrassing and humiliating.  I never want to see the Bengals pick first again.
Reply/Quote