Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 season was a disaster
Im glad this season is finally over. We got neutered and declawed by the Ravens who were out for blood and to make it in the playoffs. We had nothing to gain so why not let them have their win to get in. Its time to put the 2020 season in the forgotten box and start planning on new ways to win games next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:59 AM)Bigcatfan Wrote: Im glad this season is finally over. We got neutered and declawed by the Ravens who were out for blood and to make it in the playoffs. We had nothing to gain so why not let them have their win to get in. Its time to put the 2020 season in the forgotten box and start planning on new ways to win games next season.

That Ravens game was a bummer to end the season, but looking at WJIII and Alexander being out, I think any team would have throttled them yesterday.  That being said, the offensive output was pathetic, too, and was hard to watch even for evaluation purposes.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That Ravens game was a bummer to end the season, but looking at WJIII and Alexander being out, I think any team would have throttled them yesterday.  That being said, the offensive output was pathetic, too, and was hard to watch even for evaluation purposes.  

2 DBs being out lead to 400 yards rushing?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 2 DBs being out lead to 400 yards rushing?

They weren't going to put those guys on islands and had two safeties back (way back) so, yes, it did.  
Reply/Quote
It was about what I expected.
Reply/Quote
We are long overdue for some good things to happen for this team. One of them was acquiring Burrow. It's up to the front office to see that we are the laughing stock of the AFCN. If a good coach was available, preferably one that was a direct assistant to a championship head coach, just give him autonomy in the draft process if you are not going to hire a GM. I mean, it's the coach that has to live and deal with the players 24/7, so why not allow him to draft the players he needs to be successful? I'm sure every 'competent' coach (and organization) would try to put their best player in the best position to succeed because if the star does well, so does the team. Steelers and Ravens have been on top (or at the very least competitive) for a very long time and they've done well WITHOUT the use of high draft picks. Look at the Steelers last 10 years of draft picks - they have acquired impact players mostly from Round 2 of their drafts. The Ravens are able to find gems at the bottom half of Round 1 and in Round 2 as well. Even the Browns figured it out. Why can't we? We have a sniper at QB that can pretty much pick apart whatever the opposing defense shows him. Why waste this oppurtunity by going on the cheap? Dominate the trenches on both sides and good things will start to happen. Old school football still holds its value.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:25 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We are long overdue for some good things to happen for this team. One of them was acquiring Burrow. It's up to the front office to see that we are the laughing stock of the AFCN. If a good coach was available....

Well, in that case, I'd say it's mission accomplished  Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They weren't going to put those guys on islands and had two safeties back (way back) so, yes, it did.  

Seemed like a dumb strategy at the time and still feels like one today. Leave the scrubs on their island and at least attempt to stop their main weapons.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That Ravens game was a bummer to end the season, but looking at WJIII and Alexander being out, I think any team would have throttled them yesterday.  That being said, the offensive output was pathetic, too, and was hard to watch even for evaluation purposes.  

And we may have to face next season without both of them as well as they are both FA

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Seemed like a dumb strategy at the time and still feels like one today. Leave the scrubs on their island and at least attempt to stop their main weapons.

It was bleeding to death by paper cuts instead of gunshots.  They would rather give up 5-10 yards all day and hope for one misexecution from the offense than to risk getting gashed deep.  I don't agree with it, either, but it isn't the first time they have played to not give up the big play....only to get destroyed underneath.  
Reply/Quote
2020 season was kinda wrapped up in the final game as the perfect example...

Where the field goal was the win over pit and the rest was the rest of the season. (and last)
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, all 2020 did was reaffirm MB's confidence in ZT and made him bullish about our future with him as HC.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Unfortunately, all 2020 did was reaffirm MB's confidence in ZT and made him bullish about our future with him as HC.

i dont get that statment?  is he saying Zach resembles a Bull or that his stock is rising?
Reply/Quote
Last four years it’s been look at all the injuries. If we only had so and so. All teams deal with injuries. The good ones find ways to get through it. Pitt still wins when Big Ben is out. They lost bell, brown and kept winning. Eagles won super bowl with backup QB. This is the nfl. If your backups can’t play find some that can. Scouting and a real GM might help that
Reply/Quote