Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 1-3 Draft Prediction
I have been watching a lot of 2020 Bengals games over and I feel pretty confident about who the Bengals will pick.
The Bengals will no doubt take JaMarr Chase with the first pick. I think the Bengals think they can improve the Off Line in the later rounds.

After re-watching the Redskins game (up to Burrows injury) I thought our line (minus Michael Jordan) played pretty good pass defense against the Redskins vaunted front 4. That was with Spain at RG and Adenji at RT making up our makeshift front line. The run blocking could have been better and if you replace Michael Jordan with a guy like Peneii Sewell it would add that element to our front line.

I think there is a chance they trade up to get Creed Humphrey but more likely draft Wyatt Davis with the second pick.

That will give them the following:
LT - Wlliams
LG - Davis
C - Hopkins
RG - Spain
RT - Reiff

They will have Adenji, Sua-Filo and Price as backups.
Impressed with Adenji. He needs a little more time and will become a very good Guard for us.

In the 3rd round the Bengals will grab Milton Williams but I hope they draft Liam Eicheneberg.

With that said here is my Bengals prediction.
1. JaMarr Chase WR
2. Wyatt Davis OG
3. Milton Williams DE
Reply/Quote
My prediction is simple, all the Sewell vs Chase back and forth will be meaningless. A team will trade up with Atlanta and take Chase while we pickup Sewell at 5. Thats my prediction for round one of the draft.
Reply/Quote
Chase WR
Eichenberg OT
Togiai DT
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 05:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: My prediction is simple, all the Sewell vs Chase back and forth will be meaningless. A team will trade up with Atlanta and take Chase while we pickup Sewell at 5. Thats my prediction for round one of the draft.

I can see that happening. It may be best in the long run for the Bengals to get Peneii.
The Cleveland Browns and the Buffalo Bills really got much better when their line was improved.
Reply/Quote
I should have put down who I hope they draft.

1. Peneii Sewell
2. Zaven Collins
3. Landon Dickerson
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:40 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I should have put down who I hope they draft.

1. Peneii Sewell
2. Zaven Collins
3. Landon Dickerson
I'd be happy with these 3 picks. I really like Zaven Collins I think he has potential to be one of those players that transforms a defense the way Burfict did but without the dirty plays. Dickerson scares me with the injuries but he definitely has the talent.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:40 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I should have put down who I hope they draft.

1. Peneii Sewell
2. Zaven Collins
3. Landon Dickerson

I’m a big Collins fan and while I’m not one that things Lb is a huge need I’d love for him to fall to us in the 2nd, even if it means going interior OL in the 3rd after Chase in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'd be happy with these 3 picks. I really like Zaven Collins I think he has potential to be one of those players that transforms a defense the way Burfict did but without the dirty plays. Dickerson scares me with the injuries but he definitely has the talent.

I agree. 

I think our defense will be much better this year but a player like him or Micah Parsons would really make a big difference to our defense. Giving it an identity that they badly need.
Reply/Quote

1. Peneii Sewell
2. Zaven Collins
3. Landon Dickerson

This would be best case scenario for me and the bengals and most importantly joe burrow
Reply/Quote
Hope:
1. Penei Sewell
2. Liam Eichenberg
3. Dyami Brown

Expectation:
1. Ja'Marr Chase (Gotta get that WR)
2. Wyatt Davis (Ohio State)
3. Monty Rice (Bengals love them some 3rd round LBs)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

1. Peneii Sewell
2. Zaven Collins
3. Landon Dickerson

Substitute Collins for one of the edge guys in the 2nd and that'd be my preference.

What I think they'll to (and I'm cool with it Team Chasers):

1. Chase
2. Eichenburg
3. Peyton Turner (or another edge)
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 05:10 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Substitute Collins for one of the edge guys in the 2nd and that'd be my preference.

What I think they'll to (and I'm cool with it Team Chasers):

1. Chase
2. Eichenburg
3. Peyton Turner (or another edge)

I expect Chase, OG, DL like Milton Williams.

I expect 2 WR, and 2 OL taken, with an emphasis on pass rush in the later rounds.
Reply/Quote
What I think the Bengals will do:

Rd 1- Chase
Rd 2- Eichenberg
Rd 3- Meinerz

What I want the Bengals to do:

Rd 1- Chase

Trade back in Rd 2 and pick up an additional 3rd

Rd 2- Spencer Brown

Rd 3- Ben Cleveland, Chris Rumph
Reply/Quote
What I think Bengals will do:

1. Chase
2. Cosmi
3. Cleveland

What I want the Bengals to do:

I'm okay with what I think they will do.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 05:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: My prediction is simple, all the Sewell vs Chase back and forth will be meaningless. A team will trade up with Atlanta and take Chase while we pickup Sewell at 5. Thats my prediction for round one of the draft.

For once, I can agree with you.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
1. Ja'Marr Chase
2. Wyatt Davis
3. Milton Williams

WR, Guard, DL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: For once, I can agree with you.

For once? Does that mean our summer road trip together across the country is off?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 04:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hope:
1. Penei Sewell
2. Liam Eichenberg
3. Dyami Brown

Expectation:
1. Ja'Marr Chase (Gotta get that WR)
2. Wyatt Davis (Ohio State)
3. Monty Rice (Bengals love them some 3rd round LBs)

If they do go Chase, and it certainly feels that way...I'm all in favor of a combination of what you have here, and going strong with the next 2 picks to ensure the o-line is improved, and there are a couple of guys that I think they can land on day 2 that could possibly both start early on, and at the very worst...provide outstanding depth until they do eventually start. 

Those guy are Liam Eichenberg and Wyatt Davis. Eveything I've seen suggest that Eichenberg will be there at 38. If so, he's a very experiened, scheme versatile linemen that, while not the most athletically gifted, just finds ways to get the job done. He could compete instantly at RT and LG. People may scoff at this, but he reminds me a little of Joe Thuney coming out of college. They have very similar scouting reports. Thuney also played T, but has made his money at G in the NFL.

The other guy is Wyatt Davis. I know some aren't high on him because he's an OSU lineman, but he's not Jordan, Price, etc. He's a good scheme fit that can compete right away at RG. Guys like Brugler, King and a few others now have him slipping to the top of the 3rd round...but I'd be cool with moving up a little to get him.

Doing this not only gives you an incredible playmaker who can win on the outside and downfield, and already has chemistry with the QB, but also adds 2 pro-ready linemen to the mix, allowing for some intense competition to find the best 5 guys to start.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 05:50 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I have been watching a lot of 2020 Bengals games over and I feel pretty confident about who the Bengals will pick.
The Bengals will no doubt take JaMarr Chase with the first pick. I think the Bengals think they can improve the Off Line in the later rounds.

After re-watching the Redskins game (up to Burrows injury) I thought our line (minus Michael Jordan) played pretty good pass defense against the Redskins vaunted front 4. That was with Spain at RG and Adenji at RT making up our makeshift front line. The run blocking could have been better and if you replace Michael Jordan with a guy like Peneii Sewell it would add that element to our front line.

I think there is a chance they trade up to get Creed Humphrey but more likely draft Wyatt Davis with the second pick.

That will give them the following:
LT - Wlliams
LG - Davis
C - Hopkins
RG - Spain
RT - Reiff

They will have Adenji, Sua-Filo and Price as backups.
Impressed with Adenji. He needs a little more time and will become a very good Guard for us.

In the 3rd round the Bengals will grab Milton Williams but I hope they draft Liam Eicheneberg.

With that said here is my Bengals prediction.
1. JaMarr Chase WR
2. Wyatt Davis OG
3. Milton Williams DE

Since I can’t predict who the FO picks at 5, arguably the first non QB pick of the draft, I sure as heck can’t predict #38 or #71.

I will predict the Bengals don’t take Pitts if he’s available. Why they wouldn’t is why the Bengals don’t win games. It will be between Sewell and Chase. Sewell wins.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If they do go Chase, and it certainly feels that way...I'm all in favor of a combination of what you have here, and going strong with the next 2 picks to ensure the o-line is improved, and there are a couple of guys that I think they can land on day 2 that could possibly both start early on, and at the very worst...provide outstanding depth until they do eventually start. 

Those guy are Liam Eichenberg and Wyatt Davis. Eveything I've seen suggest that Eichenberg will be there at 38. If so, he's a very experiened, scheme versatile linemen that, while not the most athletically gifted, just finds ways to get the job done. He could compete instantly at RT and LG. People may scoff at this, but he reminds me a little of Joe Thuney coming out of college. They have very similar scouting reports. Thuney also played T, but has made his money at G in the NFL.

The other guy is Wyatt Davis. I know some aren't high on him because he's an OSU lineman, but he's not Jordan, Price, etc. He's a good scheme fit that can compete right away at RG. Guys like Brugler, King and a few others now have him slipping to the top of the 3rd round...but I'd be cool with moving up a little to get him.

Doing this not only gives you an incredible playmaker who can win on the outside and downfield, and already has chemistry with the QB, but also adds 2 pro-ready linemen to the mix, allowing for some intense competition to find the best 5 guys to start.

Perrsonally, being a diehard Ohio State fan I didn't think Wyatt Davis really stood out last year for Ohio State on the OL. 

I thought the OL was poor and allowed a lot of pressure for an OL that had been together for a couple seasons.   

Billy Price was drafted by the Bengals when Pollack was the OL coach.  I personally don't think they go David. 

I could definitely see Davis falling into the 3rd round.  No reason to waste a draft pick and move up for him.  
Reply/Quote