Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021/2022 A great Bengal's journey
As a long time fan who watched us fumble away a playoff win in person, as painful as it was celebrating the Burfict interception, then agonizingly seeing Hill fumble, it reminds me of why I will always choose to be an optimist. Yes, I am a realist too and the last few years saw little to be optimistic then or for the future.

There will be all kinds of emotions today as we hope the Bengals can end their playoff curse. Some will choose to be pessimistic, I get their reasons. Some will be waiting for us to make the crucial mistake to lose the game, let's be real it has happened over and over again in the playoffs.

But, me I choose to enjoy the journey today. I thought we would improve in 2021, but had no hope for us to win the AFCN over the experts picks of us being not close enough to any of them to win the North. Well, we shocked th football world. We won games down the stretch having the toughest schedule of possible playoff teams. We proved we could beat the best, we proved in 2021 this version of the Bengals is not related to our past playoff teams.

We may lose today and if we do I will be disappointed, but I won't be devastated. We were not supposed to be here and certainly not expected to be now known as a solid team on both sides of the ball. We are young and exciting. So, today, like always I will put 100% of my heart and soul in rooting for a win. I owe to the coaches, to the players and to the FO to be all in win or lose.

I say enjoy the game, enjoy the ride knowing our window just opened a little bit for the future, I have hope of a long run of winning seasons ahead, a hope even as an optimist I did not see one year ago.

Go Bengals, have fun everyone!!!! You all deserve a good game today and I think we get it!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm always all in on the players but I've been holding off going all in on Zac and anytime I did I would get disappointed. I'm all in now and we may lose today but the future is bright. I'm just really excited to see how this group plays in they're first playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 01:07 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm always all in on the players but I've been holding off going all in on Zac and anytime I did I would get disappointed. I'm all in now and we may lose today but the future is bright. I'm just really excited to see how this group plays in they're first playoff game.

I understand the angst about Zac, I was not impressed years one and 2 either. But one thing kept me from giving up on him, it was the players and how they spoke about him. I know talk is cheap, but I never saw the players quit, I saw them bet a Steeler's team in 2020 late in the year with a back up QB and us decimated by injury.

They trust him, he trusts them and win or lose, our window has slightly opened, we are young so I expect the window to open wider in 2022 and beyond. We have a hell of a nucleus under contract and cap money, we have a bunch of guys who seem to love playing with each other. We have hope, win or lose today.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The Bengals were completely decimated by injuries last year. ZT did pretty well all things considered. The off seasons have been VERY productive too.
He is going to be an NFL HC for a long time.
Reply/Quote
I give ZT credit when credit is due. I wasn't wild about his hiring at the time, but this year he has really stepped up and you can tell the players really respect him and will go out and battle for him and the rest of the coaching staff.

This isn't just another Marvin Lewis, one-and-done playoff team.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Well I hoped everyone enjoyed the journey
No win is easy in the NFL

Let’s get healthy and ready to play again in 2022

Reply/Quote
My god we ***** did it.
Reply/Quote
I started this thread a few weeks ago. I hope everyone continues to enjoy the journey. I found myself watching playoff games and having to remind myself, enjoy the journey. We all get emotional.

We have the best AFC team tomorrow, not just this year but for years. I remember in the past we would get into the playoffs and fans and the media would say things that were accurate, but hurt our optimism. They said, who did they beat? Can AD win prime time games? Can the Bengals step up during prime time?

Raise your hand if you saw this team in preseason in the AFC championship, saw them beating the Chiefs, losing 2 OT games to Packers and to 49ers. Saw them sweeping both Ravens and the Steelers in blow outs.

So, I want our beloved Bengals to win tomorrow and then win it all. But, I will sitting in my favorite chair reminding myself, enjoy the journey.

Congrats to all of our die hard fans who never waivered (it is OK fans were upset) and kept supporting the team, it was a long tough ride, but my outlook is beyond positive in the coming years to be able to compete against he best and win.

Have fun everyone!!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I started this thread a few weeks ago. I hope everyone continues to enjoy the journey. I found myself watching playoff games and having to remind myself, enjoy the journey. We all get emotional.

We have the best AFC team tomorrow, not just this year but for years. I remember in the past we would get into the playoffs and fans and the media would say things that were accurate, but hurt our optimism. They said, who did they beat? Can AD win prime time games? Can the Bengals step up during prime time?

Raise your hand if you saw this team in preseason in the AFC championship, saw them beating the Chiefs, losing 2 OT games to Packers and to 49ers. Saw them sweeping both Ravens and the Steelers in blow outs.

So, I want our beloved Bengals to win tomorrow and then win it all. But, I will sitting in my favorite chair reminding myself, enjoy the journey.

Congrats to all of our die hard fans who never waivered (it is OK fans were upset) and kept supporting the team, it was a long tough ride, but my outlook is beyond positive in the coming years to be able to compete against he best and win.

Have fun everyone!!!!

This was a good thread I missed a couple of weeks ago Luvnit. Glad you brought it back. It has been one heck of a ride and
whether we win tomorrow or not this team is the next great team in the AFC in my opinion. I think the Chiefs are going to 
really fall off as they lose players cause of Mahomes extreme contract. The Titans are damn good though and so are the Bills
so I could see us competing with them in some great rivalries in the future.

Just a great time to be a Bengals fan and we have earned it. Expecting a win tomorrow but who knows what happens.

I just love this team's fight and the fact Zac Taylor has came into his own as a HC. Needed to see this to be hopeful for the
future with him at the helm. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This was a good thread I missed a couple of weeks ago Luvnit. Glad you brought it back. It has been one heck of a ride and
whether we win tomorrow or not this team is the next great team in the AFC in my opinion. I think the Chiefs are going to 
really fall off as they lose players cause of Mahomes extreme contract. The Titans are damn good though and so are the Bills
so I could see us competing with them in some great rivalries in the future.

Just a great time to be a Bengals fan and we have earned it. Expecting a win tomorrow but who knows what happens.

I just love this team's fight and the fact Zac Taylor has came into his own as a HC. Needed to see this to be hopeful for the
future with him at the helm. Smirk

I guess the only thing to complain about is missing weeks of FA full on debates and of course the draft
Bfine will have to put in extra work to get us to speed on the draft like he and others have done for years

And yes future is brighter than anytime I can remember. We have a great nucleus and cap money and draft picks. Fun times ahead

Reply/Quote
You're right and just don't get those not enjoying every single step of this journey.

No matter what it has been an incredible journey and the Bengals are still in and playing on house money.

The good days have arrived, bask in it folks.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Henceforth anyone who even thinks about claiming to be a realist concerning the Bengals should be first beaten daily and twice on Sundays so bad that Saturday is one long period of dread and terror awaiting the Sunday beatings..Then banned and made to become a stains fan..  Cool  
Hey! I'm just being a realist here..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 09:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: Henceforth anyone who even thinks about claiming to be a realist concerning the Bengals should be first beaten daily and twice on Sundays so bad that Saturday is one long period of dread and terror awaiting the Sunday beatings..Then banned and made to become a stains fan..  Cool  
Hey! I'm just being a realist here..  Who Dey

I think all fans and realists were almost beaten into submission the past 30+ years

Reply/Quote