Tyler Boyd
Jessie Bates
Vonn Bell
Sam Hubbard
Kevin Huber

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No surprises.

Thought maybe Reader could of made a play for a Captain spot but not enough to knock any of those guys off.
Reply/Quote
That’s a pretty good group.

Boyd has certainly come a long way from that shaky 2nd year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 03:59 PM)pally Wrote: no surprise on the list.  Captains are chosen by the players

Joe Burrow
Joe Mixon
Tyler Boyd
Jessie Bates
Vonn Bell
Sam Hubbard
Kevin Huber

Five of them are Marvin's players. One's a free agent signee from last season and the final one is Joe Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 06:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Five of them are Marvin's players. One's a free agent signee from last season and the final one is Joe Burrow.

I don't see how that's relevant.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 06:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Five of them are Marvin's players. One's a free agent signee from last season and the final one is Joe Burrow.

Pretty hard to be a team captain after 1 or 2 years.  So ya thats not really relevant.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Trae was originally named one of the team captains but was unfortunately injured during a preseason coin toss Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 01:16 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Pretty hard to be a team captain after 1 or 2 years.  So ya thats not really relevant.

Unless you're Joe Burrow of course

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 11:24 PM)Earendil Wrote: I don't see how that's relevant.

It depends on if people are still saying that ZT can't be expected to succeed until he gets his own guys and gets rid of the Marvin-era roster. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It depends on if people are still saying that ZT can't be expected to succeed until he gets his own guys and gets rid of the Marvin-era roster. 

How many players are left ? 8 maybe 10 ? gonna have to take a look.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 09:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It depends on if people are still saying that ZT can't be expected to succeed until he gets his own guys and gets rid of the Marvin-era roster. 

Maybe.  The way it seemed to me was that he was saying ZT hasn't brought anyone in worthy of being a captain and the only people who will step up are Marvin's guys.  But I could have read it wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 11:39 AM)Earendil Wrote: Maybe.  The way it seemed to me was that he was saying ZT hasn't brought anyone in worthy of being a captain and the only people who will step up are Marvin's guys.  But I could have read it wrong.

It just makes me think of the conundrum that we, and other not-so-winning franchise fans face.  We want players who want to win, we want them to be vocal and to stand up and demand success, but we also want them to be happy to be here playing for a 6-25-1 coach and an owner who hasn't won a playoff game since before the average NFL player was even alive.

It's a rough spot.
Reply/Quote
All this "Marvin's guys" bs is just that, bs. We had to get rid of "Marvin's guys" who did not fit this system, or did not want to play in this system. The one's that remain want to be here and fit the scheme.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 11:24 PM)Earendil Wrote: I don't see how that's relevant.

So

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: All this "Marvin's guys" bs is just that, bs. We had to get rid of "Marvin's guys" who did not fit this system, or did not want to play in this system. The one's that remain want to be here and fit the scheme.

What are the odds Anarumo and his precious scheme are even here in a year or two, though?  
Reply/Quote

That is the narrative isn't it. That should be on the excuse list!

(09-07-2021, 09:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How many players are left ? 8 maybe 10 ? gonna have to take a look.

So half of them are captains.

(09-07-2021, 11:39 AM)Earendil Wrote: Maybe.  The way it seemed to me was that he was saying ZT hasn't brought anyone in worthy of being a captain and the only people who will step up are Marvin's guys.  But I could have read it wrong.

LOL. Well, you seem to have turned out to be smarter than I thought you were.

Where are all these Taylor players who are better?

Where are all the wins? Ya had to know that one was coming, right? All the used car salemanship can't produce wins. It can win over the Brown family and a few fans and some players.

In 2019 we had a whole campaign of New Dey! Yeah, where are the results? Where's this New Dey anyways? I was expecting some improvements and have yet to see any at all, offense hasn't improved, defense hasn't improved, coaching is worse, wins are worse. They've even brought back a Marvin coach in Pollack and two of Marvin's coaches (Simmons and Pollack) happen to be the two best coaches the team has.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 12:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are the odds Anarumo and his precious scheme are even here in a year or two, though?  

probly better than taylors chances
Reply/Quote
I think 1 possibly 2 (D & O) should be enough. We don't need to be the joke of how many captains it takes to change a lightbulb.
Reply/Quote