Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Bengals HOF Candidates
(09-17-2020, 12:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Dillon and Willie 100% deserve to be in.

I really don't understand how Corey isn't already in.  He's 20th in yards, and he only played in 10 seasons.  If you look at a lot of the guys ahead of him, they all played in 12+.

Not to mention the fact that he spent the majority of his career on bad teams, with bad lines.  What he accomplished here from '97-'02 is simply remarkable, given the talent around him.

Not only are his rushing yards elite, so are his TD's.  They're actually even higher, as he ranks 18th.  So it's not like he's got a lopsided stat line.  And again, the fact he was able to score so much, on some downright awful teams, is a bigger testament to just how good he was.

Add to all of this, he won a ring.  I would think that would have squashed any doubt that he's worthy.  He should've been in years ago.

Willie definitely deserves to be in as well.  The problem for him, which is entirely unfair, is that he played in an era with the most talent at the position probably ever.  So he gets overlooked.  Primariy because he played in a small market, for a team that was bad for a lot of years, that never won anything.  

Should that matter?  No.  But that's the issue he's faced with.  But yeah, he's worthy.  Easily one of the best tackles of the last 30 years.

Chad?  Not a chance.  He sits at 36 in career yardage.  And because of the way the game is played now, and because of the number being put up, he's going to get leap frogged a lot over the next few years.

If he just could have produced a couple more decent seasons, and added around 2k to his totals, it probably would have gotten him over the hump.  But with no rings, and being way down the career totals lists, I don't see it happening.

It's a shame.  He's proably my favorite Bengal ever.  And what he did from '02-'07 is one of the greatest stretches you'll ever see from the position.

However, many pundits considered him to be the best RT in the league for over a decade, which none of the other talent can say.

Didn't he go multiple years without a holding call only to break the streak holding a guy who had jumped early and would have otherwise had an unabated shot at Palmer?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote