Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Draft Picks Unsigned/Cap space/Roster Cuts
I came across this article that shows team by team any picks not signed yet. I was amazed as it is almost July. It is not just first round picks, it is also a lot of second round picks and others as well.

https://nfltraderumors.co/unsigned-2021-nfl-draft-picks/

It is my belief the Bengals are being patient, as current cap situations for some teams may be the reason. Eagles for example 2nd round pick not signed. They may have to trade/cut player(s) to get under cap.

Also, glad to see we have our guys signed and learning the playbook.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 11:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I cam across this article that shows team by team any picks not signed yet. I was amazed as it is almost July. It is not just first round picks, it is also a lot of second round picks and others as well.

It is my belief the Bengals are being patient, as current cap situations for some teams may be the reason. Eagles for example 2nd round pick not signed. They may have to trade/cut player(s) to get under cap.

Thoughts?

its why not over spending on players is important.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 11:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I cam across this article that shows team by team any picks not signed yet. I was amazed as it is almost July. It is not just first round picks, it is also a lot of second round picks and others as well.

Thoughts?

I would think after the Julio trade the Falcons have the room to sign Pitts but not 100% sure, perhaps they need to make additional cuts.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 01:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I would think after the Julio trade the Falcons have the room to sign Pitts but not 100% sure, perhaps they need to make additional cuts.

Pitts signed his contract today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I look for the Bengals to add a vet WR and another decent OL with their cap situation as other teams have to cut good/solid players to push under the cap.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 02:45 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I look for the Bengals to add a vet WR and another decent OL with their cap situation as other teams have to cut good/solid players to push under the cap.

I think we can get some cap casualties (starters) in August or sooner. I think LB is another place we could be looking.

I am not sure we need a vet WR over an OL and a LB. I think that is 3rd priority right now.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 01:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its why not over spending on players is important.

I agree, I hope this is the year we use what is left wisely to sign Bates long term and add a couple of proven starters via trade or FA.

Reply/Quote
Bet they try to roll over as much money tgey currently have as they can.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure we need a vet WR over an OL and a LB. I think that is 3rd priority right now.

I believe we have our starters at O-line and RB, but we run a lot of 4-WR sets and we don't have a decent #4 WR.

I am very concerned about our depth at OT and hope we sign a player to address that, but I think we are set at LB.  We have young LBs and they need to play.
Reply/Quote
I’d be looking at corner depth as well as LB and oline. We lose a lot of corners to injuries throughout the season. Maybe tight end as well. Maybe wideout. If the right defensive lineman is available, we could always use bodies there
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 01:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its why not over spending on players is important.

Winning games is more important. Well run teams just continue to find/create more cap space when they need it. Not getting the bulk of the meat because you are worrying about picking up other teams scraps is not how to become a winner.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 02:45 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I look for the Bengals to add a vet WR and another decent OL with their cap situation as other teams have to cut good/solid players to push under the cap.

I think they are set at WR, but agree they need a veteran tackle and possibly a LB.  Don't want to have to go looking after the season has already started.  Been there, done that, failed miserably. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 09:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Winning games is more important. Well run teams just continue to find/create more cap space when they need it. Not getting the bulk of the meat because you are worrying about picking up other teams scraps is not how to become a winner.

i didnt say anything about picking up scraps.. I said not overpaying is important cause it helps to keep you out of situations you have to cut a player to sign picks etc.    and leaves you with money for quality players instead of just bargin bin players.
Reply/Quote
I just saw this article on potential roster cuts due to the draft. Mostly does not address cap casaulties so there will be a lot bigger list soon.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31745439/nfl-players-roster-bubble-entering-2021-training-camps-32-cut-candidates-veterans-former-first-rounders

Some interesting guys on this list
Jordan Hicks - 29 LB who is from Westchester (Lakota)
Also some vet WR's and OT's

Reply/Quote