Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 First Round Pick
Why does everyone thinks Sewell will be there at the third pick. Why wouldn’t Jacksonville grab him if he is a generational tackle in the mold of the great Anthony Munoz? If I was Jacksonville I would take him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
It's possible he goes 2.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sold on Fields being a top 2 player. Jags need a QB tho, so Sewell will be there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I guess it depends on how much faith they have in Minshew for the next coupla seasons. As many holes as we have, and are about to have, I'm now on board with trading that 3 pick regardless of who's there. Sign a good lineman, and another solid one... Focus on drafting playmakers on both sides of the ball.

After the last 2 seasons in particular I'm close to not caring what they do though. They'll screw it up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Earlier this year, I thought Justin Fields would be the second pick in next years draft, but lately, he doesn't impress me with his decision making and play. Hope he has a great performance in the CFP, to keep Jacksonville from selecting Sewell. I know Jacksonville needs a quarterback. Minshew isn't the answer.
Reply/Quote
The Jaguars are in the market for a QB. Even though Justin Fields had a down game with young receivers he still has alot of talent at the position and without a doubt is worth the #2 pick.

If Sewell isnt there and the Bengals cannot trade down you have 3 defensive players in Micah Parsons, Patrick Surtain, and Gregory Rousseau. Rousseau might be the biggest gamble of the 3 but he would also be the biggest game changer.

Edit Jets won so who as the first pick? Jags or Jets?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It depends on how much the Jags love Fields. Fans have no idea how coaches/GMs feel about QBs when they need one.
Reply/Quote
Jets won! Jags could pick 1.
Reply/Quote
Jags have tiebreaker for 1 if they both lose out!
Reply/Quote
The Jags picking 1st and taking Lawrence could be even worse for us. If the Jets don’t love Fields they might grab Sewell and see if the next coach can salvage Darnold.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jets won! Jags could pick 1.

You mean the Jets didn't have the slogan "LOSE FOR LAWRENCE"?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Jags picking 1st and taking Lawrence could be even worse for us. If the Jets don’t love Fields they might grab Sewell and see if the next coach can salvage Darnold.

Sliding a QB could be huge for the Bengals too. A QB a team can move up for can draw huge trade interest. People were talking trade up for Sewell...trade up for Fields or Wilson that's a different story.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
To me the top 2 picks should be Trevor Lawrence and Sewell. Regardless of who’s picked where, I don’t think we have a shot at Sewell. We have to get really lucky that the Jags and Jets both pass on him. Can’t bank on it at this point.

So who would you pick or trade down?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:14 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: To me the top 2 picks should be Trevor Lawrence and Sewell. Regardless of who’s picked where, I don’t think we have a shot at Sewell. We have to get really lucky that the Jags and Jets both pass on him. Can’t bank on it at this point.

So who would you pick or trade down?

Depends on the offers.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jets won! Jags could pick 1.

that could definitely upend the apple cart.  Picking Trevor 1st was a no brainer. Even though Fields will be there do the Jets think he is enough of an upgrade over Darnold that they pick him or do they take BPA which will be Sewell.  They have just as many needs to fill as the Bengals do.  It certainly makes the draft more interesting

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
A lot of things could happen if the Jets keep Darnold they have Becton maybe they’ll decided to get Darnold a weapon like Chase or help on defense. Even if they Bengals got Sewell they still needed to use free agency to upgrade the offensive line. The quickest way to the QB is up the middle and our guards are terrible. The last thing we want is guys falling around Burrows knees or getting push up the middle. They need to make an effort to sign a guard like Thuney in free agency.
Reply/Quote
This could have been us last year. It's hard to "earn" that 1OA pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So players will still play hard even if there's nothing really to gain? Interesting.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:19 PM)pally Wrote: that could definitely upend the apple cart.  Picking Trevor 1st was a no brainer. Even though Fields will be there do the Jets think he is enough of an upgrade over Darnold that they pick him or do they take BPA which will be Sewell.  They have just as many needs to fill as the Bengals do.  It certainly makes the draft more interesting

To me this is very similar to last year’s draft. You have two clear cut top prospects that go 1 and 2.

3 is where it gets interesting. You could make a case for any of several prospects. There’s likely teams that will be looking to trade up for a QB.

I don’t see us being able to trade up as there’s a drop off from the top 2 prospects being sure fire prospects. It’s disappointing because we need offensive line help more than anything. Maybe we get lucky. But the odds aren’t good of us moving up in the draft order, or Sewell falling to 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 09:26 PM)Destro Wrote: So players will still play hard even if there's nothing really to gain? Interesting.

Yeah must be going all in for Gase. Haha
Reply/Quote