Poll: RD 1 PK 5
Take a player
Trade with DEN
Trade with SF
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Interactive Mock Bengal's Pick
Some of us are participating in an interactive mock on the board (if you're not you should) and The Bengals are on the clock. This is how the draft has played out so far:

RD1 PK1: JAX- TREVOR LAWRENCE/QB

RD1 PK2: NYJ- ZACH WILSON/QB

RD1 PK3: MIA- DEVONTA SMITH/WR

RD1 PK4: ATL- PATRICK SURTAIN II/CB

RD1 PK5: CIN-

So lots for the Bengals to chose from here: Chase/Sewell/Slater/Pitts/........PAYE

Also a number of teams in the Market for QB called and below were the best 2 offers:

CIN trades #4 to DEN for #9 and #40

CIN trades #4 to SF for $12, #43, 2022 2nd Round.

Vote for your choice as the Bengal's GM

NOTE: Please refrain from "None, I'd trade #4 to the Chiefs for Mahomes and Kelce" ect...Thanks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like the 49ers trade even with Penei Sewell and Ja'Marr Chase still on the board especially if they spend money on the Offensive Line in free agency.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The 49ers trade is really tempting but I take Sewell anyways here.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The 49ers trade is really tempting but I take Sewell anyways here.

That was my thought as well, as we don't have a mention what FAs were brought in. If we assume no new OT like Moton or Daryl Williams, I'd go Sewell.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That was my thought as well, as we don't have a mention what FAs were brought in. If we assume no new OT like Moton or Daryl Williams, I'd go Sewell.

Same, if we got Moton or Daryl in FA I would be fine with trading with the Niners here no prob.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some of us are participating in an interactive mock on the board (if you're not you should) and The Bengals are on the clock. This is how the draft has played out so far:

So lots for the Bengals to chose from here: Chase/Sewell/Slater/Pitts/........PAYE

Also a number of teams in the Market for QB called and below were the best 2 offers:

NOTE: Please refrain from "None, I'd trade #4 to the Chiefs for Mahomes and Kelce" ect...Thanks

Given those options, I'd stay put and take Sewell..  
Reply/Quote
I'd have to give the Denver pick some consideration.

Denver would obviously take Fields at 5

And there's a good chance that Carolina goes QB

Assuming to 2 highest rated go to Philly and Detroit (Chase/Sewell). We'd still be able to get Pitts/Slater/Parsons......

and at 40 we can still get a top prospect.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 04:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd have to give the Denver pick some consideration.

Assuming to 2 highest rated go to Philly and Detroit (Chase/Sewell). We'd still be able to get Pitts/Slater/Parsons......

I'd be on board with the Denver trade too. 33-45 is starting to look like a sweet spot for Defensive Linemen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 04:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd have to give the Denver pick some consideration.

Both are tempting no question. If we traded with Denver and still got either Pitts, Darrisaw or Slater I would be happy.

(02-12-2021, 04:10 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd be on board with the Denver trade too. 33-45 is starting to look like a sweet spot for Defensive Linemen.

Basham, Barmore, Phillips, Nixon. Would love any of these guys as Edge rushers.

Don't know as much about the interior D-Lineman yet in this Draft.
Reply/Quote

I don't think you can realistically project a QB to Carolina if multiple teams are lining up to jump them for one and they aren't making an offer for #5.
Reply/Quote
Taking Sewell there.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I like the 49ers trade even with Penei Sewell and Ja'Marr Chase still on the board especially if they spend money on the Offensive Line in free agency.

Hands down, I would run to the podium and select Mr Chase,the WR from LSU. We NEED another fast wr and chase is the best player in this draft and you just have to take this guy,he already has chemistry with MR. Joe Burrow and to me you always take the player that scores points. This draft is loaded with top O-linemen and you can get a real good one rounds 2 and on.With Ja"Marr Chase still there,you have to take this guy,a receiver like him you have to pull the trigger.He is going to be a game changer,linemen do not score points and I get it,we for sure need to upgrade our lines,and we will; Chase  is going to be a probowler and beyond, Joe Burrow wants him and I seriously believe he will up grade our offense big time.We will be unstoppable. I have heard PFF talk about how the Bengals should grab him if he is still there. I think the Jets will try to draft him,and I would move ahead of them and grab this guy.A top receiver like him only comes around in a great while.He is the MAN. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 06:43 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hands down, I would run to the podium and select Mr Chase,the WR from LSU. We NEED another fast wr and chase is the best player in this draft and you just have to take this guy,he already has chemistry with MR. Joe Burrow and to me you always take the player that scores points. This draft is loaded with top O-linemen and you can get a real good one rounds 2 and on.With Ja"Marr Chase still there,you have to take this guy,a receiver like him you have to pull the trigger.He is going to be a game changer,linemen do not score points and I get it,we for sure need to upgrade our lines,and we will; Chase  is going to be a probowler and beyond, Joe Burrow wants him and I seriously believe he will up grade our offense big time.We will be unstoppable. I have heard PFF talk about how the Bengals should grab him if he is still there. I think the Jets will try to draft him,and I would move ahead of them and grab this guy.A top receiver like him only comes around in a great while.He is the MAN. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

With the evolution of football the Wide Receiver position is getting alot better prospects every year. So I disagree that a receiver of Chase's caliber only comes around "once in a great while". In fact a mid round receiver this year is statistically likely to have the same career as a high round prospect.

Offensive Tackle on the other hand has taken a step back and it's becoming difficult to find a high quality player in any round.

Of the two I would go Penei Sewell.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both are tempting no question. If we traded with Denver and still got either Pitts, Darrisaw or Slater I would be happy.

Basham, Barmore, Phillips, Nixon. Would love any of these guys as Edge rushers.

Don't know as much about the interior D-Lineman yet in this Draft.

All this!

Trade back, get Darrisaw, stick him at tackle and then get two impact players in round 2. Has to be the best way things can go for the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some of us are participating in an interactive mock on the board (if you're not you should) and The Bengals are on the clock. This is how the draft has played out so far:

How about #5 to New Orleans for #31 and Ryan Ramczyk???
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 08:40 PM)Synric Wrote: With the evolution of football the Wide Receiver position is getting alot better prospects every year. So I disagree that a receiver of Chase's caliber only comes around "once in a great while". In fact a mid round receiver this year is statistically likely to have the same career as a high round prospect.

Offensive Tackle on the other hand has taken a step back and it's becoming difficult to find a high quality player in any round.

I mean, Chase’s LSU teammate Justin Jefferson just had a record setting season. Chase is damn good, but he’s hardly “generational.”

I’d only use that tag for Lawrence, Sewell, and Pitts in this draft class.

Reply/Quote
Wanted to stay out of this part of the draft but can't. Nice work bfine!

That SF deal is too sweet to pass up; two 2nd round picks to bump back 8 spots. It would be great for the Bengals if they started getting offers like this on draft day. I think this perfectly fits with having a window open in 2022 and beyond
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1188764887.0.jpg]

I don't like entertaining trade thoughts in mocks myself.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 08:40 PM)Synric Wrote: With the evolution of football the Wide Receiver position is getting alot better prospects every year. So I disagree that a receiver of Chase's caliber only comes around "once in a great while". In fact a mid round receiver this year is statistically likely to have the same career as a high round prospect.

I don't really agree that mid round WR's have similar careers to early round ones.  The top 9 rookie WR's in receiving yards this year all went in the 1st or 2nd.

I still agree that Sewell is the pick, though.
Reply/Quote
Personally I would take the trade. The KC one. But I think the team would have the Munoz comparison dancing in their heads and scoop up little Penei
Reply/Quote