Poll: RD 1 PK 5
Take a player
Trade with DEN
Trade with SF
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Interactive Mock Bengal's Pick
(02-13-2021, 01:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Personally I would take the trade. The KC one. But I think the team would have the Munoz comparison dancing in their heads and scoop up little Penei

Probably the first time I’ve ever seen Sewell referred to as “little” lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, if we got Moton or Daryl in FA I would be fine with trading with the Niners here no prob.

That's why I keep starting a mock draft but then stop when I remember that we don't know what will happen in free agency.  People in the know said we'll be active in free agency but I know better than to rest my hopes on this front office, as sad as that sounds.

If we moved to 9, you also gotta figure that there are a few QB needy teams that could trade up in front of us to grab their QB, making it more likely that Chase, Sewell, Pitts, etc., falls to us.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 01:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's why I keep starting a mock draft but then stop when I remember that we don't know what will happen in free agency.  People in the know said we'll be active in free agency but I know better than to rest my hopes on this front office, as sad as that sounds.

If we moved to 9, you also gotta figure that there are a few QB needy teams that could trade up in front of us to grab their QB, making it more likely that Chase, Sewell, Pitts, etc., falls to us.

That's how I'm thinking. At least one more QB would go and you'd still get one of the guys you're debating for this spot. Unless you think Sewell is clearly ahead of the others, which I can understand too. 

But Smith or Pitts or Slater or Chase would be a helluva consolation prize especially with adding two second rounders from a team that could very well finish in last place.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 11:20 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Wanted to stay out of this part of the draft but can't. Nice work bfine!

That SF deal is too sweet to pass up; two 2nd round picks to bump back 8 spots. It would be great for the Bengals if they started getting offers like this on draft day. I think this perfectly fits with having a window open in 2022 and beyond

The have issues with the SF deal.  First, they're a year removed from the SB and it would make more sense for them to try to trade for a vet like Watson than to try and move up for QB3.  Second, they apparently didn't offer this trade to ATL at 4 and Washington, NE, and Chicago who all made rejected offers for the #4 pick apparently aren't willing to do so for #5.  Chicago's offer was 2 1st's and a 2nd for #4, and that's a lot better than a 1st and 2 2nd's.

At the end of the day, it's hard for a team with our OL woes to pass on a generational type talent in Sewell for anything less than a crazy boatload of picks type deal, which none of these are.    
Reply/Quote
The Board has spoken. The Bengals reject trade offers and select Penei Sewell.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 08:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: All this!

Trade back, get Darrisaw, stick him at tackle and then get two impact players in round 2. Has to be the best way things can go for the team.

Love this thought. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 01:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's why I keep starting a mock draft but then stop when I remember that we don't know what will happen in free agency.  People in the know said we'll be active in free agency but I know better than to rest my hopes on this front office, as sad as that sounds.

Yeah everything depends on Free Agency doesn't it Brad?

Thats the thing, if we grab say Moton it just opens up the board and I would be fine with a dozen moves in the first.

Just have to get the trenches solidified.

Hey, the FO tried last year at least on Defense. Too bad we had so many injuries and a shitty DC that we kept.

If they go all out on the Lines this FA we might just be okay, more than okay with a healthy Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 08:40 PM)Synric Wrote: With the evolution of football the Wide Receiver position is getting alot better prospects every year. So I disagree that a receiver of Chase's caliber only comes around "once in a great while". In fact a mid round receiver this year is statistically likely to have the same career as a high round prospect.

Offensive Tackle on the other hand has taken a step back and it's becoming difficult to find a high quality player in any round.

Of the two I would go Penei Sewell.

Because Chase is the best WR this draft,I would  take him and Draft gurus are saying the same thing. You cannot go wrong with this guy and Burrow loves the guy and they have chemistry already.Where ever he goes he is going to be the man.
Reply/Quote