Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 NFL Draft Better-Than Team
Was reading a report from Pete Prisco on his list of talents that he is higher on then scouts and saw a few names that I felt like sharing around these parts.

His captain - Dyami Brown who has been my #1 WR target for months.

Brown is one of those players. He is an explosive receiver who ran by a lot of defensive backs in college. He had 21 touchdown receptions in his career. But he's much more than just a speed guy. He is solid as a route runner and will only get better as he gets coached up in the NFL.

But the thing that is so attractive is his big-play ability. He averaged at least 20 yards per catch each of the past two seasons. Pop on his game tapes and you will see why. At 6-1, 190 pounds, he puts fear in defensive backs with his ability to run by them with ease. He was clocked at 4.4 at his pro day, but I think he plays faster than that.

Brown will be a star on the next level — maybe even better than one of the big-three receivers in this draft class. That's how much I was impressed by his tape.

For Synric though, the list has multiple hits:

Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa
Teams looking for a burner in the later rounds should take a long look at Smith-Marsette. He can fly and averaged 14.7 yards per catch at Iowa. He is also a capable kick returner, which will add to his value. He does need to get stronger, but he has the frame to do it. He was arrested for DUI at Iowa, which is a concern and also injured an ankle while flipping into the end zone to celebrate a score. But the speed will be what draws him to teams, and it should.

and of course... WVU's own

Tony Fields, LB, West Virginia
He transferred to West Virginia last season after three years as a starter at Arizona. At just over 6-feet tall and 222 pounds, he isn't a big player but he plays bigger than he looks. He is a perfect run-and-chase linebacker who racked up a lot of tackles. He does have trouble with guard and centers getting out on him in space, but he is more than willing to take them on. For a third-day pick, he should help a team immediately on special teams and may work his way onto the field with his ability to run and chase.

Anyways, the full list is here at the link and some other common names we've tossed around are on there:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-draft-better-than-team-20-guys-pete-prisco-likes-more-than-the-scouts-do/

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting he has nearly twice as many WR with first round grades as OT (7 to 4) and more WR with top 100 grades than OT( 17 to 14).  And interior O-Line with only 4 top 100. Bad year to need gaurds, great year to have a top 5 pick and need OTs.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Was quite happy to be able to snag Dyami Brown in the 3rd in my PFF mock. Do appreciate productive college players. I don't think I will go as far as to say he'll better than Chase/Waddle/Smith. That seems like a significant overabundance of hype.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote