Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LT Dillon Radunz
Ive always been a huge fan of prospects who excell during senior bowl week. From Chad Johnson, Atkins, Tomlinson, Aaron Donald n QB Herbert all made it big in the pros . This week Dillon Radunz dominated the practices , he shows good power n technique with some nastiness . I'd love for him to get drafted by the Bengals but hes not in our range. Will probably get drafted in the mid to late first round maybe top 15 but not top 5.
Reply/Quote
Calm down. Every year the draft board takes a wild bunch of big risers from the Senior Bowl and Combine, then after the news cycle cools a bit, things always seem to go back toward where they were at the end of the CFB season.

I expect this year to be no different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's cause the 1st rd OTs weren't there.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 01:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Calm down.  Every year the draft board takes a wild bunch of big risers from the Senior Bowl and Combine, then after the news cycle cools a bit, things always seem to go back toward where they were at the end of the CFB season.

Truth.  Gospel truth.  A look at PFF's biggest risers from the 2020 Senior Bowl...

Denzel Mims-Thought to have boosted his stock into 1st round territory at the Senior Bowl.  Fell to the 59th pick in the draft and racked up a disappointing 23 catches for 357 yards and no TD's for the Jets.

KJ Hill-Fell all the way the 7th round and had 7 catches for 73 yards for the Chargers.

Troy Pride Jr.-Drafted in the 4th by the Panthers.  Allowed 27 catches on 36 targets and ended the year with a 39.3 PFF grade.

Harrison Bryant-Drafted in the 4th by the Browns.  Caught 24 passes for 238 yards and 3 TD's, respectable for a rookie TE.  

Damien Lewis-Probably the shining star of this list, Lewis was drafted 69th overall and had a good 70.2 grade as a starting G for the Seahawks.

Jonah Jackson-Went 75th to the Lions.  Was a starting G, but sucked with a 57.1 PFF grade.

Josh Jones-I think we all know the story, here.  Thought to be a first round talent, Jones fell to pick 72 and barely saw the field.  He played 51 snaps at T for the Cardinals and graded terribly at 43.0.

Larrel Murchison-Drafted in the 5th by the Titans.  Recorded 3 tackles and a 48.3 PFF grade in their DL rotation.

Van Jefferson-Taken 57th by the Rams.  Recorded 19 catches for 220 yards and 1 TD.

Jalen Elliott-Went undrafted and signed with the Lions, winding up on the PS.
Reply/Quote
I get all the pre draft hype n all that , but I'm talking about senior bowl performances that usually go hand n hand with NFL success . More specifically I'm talking about this particular player which is really impressive. I've been following the draft quite a few years so I didn't just pick up the game. My prediction , he's going round 1 . I'll even predict he goes above Slater .. He's that good.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 01:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Calm down.  Every year the draft board takes a wild bunch of big risers from the Senior Bowl and Combine, then after the news cycle cools a bit, things always seem to go back toward where they were at the end of the CFB season.

I would disagree , this is not media buzz pumping up players with limited access to college practice  this is NFl coaches in those practices and other nfl coaches watching plus if you package the players together even if elites are not playing you still have a strong team vs team showing. Four players that performed well in practice and in game on offense that helped them In draft were Radnuz OT, Eskridge WR and Long TE , Roche DE/LB and I think we be players on Bengals board day 2 draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 04:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I get all the pre draft hype n all that , but I'm talking about senior bowl performances that usually go hand n hand with NFL success .  More specifically I'm talking about this particular player which is really impressive.   I've been following the draft quite a few years so I didn't just pick up the game.   My prediction , he's going round 1 .   I'll even predict he goes above Slater ..   He's that good.

(01-31-2021, 10:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would disagree , this is not media buzz pumping up players with limited access to college practice  this is NFl coaches in those practices and other nfl coaches watching plus if you package the players together even if elites are not playing you still have a strong team vs team showing. Four players that performed well in practice and in game on offense that helped them In draft were Radnuz OT, Eskridge WR and Long TE , Roche DE/LB and I think we be players on Bengals board day 2 draft.

The list I posted is actually pretty strong evidence that a strong Senior Bowl performance isn't an indicator of NFL success.  

The Senior Bowl has no underclassmen and pretty much all of the top seniors opt out rather than risk injury.  The talent level at the Senior Bowl is basically that of a 4th quarter in an NFL preseason game.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 05:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: The list I posted is actually pretty strong evidence that a strong Senior Bowl performance isn't an indicator of NFL success.  

The Senior Bowl has no underclassmen and pretty much all of the top seniors opt out rather than risk injury.  The talent level at the Senior Bowl is basically that of a 4th quarter in an NFL preseason game.  

No.

2020 Senior Bowl MVP is now the reigning Rookie of the year Justin Herbert.

You also have Kyle Dugger, Jeremy Chinn, Javon Kinlaw, Antiono Gibson, Chase Claypool, Terrell Lewis.

And we are talking about rookies.

Edit: also denzel mims missed a good chunk of the season and was a solid vertical threat earning a 69 pff grade...as a rookie.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 05:35 PM)Synric Wrote: No.

You also have Kyle Dugger, Jeremy Chinn, Javon Kinlaw, Antiono Gibson, Chase Claypool, Terrell Lewis.

Edit: also denzel mims missed a good chunk of the season and was a solid vertical threat earning a 69 pff grade...as a rookie.

A couple years ago I remember Terry McLaurin didn't even get an initial invite, but made a name for himself that week. 

WTS, I still seed Dillon as a day 2 pick 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 05:35 PM)Synric Wrote: No.

Those guys weren't on PFF's list, but...

Dugger graded well at 64.9, but only played 51% of the defensive snaps.

Chinn allowed 41 catches on 54 targets and had a 59.8 grade.

Kinlaw had a 54.1 grade.  He was pretty disappointing for a guy taken 14th overall.

Lewis graded well at 70.4, but only played 8 games and 12% of the defensive snaps.

Herbert, Gibson, and Claypool certainly played well.  So out of 17 players between both lists, we basically have 4 guys that were quality starters.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 05:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: The list I posted is actually pretty strong evidence that a strong Senior Bowl performance isn't an indicator of NFL success.  

I will wager all 4 I mentioned go on day 2 which is considered the most important day of teams draft..we are not talking chop liver picks here
Reply/Quote
The Senior Bowl is one of the most important scouting events of the offseason. This isn't news as scouts coaches say the exact same thing every year. Trying to break it down to PFF scores in a rookie year is a bad way to go about scouting a player.

Dillon Radunz showed what he did on tape at the Senior Bowl practices and is most likely a day 2 pick at tackle or left guard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 09:17 PM)Synric Wrote: The Senior Bowl is one of the most important scouting events of the offseason. This isn't news as scouts coaches say the exact same thing every year. Trying to break it down to PFF scores in a rookie year is a bad way to go about scouting a player.

Dillon Radunz showed what he did on tape at the Senior Bowl practices and is most likely a day 2 pick at tackle or left guard.

The Senior Bowl is a tool.  I don't think anybody thinks it has no value, but I think it's overrated by some as an evaluation tool.  Radunz was seen as a day 2 pick before the Senior Bowl.  The OP is now saying he's a potential Top 15 pick because of his Senior Bowl performance.  
Reply/Quote
Ok we go thru the same thing every year.
Movers up and down the boards, but one thing I've noticed is that many mocks that happen before all of this, usually stay true once the draft is done, especially in the first couple of rounds. Sure, exceptions here and there but not enough to really shake the board up.
Reply/Quote

Terry mclaurin a top 15 wr is a bad player?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 02:07 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Terry mclaurin a top 15 wr is a bad player?

Not at all.  But I thought he'd be a great player before the Senior Bowl happened.  

That's the thing, guys shouldn't be shooting up your draft board just because they had a good Senior Bowl week. Or a good Combine or Pro Day, for that matter.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 12:39 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ive always been a huge fan of prospects who excell during senior bowl week.  From Chad Johnson, Atkins, Tomlinson, Aaron Donald n QB Herbert all made it big in the pros .   This week Dillon Radunz dominated the practices  , he shows good power n technique with some nastiness .  I'd love for him to get drafted by the Bengals but hes not in our range. Will probably get drafted in the mid to late first round maybe top 15 but not top 5.

The draft class is blessed with good OT talent this year.
Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater, Mayfield, Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Radunz, Jenkins among others.
There will almost assuredly be a good starting caliber OT at 38 when the Bengals pick, even potentially at 69 in Rd 3.

If we are to believe the rumors that the Bengals will get a new OT in FA though, it might be worth holding off on OT this draft (at least until Day 3) since there are so many other needs. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I liked that kid from Wisconsin-Whitewater. That Guard from Grambling looks like a beast.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 12:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I liked that kid from Wisconsin-Whitewater.   That Guard from Grambling looks like a beast.

And the consensus out there is that the Bengals won't sign a FA guard, but will invest in a tackle.   In which case I hope we focus on the interior in round 2.  I'm all for trading down and picking up the BPA in the first round and a couple of interior linemen - or an IOL and a DL in round 2.  Then target the other holes (including a really fast receiver) from then on out.

Both lines are the clear priority.   As many as we can get to make sure something of quality shakes out.
Reply/Quote