Poll: Draft Option
A
B
C
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Official Message Board Mock Draft
Welcome to the 2021 OFFICIAL Message Board Mock Draft. First off thanks to Psychdoctor for stepping up last year while I was in timeout and look forward to him acting as Co-Commish.

Now to the rules:

Eligibility:
You must take is seriously and be able to meet all given timelines and actively participate

Must be a “regular” Board Member in good standing

Our friends that are fans of other teams may participate as long as they meet the other requirements.

Our goal is to have maximum participation. If you are an old timer or relatively new, you are welcome, we always have a good time and you get to talk draft with some folks that know what they're talking about (well maybe not everybody).

Execution:
We will draft 3 rounds in 2 nights

If you are interested nominate yourself in this thread and list 3 teams you would like to draft for. I have always been able to give someone at least one of their desired, but I cannot promise. The deadline to nominate yourself is 4/12/2021 at Midnight EDT.

I will take one day to sort through and post the GM-team list on 4/13/2021

On 4/14/2021 a separate trade thread will be open, where teams can talk trades and then the trade window will open from 4/14/2021-4/16/2021

We will not do Big Boards this year. If you are not present I will give your team(s) to someone else or we will make it a consensus pick

History has should that the board overwhelmingly prefers to do this during week nights, So the 3 options this year are:

RD 1 on night 1, skip a day, RDs-2-3 on night 2

RDs 1-2 on night 1, skip a day, RD 3 on night 2

RD 1 on night 1, RD 2 on night 2, RD 3 on night 3

OPTION A) RD 1 4/20/2021 (Tues)………….Trade Day 4/21/2021(Wed)……….RD 2-3 4/22/2021(Thurs)
OPTION B) RD 1-2 4/20/2021 (Tues)………….Trade Day 4/21/2021(Wed)……….RD 3 4/22/2021(Thurs)
OPTION C) RD 1 4/20/2021 (Tues)………….RD 2 4/21/2021(Wed)……….RD 3 4/22/2021(Thurs)
**Vote in the Poll**

Bengals: Don't list them as one of your 3 teams. Whatever owned them last year and by tradition he determines who gets them this year. How he does it is entirely up to him. But he must give them up.

Positions Needed:
Trade Commish(s): I need two people to volunteer to validate trades. Only one must approve each trade, but they will each have veto power. If one is involved in a trade the other adjudicates and I will reserve the right to veto. If both are involved in a trade I will adjudicate and Co Commish will veto. These people will be responsible to create/monitor the trade thread in this forum. BenZoo and Whatever have preformed these duties flawlessly in the past.

Co Commish: Psychdoctor is the man unless he declines

Board Support: I need at least 2 people to create/facilitate various threads as needed, This will include a chat thread on draft night, a separate picks thread on draft night, and perhaps a couple more as needed. I think Holic opened the Board chat last time I ran it and that worked fairly well.

If you are interested in helping PM me and I will announce positions as they are filled.
Also in this thread I ask that you suggest times that will best suit you on the days you pick.

If you are a long time participant chime in and let me know if I have missed anything. Also feel free to post any thoughts ideas you have be you a regular or a first timer.
Good luck to all and MTF.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok Bfine. I'll get it started how you requested. I would like to participate and request Buffalo, Seattle and Jacksonville. I voted option C which is one round per night. I'm not particular on my team choices. In other words, if someone wants one of the teams I chose also, that's fine.

Oh. And welcome back Bfine.
Reply/Quote
Nice to have you back fine.  I accept Co-Commish.  Just let me know what you need

I voted option A, would like New Orleans, Los Angeles Chargers.

I can also set up a discord channel for communicationunication if you guys want.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm down to act as a trade commish again. Preferred teams would be Dolphins, Saints, and Vikings.
Reply/Quote
Also, anyone interested in being Bengals GM that hasn't had them before can reply in this thread and I'll make a determination. Past reliability and willingness to take on extra duties to help things run smoothly will be big factors in this selection.
Reply/Quote
Count me in of course. As always I'll take whatever teams and you can load me up with a few.

I believe this will be the 10th year we have done this Mock draft dating back to the mothership. I'd like to thank guys that continue to work on these like BFine, PsychDoctor, Whatever, Wofkaosaun, Dr1441 and many more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Alot of work goes into these and Its one of the highlights of the board.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Business is a little slow this year; although, I welcome all who are "qualified" to participate; we'll roll with how many/few we get.

Locked in so far:

bfine
Psychdoctor
Whatever
Goalpost
Synric

As to the Bengals: I've had them about 10 years ago. I took Cam Newton. So L may be due again.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Business is a little slow this year; although, I welcome all who are "qualified" to participate; we'll roll with how many/few we get.

Locked in so far:

bfine
Psychdoctor
Whatever
Goalpost
Synric

As to the Bengals: I've had them about 10 years ago. I took Cam Newton. So L may be due again.

I haven't had them yet. Lol I always end up with the teams no one picks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:12 PM)Synric Wrote: I haven't had them yet. Lol I always end up with the teams no one picks.

If you want the Bengals, I'm cool with letting you have them.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you want the Bengals, I'm cool with letting you have them.

I second that vote. Synric has always been a valued Board Mock participant. I just fear he might go Kyle Polland at #5OA

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you want the Bengals, I'm cool with letting you have them.

Thanks. Honestly I just hope we see some more activity. Last couple of years it's been more pick by consensus.

Which is what we may have to just do BFine. 

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Thanks. Honestly I just hope we see some more activity. Last couple of years it's been more pick by consensus.

While i was in Timeout last year me and 1 other dude (he was on the mothership) did a two man draft on another forum. We started with a third but he couldn't keep up and threw in the towel about halfway through RD 1. 

Me the other dude did about 3 of them, switching teams. worked out very well. I was much like what PK and Milz do on Fridays.  

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Thanks. Honestly I just hope we see some more activity. Last couple of years it's been more pick by consensus.

I mean, I'm good with picking for 6-7 teams.  It would honestly go better with reliable people picking for a bunch of teams rather than unreliable people picking for 2-3.  Actually coming to a consensus seems to take more time than anything.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 12:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: I mean, I'm good with picking for 6-7 teams.  It would honestly go better with reliable people picking for a bunch of teams rather than unreliable people picking for 2-3.  Actually coming to a consensus seems to take more time than anything.

My favorite year was my first back on the mothership. I think Wolf was running it and had us send in a big board. Mine had about 15 players per round and instructions on if this player was taken this round lol. He PM'd back and said it was a little much lol.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 01:04 PM)Synric Wrote: My favorite year was my first back on the mothership. I think Wolf was running it and had us send in a big board. Mine had about 15 players per round and instructions on if this player was taken this round lol. He PM'd back and said it was a little much lol.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Bumping this thread because I've talked to a couple regulars via PM that tell me they're in, but have not replied in this post. As it stands right now we have 5 members and I have talked via PM to 3 more. I'd like 8 to be the optimal number. So if you're a regular and want in, reply here.

I also need you to vote in the poll if you have a preference. Current doing 1 rd 3 nights in a row is leading.

Reply/Quote
Went with option C.

Teams I'm interested in are the 49ers, Seahawks, and Lions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Anyone that can refer me to a nice reliable site that has TEAM NEEDS updated with FREE AGENT signings would be appreciated.
Reply/Quote
I would love to participate in this but Tuesday the 20th may be a tough day for me. I will know for sure by early next week. I'm not the type of person to say I'll do something and back out so I just want to make sure before committing.

I'm definitely a draft nerd and am willing to take the Ravens and whatever other team(s) you'd like. Sorry I've been away from the board for the last month but life took a left turn on me. Talk to you soon, thanks Bengals fans!
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:24 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I would love to participate in this but Tuesday the 20th may be a tough day for me. I will know for sure by early next week. I'm not the type of person to say I'll do something and back out so I just want to make sure before committing.

I'm definitely a draft nerd and am willing to take the Ravens and whatever other team(s) you'd like. Sorry I've been away from the board for the last month but life took a left turn on me. Talk to you soon, thanks Bengals fans!

Be glad to have you BB. You can submit a Big Board for the 20th if you cannot make it.

Reply/Quote