Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Offseason - Okeana #1
Cuts/restructure

Coaching Staff - Gone (maybe Simmons Stays)

Geno Atkins - Trade/restructure

Bobby Hart - Cut

Team Free Agents]

Possible WJ3(depending on price)
Possible Mackenzie Alexander(4-5m range)
Possible Kevin Huber

Shawn Williams (gone)
AJ Green (gone)
Carl Lawson (gone)

This may be a time to unload a lot of the unproductive/injury prone players

New Coaching Staff

Head Coach - Eric Bieniemy / Robert Saleh /Jack Del Rio

Offensive Coordinator - Joe Brady

Defensive Coordinator - Wade Philips

Special Teams - Simmons(?)

I listed 3 head coaches that could fill the role all with potential upside and stability depending on the pick

Free Agents Signed

Allen Robinson - 19m yr
Joe Thuney - G - 14.5m yr
Leonard Williams - DL - 17m yr

Possible* Brian Poole - CB - If we don't keep alexander and WJ3 Walks, I could see us investing in Poole who has become the best slot corner in the NFL

So these are pretty straight forward signings and while I would prefer these players, I think the most important thing is to look at the positions. We will shed a lot of contract weight, by cuts, dunlap is now gone, and If we can restructure atkins it will give us upwards 60m in cap. The key is I want productive players with no injury history and their young.

Allen Robinson can step in immediately as the #1 receiver and he would pair extremely well with Higgins and Boyd. Another possible WR that could fill that role with those guys is Will Fuller. Regardless I wanted a young guy that offers some more explosion to the offense and we don't have to take a chance in the draft. We have a lot of great rotational wide receivers, but we need to fill that Green Gap.

Joe Thuney is a great guard, but what he offers is no injury history. We need stability and experience on the line that we can team with some draft picks to fix this line up in a hurry. I'm pretty sure you know I'm drafting a Tackle so it just makes sense that we stop fiddling around with bad guards.

Leonard Williams offers pass rush and position diversity that will be key when it comes to taking reps across the line to fill in for Atkins if he leaves, Dunlap, or at RE. I think he's just getting better with age and if you get him with wade philips this defensive line could be super explosive.

Draft Picks

Round 1 - Penei Sewell - T/G - Oregon

I have been saying this pick since last year and I will be downright giddy if we can land this guy. Athletically this guy has no ceiling and has the potential to be the best tackle in the NFL if he matures properly. The guy is a great run blocker, excellent pass defender, and he still has room to grow with coaching. This guy can be our next Anthony Munoz and he comes from an amazing upbringing in Somoa, so zero character concerns.

Round 2 - Trey Smith - G/T - Tennesse

I have had my eye on this guy for years and while he has played at Tackle he is an amazing Guard. Slot him in with the rest of these guys and our offensive line has the potential to be among the best in the NFL within 1-2 years.

Round 3- Rashad Weaver - Edge/DE - Pitt

Great size and athleticism, has natural pass-rush ability and is one of the fast risers in the draft. We need pass rushers and its time to invest

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Are you trying to get people thinking about what could be next year? Because it's working. Now just insert yourself as the GM and it looks solid as hell. ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks good to me.

Reply/Quote
Smith has some fairly major health concerns. Also don’t know where ur getting this extra money from?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:33 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Smith has some fairly major health concerns. Also don’t know where ur getting this extra money from?

Not extra money when you don't bring back AJ or GENO  and others you obviously didn't read the whole article close enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 12:03 AM)pulses Wrote: Not extra money when you don't bring back AJ or GENO  and others you obviously didn't read the whole article close enough.

No way in hell we’re taking a 8 milllion dollar dead cap hit with geno. And we have 31 million without the possibility of aj being back. He dosent factor into the cap of this coming year Bc he’s not signed. So asking again what extra money? Bates jackson Alexander will take up most if not all of the 31 million
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No way in hell we’re taking a 8 milllion dollar dead cap hit with geno. And we have 31 million without the possibility of aj being back. He dosent factor into the cap of this coming year Bc he’s not signed. So asking again what extra money? Bates jackson Alexander will take up most if not all of the 31 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/2021/

shed the bobby hart contract and restructure/trade geno.  already at 41m without those moves

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:33 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Smith has some fairly major health concerns. Also don’t know where ur getting this extra money from?

He had blood clots in his lungs in 2018.  That isn't a persistent health condition and his since been resolved.  

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:33 AM)Okeana Wrote: He had blood clots in his lungs in 2018.  That isn't a persistent health condition and his since been resolved.  

He had them twice in 2018. His moth died from that issue. At a young age. It definitely is a issue.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:21 AM)Okeana Wrote: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/2021/

shed the bobby hart contract and restructure/trade geno.  already at 41m without those moves

Geno won’t restructure imo and nobody gonna traded for him. We’re at 41. But ur forgetting rollover. So really 31.
Reply/Quote
This is actually not too bad a plan. Getting Joe Brady to come here might be tricky unless he is excited about reuniting with Burrow or being a head coach. Just that this plan lacks effective edge rushers. But not bad overall. I'd get behind it.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 09:46 PM)Yogo Wrote: This is actually not too bad a plan.  Getting Joe Brady to come here might be tricky unless he is excited about reuniting with Burrow or being a head coach.  Just that this plan lacks effective edge rushers.  But not bad overall.  I'd get behind it.

Brady is currently the Panthers' OC.  I highly doubt they will let him out of his contract to make a lateral move to another team.
Reply/Quote
I stopped reading when you wanted to spend $19 million on a WR.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 05:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I stopped reading when you wanted to spend $19 million on a WR.

We did that this year.  At least we would get a number 1 who can't actually make it on the field.  

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No way in hell we’re taking a 8 milllion dollar dead cap hit with geno. And we have 31 million without the possibility of aj being back. He dosent factor into the cap of this coming year Bc he’s not signed. So asking again what extra money? Bates jackson Alexander will take up most if not all of the 31 million

I'm not sure where you're getting the $8 million, but I believe your number is incorrect.

When looking at the dead cap, this is what it's listed if you cut Atkins in 2021 vs 2022:
2021 - $5.2 mill ($2.6 mill guaranteed in 2021 + $2.6 mill guaranteed in 2022)
2022 - $2.6 mill

So if he's cut in 2021, these numbers are not added. What essentially happens is his entire remaining guaranteed money ($5.2 mill) is given in that year. So they would take the $5.2 mill dead cap in 2021 but have nothing remaining to pay Atkins in 2022.

As such, if Atkins is cut in 2021, here are the cap savings by year:
2021 - $9.6 mill
2022 - $16.05 mill
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 09:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: We did that this year.  At least we would get a number 1 who can't actually make it on the field.  

Put $19 mill toward OL before you put it toward a WR.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure where you're getting the $8 million, but I believe your number is incorrect.

When looking at the dead cap, this is what it's listed if you cut Atkins in 2021 vs 2022:
2021 - $5.2 mill ($2.6 mill guaranteed in 2021 + $2.6 mill guaranteed in 2022)
2022 - $2.6 mill

So if he's cut in 2021, these numbers are not added. What essentially happens is his entire remaining guaranteed money ($5.2 mill) is given in that year. So they would take the $5.2 mill dead cap in 2021 but have nothing remaining to pay Atkins in 2022.

As such, if Atkins is cut in 2021, here are the cap savings by year:
2021 - $9.6 mill
2022 - $16.05 mill

He can also be designated a June 1st cut to halve his 2021 dead cap to 2.6m. It's also 2.6m if hes traded instead of cut but I don't see that happening with his contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 04:54 PM)Synric Wrote: He can also be designated a June 1st cut to halve his 2021 dead cap to 2.6m. It's also 2.6m if hes traded instead of cut but I don't see that happening with his contract.

Problem with cutting Atkins post-June 1 is that most of the good FAs are gone by June 1. So freeing up that cap late isn't really providing a good opportunity to sign a good player in his place.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 05:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Problem with cutting Atkins post-June 1 is that most of the good FAs are gone by June 1. So freeing up that cap late isn't really providing a good opportunity to sign a good player in his place.

He can be cut in March and be one of the two allowed to be designated as a post June 1st cut.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 05:10 PM)Synric Wrote: He can be cut in March and be one of the two allowed to be designated as a post June 1st cut.

Ahh, I didn't realize that was a thing. But doesn't that still mean his cap isn't freed up until June 1?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote