Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Election Results Thread
I decided to start a thread to discuss the various races and results for the election. What will be the make up of the Senate and House? I am a conservative Republican so I hope for a good night for the GOP. Already heard grumblings of voter and ballot problems.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Here in Ohio we have JD Vance and Tim Ryan running for Senate. This is a key race. Can't wait for the results to start coming in.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I wonder where those grumblings you heard are coming from?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 07:34 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I wonder where those grumblings you heard are coming from?

The narrative is clear. If the republicans are elected it is fair, if not it is rigged.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I feel that by far, the biggest and most important question of the day is why the hell haven't the winning lottery numbers been announced yet? I needs my money so I can buy me an election..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 08:25 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: The narrative is clear. If the republicans are elected it is fair, if not it is rigged.

Based on the last 2 years i cant imagine people wanting more and voting to keep the Democrat's in office.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Based on the last 2 years i cant imagine people wanting more and voting to keep the Democrat's in office.

Well the biggest competition here in PA is for a Senate seat the GOP has had locked down for over a decade, so if things need a shake up I guess it's blue no matter who. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Based on the last 2 years i cant imagine people wanting more and voting to keep the Democrat's in office.

The 2 years before that with Covid and insurrection weren't that bright too ? Or is it just selective memory ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:31 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: The 2 years before that with Covid and insurrection weren't that bright too ? Or is it just selective memory ?

Those 2 years were bad enough to swear off the republican party and now things are so bad we are going to swear off the democrats and put our prosperity in the hands of the republicans again. 

It's kind of our thing.  Ping ponging back and forth between our love/hates and hoping us nobodies will reap the benefits soon.  If not, you're gonna be out of power for a few years and that'll show ya!

Take it from me, politics is like romance. Any time you go crawling back to an ex and beg her to make things great again she's really helpful and really respects you and things get really awesome.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Those 2 years were bad enough to swear off the republican party and now things are so bad we are going to swear off the democrats and put our prosperity in the hands of the republicans again. 

It's kind of our thing.  Ping ponging back and forth between our love/hates and hoping us nobodies will reap the benefits soon.  If not, you're gonna be out of power for a few years and that'll show ya!

Take it from me, politics is like romance.  Any time you go crawling back to an ex and beg her to make things great again she's really helpful and really respects you and things get really awesome.

Pretty much. It's the ol' "are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" question. Hard not to expect GOP gains this cycle.
Reply/Quote
I think it will be a good night for the GOP. If you would have asked me two months ago, I would have said a split congress without hesitation. The abortion decision was fresh on people's minds and many were upset. Since then, it has been dropping down the list of important topics. Inflation has remained high and whether it is reality or not, voters view Republicans as more financially responsible than Democrats. I don't really see a path forward for the Dems in the House, but they do have a chance in the Senate, at least. The final 538 model gave them a 41% chance of keeping the Senate. This is a fairly high chance, because the party in power usually does quite poor in midterms. Of course, tonight may not be any different. I don't expect the Dems to keep the Senate, personally.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:11 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Pretty much. It's the ol' "are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" question. Hard not to expect GOP gains this cycle.

The country that preaches that anyone can make it with hard work is constantly playing the "everything sucks, but a mere vote for our side will fix it" card. 

Meh the sooner the GOP has control the sooner they can start doing stuff that makes people want to crawl back to the democrats. 

I am morbidly looking forward to 6+ years of Herschel Walker Senate quotes though.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The country that preaches that anyone can make it with hard work is constantly playing the "everything sucks, but a mere vote for our side will fix it" card. 

Meh the sooner the GOP has control the sooner they can start doing stuff that makes people want to crawl back to the democrats. 

I am morbidly looking forward to 6+ years of Herschel Walker Senate quotes though.  

This is what is really, really disappointing to me. Walker and Dr. Oz are both favored to win their races. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:32 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is what is really, really disappointing to me. Walker and Dr. Oz are both favored to win their races. 

Meh, give em what they want.  It'll be interesting to see if their success doesn't inspire democrats to move into the athletes and celebrities direction. 

This could be the first step towards President Kaepernick. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, give em what they want.  It'll be interesting to see if their success doesn't inspire democrats to move into the athletes and celebrities direction. 

This could be the first step towards President Kaepernick. 

A general election with Kaepernick and Brady head-to-head here in about 15 years. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:39 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: A general election with Kaepernick and Brady head-to-head here in about 15 years. 

No way im voting for Sleepy Tom. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The country that preaches that anyone can make it with hard work is constantly playing the "everything sucks, but a mere vote for our side will fix it" card. 

Meh the sooner the GOP has control the sooner they can start doing stuff that makes people want to crawl back to the democrats

The problem being that with GOP majorities, it may not matter what the people want in future elections. They're saying it out loud at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:52 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: The problem being that with GOP majorities, it may not matter what the people want in future elections. They're saying it out loud at this point.

Yeah, you may be right, but if people wanted what the people want to not matter in future elections, that's just the way it goes.  Maybe I'm over simplifying things, but the idea that gas prices going back up could very well lead to us willingly denying ourselves a voice in our own future government, as well as empowering leaders who wish to pull support from one of our allies that is being currently invaded is pretty interesting.

It the short term PA should be fun as Oz wins the Senate race, but Mastriano gets crushed in the governor's race and still claims the ballots were fake and the election was rigged. Also, if any PA conservatives brag up that Oz won you can always say "It's good to see more Muslim immigrants in our government."
Reply/Quote
Tim Scott wins re-election in South Carolina.

I don’t need to wait for the results (probably). I was surprised we had a huge line when we went the second voting opening so looks like the trend of big turnouts could be continuing.

For people that went in person today how did your lines look?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:11 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Pretty much. It's the ol' "are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" question. Hard not to expect GOP gains this cycle.

Maybe it was much better 8 years ago ? 

Reply/Quote