Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Election Results Thread
(11-08-2022, 01:04 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: For people that went in person today how did your lines look?

I just got done.  Took me about 20-25 minutes to get in and out.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
hoping for big results today an night. we need people across the counrty who are gonna be strong on putting God back in our instatutions an stand strong on outlawing abortion all together except rape incest an emergencies. we need folks who is gonna value the constitution and folks who care more bout doing whats right instead of whats pc.

also getting sick of these conservatives for ryan bullcrap here in ohio. cant wait to not see those fake ads anymore.
Reply/Quote
So I'm seeing the electronic voting machines in Arizona have issues counting the ballots. First foul up of the day....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:41 PM)Leon Wrote: hoping for big results today an night. we need people across the counrty who are gonna be strong on putting God back in our instatutions an stand strong on outlawing abortion all together except rape incest an emergencies. we need folks who is gonna value the constitution and folks who care more bout doing whats right instead of whats pc.

also getting sick of these conservatives for ryan bullcrap here in ohio. cant wait to not see those fake ads anymore.

I feel like you're going to get some pushback from conservatives on that.  There are arguments that exceptions to an abortion ban opens the door for people to exploit the situation and lie about non existent rapes/danger/incest in order to get an abortion that should otherwise be illegal.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like you're going to get some pushback from conservatives on that.  There are arguments that exceptions to an abortion ban opens the door for people to exploit the situation and lie about non existent rapes/danger/incest in order to get an abortion that should otherwise be illegal.

yes sir. i hear them all the time. honestly ive been back an forth on it over the years but i just believe you cant force folks in situations that would kill them or was a crime. your right maybe some folks might take advantage but folks do that with everything. no way to have zero fraud in anything. but it has to be there. i mean personly i would rather the ladies would have the babies in rape an incest cases cause the babies didnt do a dang thing wrong an they are just as innocent as the lady but i just dont think we can legal force it because it happened by a crime. not saying its an easy issue but just from legal point dont think we can force it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:03 PM)Leon Wrote: yes sir. i hear them all the time. honestly ive been back an forth on it over the years but i just believe you cant force folks in situations that would kill them or was a crime. your right maybe some folks might take advantage but folks do that with everything. no way to have zero fraud in anything. but it has to be there. i mean personly i would rather the ladies would have the babies in rape an incest cases cause the babies didnt do a dang thing wrong an they are just as innocent as the lady but i just dont think we can legal force it because it happened by a crime. not saying its an easy issue but just from legal point dont think we can force it. 

The government can force people to do all sorts of things if we want them to.  All this does is make sure that any woman who wants an abortion just has to lie about rape or get a doctor to sign off that she's in danger if she doesn't get one.  It's like the draft...the government is going to force people who can't or won't lie their way out of it to sacrifice in a manner the well off or well-connected don't have to worry about.

And as for rape, just because someone did something illegal to you doesn't give you a free pass to do something illegal to the baby.  If we empower the government to legally declare a fetus a to be a person with rights, I don't see how any exceptions can justify killing the baby.  I know this is getting off-topic, but I'm just saying asking the government to step in and then expect them to only step so far may be a bit of a risky bet.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:04 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Tim Scott wins re-election in South Carolina.

I don’t need to wait for the results (probably). I was surprised we had a huge line when we went the second voting opening so looks like the trend of big turnouts could be continuing.

For people that went in person today how did your lines look?

In line currently. Looking like an hour wait. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:41 PM)Leon Wrote: hoping for big results today an night. we need people across the counrty who are gonna be strong on putting God back in our instatutions an stand strong on outlawing abortion all together except rape incest an emergencies. we need folks who is gonna value the constitution and folks who care more bout doing whats right instead of whats pc.

I'll definitely be holding my nose as I vote for JD Vance later this afternoon.  (I voted for Josh Mandel in the primaries)  "Conservatives for Ryan" is just some made up hogwash.  Everyone knows that Ryan's voting record shows he voted for whatever wasteful budget item that came along.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll definitely be holding my nose as I vote for JD Vance later this afternoon.  (I voted for Josh Mandel in the primaries)  "Conservatives for Ryan" is just some made up hogwash.  Everyone knows that Ryan's voting record shows he voted for whatever wasteful budget item that came along.

Wasteful spending is pretty much a hallmark of our two party system.  Fiscal conservatism is dead and voters don't seem particularly interested in it in practice, though they may say otherwise. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The government can force people to do all sorts of things if we want them to.  All this does is make sure that any woman who wants an abortion just has to lie about rape or get a doctor to sign off that she's in danger if she doesn't get one.  It's like the draft...the government is going to force people who can't or won't lie their way out of it to sacrifice in a manner the well off or well-connected don't have to worry about.

And as for rape, just because someone did something illegal to you doesn't give you a free pass to do something illegal to the baby.  If we empower the government to legally declare a fetus a to be a person with rights, I don't see how any exceptions can justify killing the baby.  I know this is getting off-topic, but I'm just saying asking the government to step in and then expect them to only step so far may be a bit of a risky bet.

my daughter in law kanisha explained it like this to me an really sort of change my thinking on it. what if some one steals a baby an leave it on your doorstep. what if the govt says well you the baby ended up here cause of a crime but now you have to raise this baby. it dont matter that you didnt ask for it or that it happened from a crime or that there is options to where you dont have to take the baby. your have to cause were forcing to. 

im not explaing it as good as she did. i probably butchered it. but it really made me think.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll definitely be holding my nose as I vote for JD Vance later this afternoon.  (I voted for Josh Mandel in the primaries)  "Conservatives for Ryan" is just some made up hogwash.  Everyone knows that Ryan's voting record shows he voted for whatever wasteful budget item that came along.

yes sir. dont really care that much for vance but like you said i held my nose to and voted for him. even if he has issues of his own hes way better than ryan.
Reply/Quote
Hot take out of PA, as Josh Shapiro is projected to win the governor race pretty handily does he emerge as a presidential hopeful for a key swing-ish state in 2024?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 04:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hot take out of PA, as Josh Shapiro is projected to win the governor race pretty handily does he emerge as a presidential hopeful for a key swing-ish state in 2024?

the only reason hes winning big is cause masturoni is a complete weirdo that even most republicans shy away from. nothing special about shapiro. just a cardboard cutout liberal.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 04:42 PM)Leon Wrote: the only reason hes winning big is cause masturoni is a complete weirdo that even most republicans shy away from. nothing special about shapiro. just a cardboard cutout liberal.

I don't think anyone terribly special is coming down the democrat pipeline, unless they start going the athletes and celebrities route like the GOP is.  Shapiro is a popular moderate democrat who is successfully channeling some of that righetous anger the GOP has been monopolizing lately. 

He seems as poised for the national stage in 2024 or 2028 as any.  If he can bring that "the people vs the elite" mindset back to the left he won't be so cardboard.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 08:25 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: The narrative is clear. If the republicans are elected it is fair, if not it is rigged.

Could be worse. They could be already questioning the 2024 results.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 04:53 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Could be worse. They could be already questioning the 2024 results.

Crap, now democrats will also feel like believing our elections are rigged is just part of being a member of the party.

OR 2024 could see Trump lose the primary to DeSantis and Trump and Hillary could run as the "The election is rigged" ticket.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:32 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is what is really, really disappointing to me. Walker and Dr. Oz are both favored to win their races. 

Really? I thought they were both predicted to lose?

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 04:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Crap, now democrats will also feel like believing our elections are rigged is just part of being a member of the party.

OR 2024 could see Trump lose the primary to DeSantis and Trump and Hillary could run as the "The election is rigged" ticket.

If Trump announces his running than I think DeSantis will stay put and run in 2028. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 05:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really? I thought they were both predicted to lose?

They're both up now.  When Biden was doing stuff and gas was going down they were favored but unless they really cash in on early voting and new/unlikely voters I'd say Oz and Walker are going to win their races.

The thing that has me extra leery of turning to the GOP for the 2 years is that the worse the country is doing for the next 2 years the more likely the GOP will win back the white house in 2024.  They actually have incentive to make sure inflation and gas prices stay high and we as a people feel the pain because they know the more agony we are in, the more likely we'll put Trump back into power.

Basically, they make sure nothing gets done to fix the economic woes the average person feels and they are free to cut taxes on the ultra wealthy and push for unpopular social policies and we regular working schmos are going to reward them for keeping us down.  Sunny disposition, I know.

(11-08-2022, 05:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If Trump announces his running than I think DeSantis will stay put and run in 2028. 

Maybe....Trump is 100% going to announce he's running and it's been clear that he would since the day he won in 2016.  DeSantis is already hinting he has presidental aspirations despite everyone knowing Trump is going to run in 2024.  Some of the comments from Trump and his team towards DeSantis show that they already regard him as a threat.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 04:53 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Could be worse. They could be already questioning the 2024 results.

Maybe you should ask UN inspectors to supervise all this like in any third world country.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote