Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Election Results Thread
(11-08-2022, 05:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really? I thought they were both predicted to lose?

Nope, at least not according to the model that I follow, which is 538. Oz has been given a 57% chance of victory and Walker has a 63% chance of victory. Link.
Reply/Quote
Just like NFL Redzone, the election is entering the witching hour. We'll see some results stream in after the polls close. You never know what people are thinking.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm walking down to the fire hall to vote here as soon as the wife gets home. I care about the governor and some local stuff but I'm trying to detach myself from the PA Senate race. The amount of doom and gloom spouted about both sides is a real drag.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 07:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm walking down to the fire hall to vote here as soon as the wife gets home.  I care about the governor and some local stuff but I'm trying to detach myself from the PA Senate race.  The amount of doom and gloom spouted about both sides is a real drag.

I live in the bluest of states (Connecticut) and shit was way overboard with the attack ads on both sides. I can't imagine living in an actual contested state like PA or OH.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 03:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll definitely be holding my nose as I vote for JD Vance later this afternoon.  (I voted for Josh Mandel in the primaries)  "Conservatives for Ryan" is just some made up hogwash.  Everyone knows that Ryan's voting record shows he voted for whatever wasteful budget item that came along.

I said no to Tim Ryan when he had the commercial throwing footballs and assumed people knew who he was. Youngstown State bro. Nobody cares.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 09:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I said no to Tim Ryan when he had the commercial throwing footballs and assumed people knew who he was. Youngstown State bro. Nobody cares.

Don't make him take his tool belt and Dickies coat off to fight you... Yeah; it's fake (they all are, even the "outsiders"), but Vance is scum.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It's downright amusing that 89 year old Chuck Grassley is and always was the clear favorite to easily win another 6 year senate term. I bet if he makes it to 95 he wins another term he'd be expected to serve until he is 101.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:40 PM)jason Wrote: Don't make him take his tool belt and Dickies coat off to fight you... Yeah; it's fake (they all are, even the "outsiders"), but Vance is scum.

I didn’t vote for either. No more lesser of two evils for me
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I morbidly look forward to the endless clips of Senator Hershel Walker saying all manner of crazy stuff. Where is your messiah now, Warnock?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I morbidly look forward to the endless clips of Senator Hershel Walker saying all manner of crazy stuff. Where is your messiah now, Warnock?

I’m doing the same with Fetterman.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’m doing the same with Fetterman.

But he’s going to lose
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:53 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: But he’s going to lose

Oh no, he is?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 11:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Oh no, he is?

Depends on where you look, I guess.  Smarkets currently has Walker up on Warnock and Fetterman up on Oz.  If things hold we could have Fetterman and Walker spouting all sorts of nonsense in perfect harmony. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 12:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Depends on where you look, I guess.  Smarkets currently has Walker up on Warnock and Fetterman up on Oz.  If things hold we could have Fetterman and Walker spouting all sorts of nonsense in perfect harmony. 

As the prophecy foretold.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 12:05 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: As the prophecy foretold.

Well, the government is supposed to represent the populace and enough of us have no damn idea what we're spouting to justify Walker and Fetterman as senators.  I mean, Fetterman is PA's lieutenant governor now, so assuming that job requires anything he's already got his thumb in the political pie.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 12:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, the government is supposed to represent the populace and enough of us have no damn idea what we're spouting to justify Walker and Fetterman as senators.  I mean, Fetterman is PA's lieutenant governor now, so assuming that job requires anything he's already got his thumb in the political pie.

[Image: young-frankenstein-thumb-fire.gif]

Right out of the oven
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 12:10 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: young-frankenstein-thumb-fire.gif]

Right out of the oven

Exclusive clip of Fetterman on the job, I see.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Exclusive clip of Fetterman on the job, I see.

I feel like you alley-ooped that one my way.
Reply/Quote
New Hampshire senate hopeful, Don Bolduc, is down pretty bigly. I bet he's looking for the nearest litter box to crap in.
Reply/Quote
It looked like abortion would be illegal here in Kentucky but the wording on the ballot and on the election results webpages is confusing as hell:

Quote:This is how the question appears: "To protect human life, nothing in this Constitution shall be construed to secure or protect a right to abortion or require the funding of abortion?"

Reading it over and over, it becomes apparent that yes would make it illegal and not require the state to pay for it, but that's confusing language.

Earlier in the day, it looked like it would be illegal in a landslide but now it's 53.3% no and 46.7% yes, so it still might become illegal, but I'm wondering if the wording is misleading voters one way or the other.

Weird if abortion is kept legal because like 117 counties our of 120 went red.

There were predictions of a red wave but now it looks like it could go either way.
Reply/Quote