Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Election Results Thread
(11-12-2022, 11:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Woohoo.

Lindsay Graham, John Kennedy, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Ron Johnson and the rest of the trump b4country squad won't get to be major dbags and obstruct to the max any potential productivity from the senate for the next couple years.

So what's on the agenda? Weed, abortion, border, king crab season cancelled because of population collapse in 2021 and 22 snow crab season cancelled in 22?

There’s still that pesky other house they have to win though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There’s still that pesky  other house they have to win though.

Yeah, the GOP will get the majority there barring some fairly major shakeups, but still...another big flop by the GOP to gain so few seats relatively speaking.  If you would have offered a republican a slim house majority and not controlling the senate prior to the midterms, I doubt they'd have taken that deal.

The GOP has faced red flags and sobering truths in 2016 despite a win, 2018, 2020, and now 2022.  They've been unwilling to face facts and make the changes, rather they've allowed a narrative to be spun that despite a narrow win and 3 losses to their party they are in fact winning each time by a lot.  They've managed to convince a lot of voters that their current course of action is the most effective and safe one there is.
Reply/Quote
Republicans won the popular vote. That’s what should really matter as I’ve been told for 6 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:36 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Republicans won the popular vote. That’s what should really matter as I’ve been told for 6 years.

Already? With 20 House seats still to be decided?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:36 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Republicans won the popular vote. That’s what should really matter as I’ve been told for 6 years.

I realize you're being a bit snarky on this, but aren't senate and governor races based upon the popular vote?  Each county isn't even a value and given a winner-takes-all ruleset. 

You count up all the votes across all borders in a state and give them equal value and the candidate with the most votes wins, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, the GOP will get the majority there barring some fairly major shakeups, but still...another big flop by the GOP to gain so few seats relatively speaking.  If you would have offered a republican a slim house majority and not controlling the senate prior to the midterms, I doubt they'd have taken that deal.

The GOP has faced red flags and sobering truths in 2016 despite a win, 2018, 2020, and now 2022.  They've been unwilling to face facts and make the changes, rather they've allowed a narrative to be spun that despite a narrow win and 3 losses to their party they are in fact winning each time by a lot.  They've managed to convince a lot of voters that their current course of action is the most effective and safe one there is.

These days if neither party controls both houses and the presidency, controlling 2 of 3 is fairly meaningless.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: These days if neither party controls both houses and the presidency, controlling 2 of 3 is fairly meaningless.

Hell, the democrats controlled all 3 when the GOP managed to pull off the whole overturning of Roe v Wade thing that turned the political world on its arse, so who knows. 

If/when the GOP takes the house it'll be interesting if they attempt to reign in the MAGA folks who want to impeach Biden twice a day.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 06:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The people on here think everyone who doesn’t agree with a leftist agenda is a toothless MAGA FOX News inhaling MyPillow hick. It clouds their vision and judgement. Most of them aren’t really even worth the time but hey, I guess it’s good clean fun.

What makes a poster in this forum worth one's time,

if one is not on board with the "leftist" agenda?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:43 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize you're being a bit snarky on this, but aren't senate and governor races based upon the popular vote?  Each county isn't even a value and given a winner-takes-all ruleset. 

You count up all the votes across all borders in a state and give them equal value and the candidate with the most votes wins, right?

It was just a goof.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:48 AM)Dill Wrote: What makes a poster in this forum worth one's time,

if one is not on board with the "leftist" agenda?

That’s up to each individual.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 02:06 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It was just a goof.

I hear ya, but that would be not too hard to believe if when voting for gov/senate here in PA my vote would have gone up in value since I moved from Pittsburgh to a rural area and I moved from an apartment to a dirt road with acres of empty space behind my house.  The founding fathers wanted those trees behind my house to count, damn it!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 02:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but that would be not too hard to believe if when voting for gov/senate here in PA my vote would have gone up in value since I moved from Pittsburgh to a rural area and I moved from an apartment to a dirt road with acres of empty space behind my house.  The founding fathers wanted those trees behind my house to count, damn it!

Your neighbors hope you didn’t pack along your city slickin’ voting patterns along with ye out to such a great place.
Reply/Quote
I guess the Senate is going to be controlled by the Dems with 50 senators and the VP. The House is still slim. I would say the next 2 years are pretty much stalemate years. People must like inflation and higher taxes.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 02:52 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I guess the Senate is going to be controlled by the Dems with 50 senators and the VP. The House is still slim. I would say the next 2 years are pretty much stalemate years. People must like inflation and higher taxes.

I think people think inflation is more from the global situation. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: These days if neither party controls both houses and the presidency, controlling 2 of 3 is fairly meaningless.

Unless you are the party of no.

Controlling one of three may be enough to "stop Biden." 

Then run against his lack of accomplishment.
Reply/Quote
Their are only 8 true toss-up races left Republicans need 2 of those 8 to keep the house, They are currently projected for 3.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 11:00 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Their are only 8 true toss-up races left Republicans need 2 of those 8 to keep the house, They are currently projected for 3.

True, but a week ago they were projected to take the House by 20 plus seats.  I wouldn't feel safe until those 3 are locked up after that gap closed.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 02:09 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That’s up to each individual.

I'm asking an individual how he sorts it out.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 02:52 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I guess the Senate is going to be controlled by the Dems with 50 senators and the VP. The House is still slim. I would say the next 2 years are pretty much stalemate years. People must like inflation and higher taxes.

A lot of them like Democracy even more, and the right to choose.
Reply/Quote
The "Red Ripple" is forcing Christian Nationalists to rethink their strategy too.

The Mastriano loss was especially hard for them.

Nick Fuentes Says the Results of the 2022 Elections Prove ‘Why We Need a Dictatorship’
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/nick-fuentes-says-the-results-of-the-2022-elections-prove-why-we-need-a-dictatorship/

“We are in the minority,” he continued. “There are not as many of us as there are of them. If they all had to vote, if you forced every man and woman in America to vote, there would be more of them than us by a lot. That’s why they win the popular vote. That’s why they win the House. That’s why it is the way it is. And I hate to burst anybody’s bubble, but there is simply no evidence that there is a silent majority. There is no evidence of this. There are too many non-white people in the country, frankly, for that to be the case.”

“When you look at these things like abortion, it’s popular,” Fuentes added. “And you can thank the Jewish media for that. Abortion is popular, sodomy is popular, being gay is popular, being a feminist is popular, sex out of wedlock is popular, contraceptives—it’s all popular at all. That’s not to say it’s good. That’s not to say I like that. Popular means that people support it, which they do. It sucks, and it is what it is, but that’s why we need a dictatorship. That’s unironically why we need to get rid of all that. We need to take control of the media or take control of the government and force the people to believe what we believe or force them to play by our rules and reshape the society.”
Reply/Quote