Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022 NFL Triplets rankings:
(09-01-2022, 02:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton never had the offensive line and dominate running game that Baker has enjoyed his whole career. Browns team rushing...
2018: 14th ypg/11th ypc
2019: 12th ypg/5th ypc
2020: 3rd ypg/5th ypc
2021: 4th ypg/2nd ypc

(Bengals 2011-2014 were 19th/27th, 18th/20th, 18th/27th, and 6th/12th. Even the best YPC year was worse than the worst Browns YPC year.)

If I had to choose just 1 single reason of why Baker stinks? He just isn't accurate enough to be any good. Baker Comp%+ (100 is league average for that year, with each +/-1 being that % better/worse than league average)...
2018: 101
2019: 79
2020: 92
2018: 79
(Dalton was 95, 105, 101, 108)

Injured last year or not, you have an elite running game and a top-5 OL and yet you're 21% below average in half your years? That's brutally bad. Aside from the big question about accuracy (I would argue the most important quality for an NFL QB, sorry Josh Allen hype) the biggest difference between Dalton and Mayfield in my mind is that Dalton's lows were much higher than Mayfield. 

Dalton QB Rating+
2011: 94
2012: 103
2013: 103
2014: 93

Mayfield QB Rating+
2018: 105
2019: 82
2020: 106
2021: 88

The extra 2-3% on the up years doesn't offset the 5-11% loss on the down years. Dalton was the bare minimum of a good starting QB. If you give a guy a top-5 OL and a top-5 running game, and he's still worse than Dalton? He stinks. At least he stinks as far as starting QBs go. 

I would have him ~25th range among starters.

And then add in that he's an arrogant pompous ass and it's a recipe for any teams disaster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 08:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And then add in that he's an arrogant pompous ass and it's a recipe for any teams disaster.

I do hope he destroys the Browns week 1 though.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tampa would be close

Age is a factor with their 5. If Julio is apart of that. Gage was a number 1 with Falcons his play was because they had nobody besides him and Pitts
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I do hope he destroys the Browns week 1 though.

Me too.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I do hope he destroys the Browns week 1 though.

Oh me too
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 12:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe Josh Allen is overrated. I think the Raiders are overrated, I just don't have that much faith in Carr. I think the Chiefs are underrated, the Vikings over them ? really. And yes I get that it's a trio rating.

Dalvin Cook is arguably top 3 RB in the NFL, Jefferson is arguably top 1 WR in the NFL. Cousins is top 10 QB in the NFL.

Mahomes is top 5 QB in the NFL and that's it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalvin Cook is arguably top 3 RB in the NFL, Jefferson is arguably top 1 WR in the NFL. Cousins is top 10 QB in the NFL.

Mahomes is top 5 QB in the NFL and that's it.

I’d say they both have 2 top players at their positions in Mahomes/Kelce & Jefferson/Cook. Cousins is a lot better QB than CEH is a RB though.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say they both have 2 top players at their positions in Mahomes/Kelce & Jefferson/Cook. Cousins is a lot better QB than CEH is a RB though.

But is Kelce a top 2 receiver? 

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But is Kelce a top 2 receiver? 

He was as recently as 2020 (literally 2nd in receiving yards that year), but guys like Kupp, Jefferson, Chase, etc have probably moved ahead of him at this point.

He’s still a top weapon in the league though. I think saying Mahomes is all the Chiefs have is inaccurate.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 12:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was as recently as 2020 (literally 2nd in receiving yards that year), but guys like Kupp, Jefferson, Chase, etc have probably moved ahead of him at this point.

He’s still a top weapon in the league though. I think saying Mahomes is all the Chiefs have is inaccurate.

Fair enough, even though he wasn't top 10 this past year; but I still have Minny ahead of them. 

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 12:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was as recently as 2020 (literally 2nd in receiving yards that year), but guys like Kupp, Jefferson, Chase, etc have probably moved ahead of him at this point.

True, but they sure won't be like they were last season and in the Playoffs when we played them for awhile if ever.

Losing Tyreek is just the start, very special player that will be nearly impossible to replace and Kelce won't last forever.

The Chiefs will have to draft fantastic in order to stay tops in their Division and I find it highly unlikely. I think the 
Chargers and Raiders are the teams to beat in that Division now and with Russell now in Denver and that Defense 
they aren't pushovers either no more for KC.

(09-02-2022, 12:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair enough, even though he wasn't top 10 this past year; but I still have Minny ahead of them. 

I do too. Vikes are pretty stacked on Offense and I like Cousins better than a lot of people do.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but they sure won't be like they were last season and in the Playoffs when we played them for awhile if ever.

Losing Tyreek is just the start, very special player that will be nearly impossible to replace and Kelce won't last forever.

The Chiefs will have to draft fantastic in order to stay tops in their Division and I find it highly unlikely. I think the 
Chargers and Raiders are the teams to beat in that Division now and with Russell now in Denver and that Defense 
they aren't pushovers either no more for KC.

I do too. Vikes are pretty stacked on Offense and I like Cousins better than a lot of people do.

The AFC West is so stacked it’s crazy. Hopefully they’ll just all beat up on each other like the AFC North did for so many years.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2022, 11:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The AFC West is so stacked it’s crazy. Hopefully they’ll just all beat up on each other like the AFC North did for so many years.

Yes sir, that is my hope. Haven't seen a Division that stacked ever on paper.

Injuries might change this, but damn, any one of those teams could win it all.

Actually the one team in that Division I find to be the most unlikely to win it all is KC and they still have Mahomes so 
they could win it all just cause of this fact. Maybe he will figure out how to beat our Defense when it matters.
Reply/Quote
Raiders at #4 seem like quite a stretch. I'm not a Carr hater but what has he proved? Adams is a significant upgrade but Jacobs still has tons of questions marks. Heck there's been a ton of reports this offseason that Jacobs might not even be the starter under McDaniels.

I take the Chargers trio all day over the Raiders.

I even take Minnesota over Raiders just because Jefferson is elite and Dalvin Cook is no joke.
Reply/Quote