Devonte Wyatt, DT, GA

George Pickens, WR, GA

Jeremy Ruckert, TE, OSU

Nick Cross, S, MD

Chasen Hines, G, LSU

Josh Jobe, CB, BAMA

Jean Delance, OT, FLA

Tyler Anderson, S, Toledo

Since the team went heavy on OL in free agency, I chose to select the best players that fit what I saw as a need, or an upcoming need in the top 3 rounds. I really feel like I got tremendous value in rounds 4-7, by grabbing up players with unusually high RAS for being around that late in the draft, as well as new competition for depth at OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I really like this Sunset! This Wyatt kid is growing on me!! Like the Ruckert and Cross picks also!!
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 11:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I really like this Sunset! This Wyatt kid is growing on me!! Like the Ruckert and Cross picks also!!

Typically I like to go OL heavy in my mocks, but with what the team did in free agency this year, the board just looked good to take what was there.  Getting Pickens and Cross will have the Bengals prepared for the eventual departure of one of the WRs and Safeties, as everyone knows a team can't afford to have top contracts at every position.

Ruckert and Jobe look to me to be long term NFL players.  A little undertargeted at OSU, Ruckert has great hands, decent athleticism, can hold the ball when taking a hard shot, and loves to block.  Jobe is the lesser known CB from Bama, his RAS and football IQ are a great pairing for a developing boundary corner with his speed and length.

Hines is a big, tough, gritty Guard who's been battle tested in the SEC and was on a National Championship team.  I'll be honest, I really don't know much about Delance and Anderson, they were just at the top of the board when their picks came up and provide competitive depth at positions of high importance on this team.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 05:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: PFF simulator, accepted no trades.

Devonte Wyatt,  DT, GA

George Pickens, WR, GA

Jeremy Ruckert, TE, OSU

Nick Cross, S, MD

Chasen Hines, G, LSU

Josh Jobe, CB, BAMA

Jean Delance, OT, FLA

Since the team went heavy on OL in free agency, I chose to select the best players that fit what I saw as a need, or an upcoming need in the top 3 rounds.  I really feel like I got tremendous value in rounds 4-7, by grabbing up players with unusually high RAS for being around that late in the draft, as well as new competition for depth at OL.

Love the mock but I just can't see Cross falling that far. I still don't see him even making it to 63
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 09:06 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Love the mock but I just can't see Cross falling that far. I still don't see him even making it to 63

I thought it odd, myself.  I ran it 3 times, and he was there in the 4th every time.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That would be a good draft. I’d love to see Wyatt collapsing the pocket up the middle on 3rd downs. Hill gets to play to his strength stopping the run, although no slouch at rusher the passer himself.

I think I value WR more than others with this offense, but a 2nd would probably be higher than I would want to draft one this year. Although Pickens is good. Maybe too good to pass up depending on who is left.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That would be a good draft. I’d love to see Wyatt collapsing the pocket up the middle on 3rd downs. Hill gets to play to his strength stopping the run, although no slouch at rusher the passer himself.

I think I value WR more than others with this offense, but a 2nd would probably be higher than I would want to draft one this year. Although Pickens is good. Maybe too good to pass up depending on who is left.

The way I see things, with Burrow and his upcoming monster extension that is no doubt already in the back of the Front Office's minds, and the fact that you have 3 WRs each with star power, two of them are likely to be gone in the next couple of years.  Might as well start drafting to reload now, versus having to scramble later.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That would be an awesome draft! Bonus points to you for not accepting ant trades. I often go in planning not to do trades because it’s usually so unrealistic, but it’s so hard to resist stockpiling 6+ picks in the top 100 lol
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The way I see things, with Burrow and his upcoming monster extension that is no doubt already in the back of the Front Office's minds, and the fact that you have 3 WRs each with star power, two of them are likely to be gone in the next couple of years.  Might as well start drafting to reload now, versus having to scramble later.

That’s true. I’ve been thinking some combination of 3T, CB, or S in the first two rounds and hoping to get a mid to late round developmental WR. But, Pickens could be best available. Unless QB is best available in the 2nd, can’t go wrong with best available.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 05:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: PFF simulator, accepted no trades.

Devonte Wyatt,  DT, GA

George Pickens, WR, GA

Jeremy Ruckert, TE, OSU

Nick Cross, S, MD

Chasen Hines, G, LSU

Josh Jobe, CB, BAMA

Jean Delance, OT, FLA

Since the team went heavy on OL in free agency, I chose to select the best players that fit what I saw as a need, or an upcoming need in the top 3 rounds.  I really feel like I got tremendous value in rounds 4-7, by grabbing up players with unusually high RAS for being around that late in the draft, as well as new competition for depth at OL.

I really like Wyatt and have no problem with the Bengals taking him in the first. I think he is only going to continue to develop and will be a future star. Another option I could see is if the kid from Houston, Hall, drops to them in the second. I have been watching some tape on him and he is so versatile. Played mostly DT at Houston but they did move him around on the line as well. The UC game is a good tape to watch of him.

I don't care for Pickens and if they went WR that high in the draft I would hope it would be a much more dynamic guy.

I think the jury is still out on Ruckert. There have been flashes but just not on a consistent basis.

Outside of Wyatt my favorite selection is Cross. I think he has a bright future in the NFL and I feel like he could have a long and productive career.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 10:26 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I really like Wyatt and have no problem with the Bengals taking him in the first. I think he is only going to continue to develop and will be a future star. Another option I could see is if the kid from Houston, Hall, drops to them in the second. I have been watching some tape on him and he is so versatile. Played mostly DT at Houston but they did move him around on the line as well. The UC game is a good tape to watch of him.

I don't care for Pickens and if they went WR that high in the draft I would hope it would be a much more dynamic guy.

I think the jury is still out on Ruckert. There have been flashes but just not on a consistent basis.

Outside of Wyatt my favorite selection is Cross. I think he has a bright future in the NFL and I feel like he could have a long and productive career.

Thanks for the critique.  Interesting take you have on Pickens and Ruckert.  I feel like Pickens is a steal with a very high ceiling, especially given that he has time to develop his way into being a starter.  On Ruckert, I feel like he fits exactly what the Bengals will be looking for in a TE.  He's got good hands, an ounce of athleticism, and takes his blocking seriously.  You say he "flashed" at OSU, but the reality is that most of the time they had big play WRs open for the splash plays, he was not utilized to his potential as much as say the guy from Iowa St.  Don't discount the value of Hines and Jobe.  They are definitely NFL material, and taking those guys in the mid rounds allows them to develop, rather than be thrown straight into starting roles.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The way I see things, with Burrow and his upcoming monster extension that is no doubt already in the back of the Front Office's minds, and the fact that you have 3 WRs each with star power, two of them are likely to be gone in the next couple of years.  Might as well start drafting to reload now, versus having to scramble later.

Agree on the WR position. Not only what is coming down the road but moreover I'm not real crazy about our depth now. After the big 3 we hit a wall and if the injury bug pops up...........

I like Ruckert, he's just got that tough guy football mentality. 

Looks good
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That would be a good draft. I’d love to see Wyatt collapsing the pocket up the middle on 3rd downs. Hill gets to play to his strength stopping the run, although no slouch at rusher the passer himself.

A kid that could be a steal at WR in the bottom of the mid rounds is Kevin Austin Jr. from Notre Dame.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 07:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: A kid that could be a steal at WR in the bottom of the mid rounds is Kevin Austin Jr. from Notre Dame.

Possibly. Seems like his production didn’t match his talent due to injury and suspension. Which makes me wonder why he was suspended.
Reply/Quote