Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Off To A GREAT Start
(01-28-2022, 02:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Could have been. There could have been several incidents behind the scenes that fans never saw but were apparent/strange to those on the inside. 

I wasn't really focusing on that. The bigger part of my point is what was said about Henry. He died and was diagnosed at 26yrs old, so the beginnings of his problems were much earlier. Dismissing that and saying it was because he was a "drunk idiot" is immature and unnecessary. 

Henry being diagnosed at 26 had to do with the fact players can only be diagnosed with an autopsy. I don't think any 26 year old NFL player who started playing as a kid is CTE-free, just undiagnosed. For most, it becomes evident long after the spotlight. That's why Brown mentally detoriating in his physocal prime has been such on overwhelming change.

Henry didn't have manic outbursts. He was drunk and high and got arrested for packing an unregistered gun. That's not a mental episode, bur a conscious decision buy alohol, weed and illegal weapons.

Henry made the conscious decision to get drunk with teen girls at a hotel.

He beat a stranger because he mis-identified a guy who owed him money. He made the conscious decision to go for revenge.

Brown's outbursts aren't some sneaky attempts to get away with something. He literally just meltdowns.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:27 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You are largely correct. Burfict hit him in early 2016. The water cooler was Sept 2017, two seasons later. Then summer 2018 he was throwing furniture off of a balcony in Miami. 

The season after Burfict, 2016 is when he was Facebook Live'ing everything in the locker room. It was also early in 2018 when he lost his shit of Twitter in response to an ex employee's tweet and said "Trade me and find out."

There was always something going on with him, but the Steelers kept it in house. Ryan Clark tells a story as far back as 2013ish when they let Mike Wallace go and gave Brown his money.  But it was around 2017 when keeping it in house and quiet became increasingly difficult and we started to publicly see what we are seeing now. 

Brown has always had issues, going back to high school. He had so many personal and academic issues that Florida State passed on him. Most people don't know that the only reason he wound up at Central Michigan was he got kicked out of FIU for getting in a fistfight with a security guard.  Folks also dismissed him jump kicking the Browns' punter in the face in '14.  There are stories out there of missed meetings and practices long predating the Burfict hit.

Brown is a head case, but is he really that much worse than other Steeler WR's like Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, JuJu, and Claypool?  Let's be real, the Steelers aren't exactly drafting the best and brightest minds to play WR.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:09 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No way the Ravens brass is stupid enough to do it. They're smarter than that. 

Almost ...

[Image: KaepernickInsta-300x300.png]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqFfs1Nk5V5SqtXI9mdM2...A&usqp=CAU]

Rolleyes
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 08:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Brown is a head case, but is he really that much worse than other Steeler WR's like Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, JuJu, and Claypool?  Let's be real, the Steelers aren't exactly drafting the best and brightest minds to play WR.  

Ah, yes.
Being a knucklehead and disrupting and quitting on an organization are two entirely different things. 

As far as drafting the brightest and best, that's an NFL thing. The brightest and best minds usually don't end up playing professional football. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 06:10 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The brightest and best minds usually don't end up playing professional football. 

And when they do, they are generally OL.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and John Urschel come to mind.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 06:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And when they do, they are generally OL.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and John Urschel come to mind.

I've heard it said before that the closer you are to the football at the LOS, the smarter you are. Thinking about it, I believe it. 
Reply/Quote