Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Senior Bowl
This is a sweet site: https://www.seniorbowl.com/the-game/accepted-invites/

I'm only speculating and spit-balling ideas, but it's been covered that Duke and Zac are drafting college players who have played in the big games and who are college winners: Burrow, Tee, Chase, and Carman are examples. Duke and Zac like captains as evident by some of our recent LB picks.

So, do we see any players on this list that might be drafted by the Bengals? I guess the Bengals coaching staff won't be running the Senior Bowl this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is a sweet site: https://www.seniorbowl.com/the-game/accepted-invites/

I'm only speculating and spit-balling ideas, but it's been covered that Duke and Zac are drafting college players who have played in the big games and who are college winners: Burrow, Tee, Chase, and Carman are examples. Duke and Zac like captains as evident by some of our recent LB picks.

So, do we seen any players on this list that might be drafted by the Bengals? I guess the Bengals coaching staff won't be running the Senior Bowl this year.

I could see Bengals go after Coby Bryant if they either A) choose to wait until Day 2 for a CB, or B) Think he's good enough for a Rd 1 selection.

While not on one of the big-game or winner teams, I see that Chad Muma (LB Wyoming) is going to Senior Bowl. I like him as a Rd 3 prospect. Played with Logan Wilson and considered to be possibly even better than Logan. Could be good to have that chemistry already with the LBs.

Also looks like Jake Ferguson (TE Wisconsin) will be there too. I like him on Day 3.

Some people like Darian Kinnard (OL UK), who will also be there. I'm lukewarm on him though given there are concerns over his ability to stick at OT for the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I expect Velus Jones WR to be a returner in this one.

His stats are..
receiving...62/807
kick returns...23/608
punt returns...18/272
Reply/Quote
I mentioned in another thread that the East West Bowl game and the Senior Bowl game are going to the same week. They will be competing for Draft Prospects, NFL Scouts, and TV Coverage.

Most will say the Senior Bowl will win that fight but if the East West Shrine continues to do it in places like Las Vegas it could get ugly. I hope they fix that scheduling next year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I expect Velus Jones WR to be a returner in this one.  

His stats are..
receiving...62/807
kick returns...23/608
punt returns...18/272

Thanks for bringing this up, I was starting to scour and see who could be a KR or PR. The Bengals, I'd think, might look to upgrade the special teams with emphasis on PR.
Reply/Quote
We love Trey's and we love team captains. The TE from CSU checks both of those blocks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ineresting names there. Some may be long gone when we pick.

Rd 1 types:
Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
Roger McCreary, CB Auburn
Trevor Penning, OL, Northern Iowa
Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State

2nd:
Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State
Arnold Ebiketie, DL, Penn State
Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State
Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State

Mid Rounders:
Tariq Castro- Fields, DB, Penn State
Marcus Jones, CB/KR, Houston
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 03:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I could see Bengals go after Coby Bryant if they either A) choose to wait until Day 2 for a CB, or B) Think he's good enough for a Rd 1 selection.

While not on one of the big-game or winner teams, I see that Chad Muma (LB Wyoming) is going to Senior Bowl. I like him as a Rd 3 prospect. Played with Logan Wilson and considered to be possibly even better than Logan. Could be good to have that chemistry already with the LBs.

Also looks like Jake Ferguson (TE Wisconsin) will be there too. I like him on Day 3.

Some people like Darian Kinnard (OL UK), who will also be there. I'm lukewarm on him though given there are concerns over his ability to stick at OT for the NFL.

I actually was thinking Bryant for round 3/4 and Muma for round 2/3, but if I were doing a mock, I would absolutely have both in it lol.

Both are great contributors, team leaders (Muma moreso) and Muma is like a Logan clone:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/chad-muma-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/logan-wilson-1.html

Logan: 6'2+, 241
Muma: 6'3, 242

Both played until seniors; Logan redishirted his freshman year, but Muma played 2 games, plus had a COVID year, so he played 17 less games than Logan did, thus will do a per game breakdown.

Logan: 8.1 tackles (4.98 solo), 0.2 INT, 0.69 TFL, 0.14 sacks, 0.28 Passes Defensed, 0.1 fumbles forced.
Muma: 8.06 tackles (4.39 solo), 0.09 INT, 0.57 TFL, 0.16 sacks, 0.06 Passes Defensed, 0.03 fumbles forced.

Logan played on better teams, but was clearly the better player. The reason why Muma will be coveted though, IMO, is that his senior season was slightly-better than Logan's.

Still, would love to have him on the team, also a team captain.

Here's a TDN breakdown: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/chad-muma-2022-nfl-draft-stock-wyoming-cowboys

A few things I find inaccurate in that article:

1. He is NOT more well-rounded than Logan lol, especially now seeing him for 2 years in the pros, coverage numbers alone show that Logan is better than Muma in coverage by a mile.
2. They say he played all games as a freshman, but as per SR, ESPN, official site, etc., it doesn't say that he played at all, outside of the games he accrued stats.

Him, Pratt and Logan are your starters, with Muma and Pratt coming off on passing downs and ADG going in, with Bailey continuing to be the 4th/5th LB.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I actually was thinking Bryant for round 3/4 and Muma for round 2/3, but if I were doing a mock, I would absolutely have both in it lol.

Both are great contributors, team leaders (Muma moreso) and Muma is like a Logan clone:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/chad-muma-1.html
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/logan-wilson-1.html

Logan: 6'2+, 241
Muma: 6'3, 242

Both played until seniors; Logan redishirted his freshman year, but Muma played 2 games, plus had a COVID year, so he played 17 less games than Logan did, thus will do a per game breakdown.

Logan: 8.1 tackles (4.98 solo), 0.2 INT, 0.69 TFL, 0.14 sacks, 0.28 Passes Defensed, 0.1 fumbles forced.
Muma: 8.06 tackles (4.39 solo), 0.09 INT, 0.57 TFL, 0.16 sacks, 0.06 Passes Defensed, 0.03 fumbles forced.

Logan played on better teams, but was clearly the better player. The reason why Muma will be coveted though, IMO, is that his senior season was slightly-better than Logan's.

Still, would love to have him on the team, also a team captain.

Here's a TDN breakdown: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/chad-muma-2022-nfl-draft-stock-wyoming-cowboys

A few things I find inaccurate in that article:

1. He is NOT more well-rounded than Logan lol, especially now seeing him for 2 years in the pros, coverage numbers alone show that Logan is better than Muma in coverage by a mile.
2. They say he played all games as a freshman, but as per SR, ESPN, official site, etc., it doesn't say that he played at all, outside of the games he accrued stats.

Him, Pratt and Logan are your starters, with Muma and Pratt coming off on passing downs and ADG going in, with Bailey continuing to be the 4th/5th LB.

I do wonder if it'd be worth potentially taking Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd if either fell to the Bengals in Rd 1, then take Bryant maybe in Rd 3.
I honestly haven't been looking at LBs that much, but if Dean or Lloyd could provide more value than a 1st round CB or OL, I could be down for that.

Possibly something like:
1) Dean/Lloyd
2) OL
3) Bryant
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wanna see Memphis guard Dylan Parham get some reps at center.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I actually was thinking Bryant for round 3/4 and Muma for round 2/3, but if I were doing a mock, I would absolutely have both in it lol.

Forgot to mention this in my other post, but I personally don't think that highly of ADG.
He's a backup LB in my book.
Nothing special.
I'd look for someone better to play LB on passing downs.
And I don't think he could handle a bigger role on the defense.

There are a few prospects in the upcoming draft projected in rds 2-4 that I'd consider taking to replace him with:
Brandon Smith from Penn St (6'3", 241 lb)
JoJo Domann from Nebraska (6'1', 230 lb)

I especially like Domann if looking just for a role player. Dude converted from DB to LB and has been really good since converting.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just noticed Max Mitchell from Louisiana is also planning to attend.
He could make himself some money by the time the Senior Bowl is done.
He was PFF's highest-rated OT in college this year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Someone scheduled to participate that is quickly becoming a bfine fav is Demone Clark. His draft stock is everywhere. I've seen him listed anywhere from best LB in the draft to mid 3rd round or later.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Someone scheduled to participate that is quickly becoming a bfine fav is Demone Clark. His draft stock is everywhere. I've seen him listed anywhere from best LB in the draft to mid 3rd round or later.

I hadn't really seen his name mentioned anywhere other than WalterFootball.
He's WF's #1 ILB in the draft class.
On PFF, CBS, and SportingNews Top 100 prospects, Clark isn't even on there.
On ProFootballNetwork's Top 50 prospects, he isn't on there either.

But from looking him up now that you mentioned him, he sounds pretty good and played with Burrow and Chase in 2019, so he could be a logical option to add to a defense that could probably use an upgrade in the second level. Not that I don't think both Wilson and Pratt are solid, but I think there's room for improvement.

EDIT - I do see some sites mentioning they think he's a Day 3 pick because of a lack of elite athleticism, coverage ability, and consistent tackling. I'll need to watch some games with him to form my own opinion.
EDIT2 - TDN just updated their Top 100 less than a week ago and Clark is 74th ranked prospect. Middle Rd 3. From what I just watched, I think he's better against the run and chasing down defenders than he is in coverage.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 11:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I hadn't really seen his name mentioned anywhere other than WalterFootball.
He's WF's #1 ILB in the draft class.
On PFF, CBS, and SportingNews Top 100 prospects, Clark isn't even on there.
On ProFootballNetwork's Top 50 prospects, he isn't on there either.

But from looking him up now that you mentioned him, he sounds pretty good and played with Burrow and Chase in 2019, so he could be a logical option to add to a defense that could probably use an upgrade in the second level. Not that I don't think both Wilson and Pratt are solid, but I think there's room for improvement.

EDIT - I do see some sites mentioning they think he's a Day 3 pick because of a lack of elite athleticism, coverage ability, and consistent tackling. I'll need to watch some games with him to form my own opinion.
EDIT2 - TDN just updated their Top 100 less than a week ago and Clark is 74th ranked prospect. Middle Rd 3. From what I just watched, I think he's better against the run and chasing down defenders than he is in coverage.

He'll climb in the pre-draft process. Dude is the mirror image of Micah Parsons. Not suggesting he'll be anything close to Micah, just physical similarities.

Reply/Quote