Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Team Captains
As voted on by their teammates

We have Burrow, Mixon, Hubbard, and Bell returning from last season

with S Mike Thomas, DJ Reader, and Ted Karras joining them. Quite a sign of respect for newbie Karas. These guys replace Kevin Huber, Tyler Boyd, and Jessie Bates

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Lots of fans only judge leadership by screaming in game days. But team captains earn their roles on the practice field, in meetings, and in the locker room.

Rey Lewis' gameday persona was impressive, but if he had not earned the respect of his teammates the other 6 days of the week it would have just been a meaningless show.

It is hard for fans to judge the best leaders. QBs are obvious because they run the whole show, but beyond that it is difficult. I am pretty sure Mike Thomas would not have gotten a lot of votes for captain from this message board.
Reply/Quote
Love seeing Reader and Karras named captains. Reader is arguably the leader of the entire defense, and I heard nothing but praise for Karras coming out of camp.

Thomas representing ST’s is a bit of a surprise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of fans only judge leadership by screaming in game days. But team captains earn their roles on the practice field, in meetings, and in the locker room.

Rey Lewis' gameday persona was impressive, but if he had not earned the respect of his teammates the other 6 days of the week it would have just been a meaningless show.

It is hard for fans to judge the best leaders. QBs are obvious because they run the whole show, but beyond that it is difficult. I am pretty sure Mike Thomas would not have gotten a lot of votes for captain from this message board.

Good post
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If I was WR Mike Thomas I would try to walk to midfield for the coin flip. Just to see if anyone would say anything.
Reply/Quote
Awesome seeing Ted and DJ as Captains. Shows you how much our guy's respect the ST's play of Thomas as well.
Reply/Quote
Did not realize how big of a head Mike Thomas has, looks more like a LBer in this pic than a WR.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 06:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Did not realize how big of a head Mike Thomas has, looks more like a LBer in this pic than a WR.

It’s the Safety - Thomas.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 07:23 PM)pally Wrote:

Rock on Mixon, may we ride your coattails right to that Lombardi brother!

This will be the best OL you have had in front of you if they stay healthy. Great run blockers.
Reply/Quote
Karras as a captain is awesome. I hope this guy provides leadership for the OL when things get tough in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s the Safety - Thomas.

That makes way more sense 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Last time we had a team captain that was an OL it was Whit in 2016.
Reply/Quote