Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 season-NFL helmet rules
Starting in 2022, teams will be allowed to use alternate helmets.

Bring on the white tiger

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/24/nfl-will-allow-teams-to-use-alternate-color-helmets-again-starting-in-2022/

The NFL will bring back alternate-color helmets next year.

In a memo sent to teams this afternoon, the league announced a new policy that will give teams the opportunity to use two different helmets starting in the 2022 season, a popular move with fans who like alternate and throwback uniforms.

Teams can pair the second helmet with alternate, throwback or Color Rush uniforms, so long as they follow all league policies on ensuring that all alternate helmets are properly fitted, and that all players are provided with sufficient opportunity to wear the alternate helmets in practice prior to wearing them in a game.

Player safety was the primary reason the NFL previously told teams to stop using alternate helmets: Teams wanted every player to have one helmet that fit him properly, and not to alter it during the season. But the new policy addresses those concerns by requiring teams to have a new set of alternate helmets for every player on the roster, to ensure that all alternate helmets are the same make, model and size as the player’s primary helmet, and by requiring players to get fitted for both their primary and alternate helmets at the same time in training camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 03:52 PM)pally Wrote: Starting in 2022, teams will be allowed to use alternate helmets.  

Bring on the white tiger

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/24/nfl-will-allow-teams-to-use-alternate-color-helmets-again-starting-in-2022/

The NFL will bring back alternate-color helmets next year.

In a memo sent to teams this afternoon, the league announced a new policy that will give teams the opportunity to use two different helmets starting in the 2022 season, a popular move with fans who like alternate and throwback uniforms.

Teams can pair the second helmet with alternate, throwback or Color Rush uniforms, so long as they follow all league policies on ensuring that all alternate helmets are properly fitted, and that all players are provided with sufficient opportunity to wear the alternate helmets in practice prior to wearing them in a game.

Player safety was the primary reason the NFL previously told teams to stop using alternate helmets: Teams wanted every player to have one helmet that fit him properly, and not to alter it during the season. But the new policy addresses those concerns by requiring teams to have a new set of alternate helmets for every player on the roster, to ensure that all alternate helmets are the same make, model and size as the player’s primary helmet, and by requiring players to get fitted for both their primary and alternate helmets at the same time in training camp

Wasn't all that hard, now was it? I don't know why the league made such a big deal out of it. They could have 20 helmets if they wanted and it wouldn't be an issue, as long as it is the same make, model and fitted. They made a big deal out of nothing. That said, I would love to see the color rush white helmet with black stripes.
Reply/Quote
I would love the white/black stripe helmets, but a little bit of me would like to see the throwback plain BENGALS helmet too!!
Reply/Quote
Finally, 12 years later, the NFL (partially) pulls its head out of its @$$ Cool
Reply/Quote
meh. Don't care either way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ve yet to see a single mock-up for a white and black Bengals helmet that actually looks good with our uniforms (particularly the color rush), but I guess it’s cool that we have the option now at least.

Please no on the throwbacks with just “Bengals” on them. They’re boring AF, and look too much like the Browns. Our helmets should always have stripes. Now and forever.

Reply/Quote
[Image: E4rfYfQWEAw8WDz?format=jpg&name=medium]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
[Image: uw30080-w-1.jpg]
Logan Wilson was the first to get fitted
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 08:10 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: ...

Uh… no?

This is more ideal Cool

[Image: th?id=OIP._u1f5sUfOZ-bQjZe-V-P7QAAAA&pid...=400&h=589]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 05:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve yet to see a single mock-up for a white and black Bengals helmet that actually looks good with our uniforms (particularly the color rush), but I guess it’s cool that we have the option now at least.

Please no on the throwbacks with just “Bengals” on them. They’re boring AF, and look too much like the Browns. Our helmets should always have stripes. Now and forever.

you know that was the goal back then
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 12:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you know that was the goal back then

That doesn’t make me want to see it in 2021.

Reply/Quote
Really love the old school helmets on it there.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote