Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2023 #1 Seed
(03-16-2023, 05:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Are you even a bengals fan?  Or just a pessimist in every aspect of life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Historically, you'd say you can't be one without the other!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:12 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely he does. Huge move by the FO and we couldn't have asked them to do more on that position. Enormous liability 2 years ago and the FO have done everything to try and fix that. Deserve a ton of credit for it.

For sure, blew my mind when I saw it last night. I don't think even the most hopeful Bengal fan would of ever predicted that 
signing and giving Orlando the biggest signing bonus ever on top of it? Just crazy, different Deys around here.

Cool

(03-16-2023, 05:12 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Everyone should put him on ignore...he offers nothing but troll posts

Never put anyone on ignore, but he be pushin'... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:14 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Historically, you'd say you can't be one without the other!

Yes you can, I've been a Bengals fan since 1968 and I am fully optimistic. This is the very best time to be a Bengals fan ever, and damned if some aren't going to miss it by sticking with the woe is me attitude.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:14 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Historically, you'd say you can't be one without the other!

Thanks, now I’ve got the theme to married with children stuck in my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are and and will be in the conversation to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Of course it really is meaningless if the team fails to win a lot of games.

I am an optimist and recall listening to NFL radio last year. A KC fan called in prior to the start our Bills playoff game.
He was direct, said only 1 team scared him home or away, that was the Bengals.

Fun times to be a Bengals fan.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes you can, I've been a Bengals fan since 1968 and I am fully optimistic. This is the very best time to be a Bengals fan ever, and damned if some aren't going to miss it by sticking with the woe is me attitude.

It was just a joke mate, but good on you if you were optimistic during the 90s! 

I'm fortunate enough to be an early 2000s joiner (I'm a Brit and didn't get into the NFL until my late teens), so comparative to a lot of you, I've generally only known 'better' Bengals times. But certainly isn't lost on me how miserable the Franchise's history has generally been. This is easily the best time to have ever been a Bengals fan, and here's hoping we can shout about it some more in a year's time with a Lombardi in our back pocket.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals fan in me wants to say Burrow with a pro bowl LT and his other guys coming back will land us the 1 seed but I’m not gonna disrespect Mahommes and Allen like that.

Next year will be a slug fest and the 1 seed may be up for grabs all the way until week 18.

It’s gonna be FUN.

Burrow can definitely be a 50 TD guy with protection.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
You guys better hope this new look O line is enough for the offense to clap back when these safeties get turned into burnt toast.

Brown's signing puts my projection up to a 3 seed. I think the defense bleeds a bit more now.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:07 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: You guys better hope this new look O line is enough for the offense to clap back when these safeties get turned into burnt toast.

Brown's signing puts my projection up to a 3 seed.  I think the defense bleeds a bit more now.

[Image: xt71e.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:07 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: You guys better hope this new look O line is enough for the offense to clap back when these safeties get turned into burnt toast.

Brown's signing puts my projection up to a 3 seed.  I think the defense bleeds a bit more now.

I did not realize FA closed for 2023 and we lost 7 draft picks.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Long way to go but I love love love where we are. We had a chance at the 1 (albeit somewhat remote chance at the 1) all the way into January. Presumably there was a hangover/sophomore slump anxiety/yadda yadda, that anchored us for a while. Now we're in a much better place as a truly established contender and all bets are off.

Still have some holes to fill but provided we stay healthy, we're primed for an outstanding season with few (none?) of the factors that held us back last year.
Reply/Quote
To be fair we're all gonna die so there's that.. The good news is it's not happening right now unless that big fiery thing in the sky on bright sunny days is aimed directly at us.. OMG! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!  Just remember that at your funeral nobody will get up and rant on and on about how negative (or positive) you were in 2023 about the Bengals and free agency unless you die today and we're all invited.. Then you're screwed.. 
By the way, if you want to come to my funeral go enlist in the navy and hope you get assigned to the same ship that kicks my old ass overboard when I'm buried at sea.. Just let the Secretary of the Navy know you're invited.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:26 AM)tms Wrote: Long way to go but I love love love where we are. We had a chance at the 1 (albeit somewhat remote chance at the 1) all the way into January. Presumably there was a hangover/sophomore slump anxiety/yadda yadda, that anchored us for a while. Now we're in a much better place as a truly established contender and all bets are off.

Still have some holes to fill but provided we stay healthy, we're primed for an outstanding season with few (none?) of the factors that held us back last year.

Here before pundits start talking about an inevitable 3rd-year slip.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:58 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: 5 seed at best.

Shush.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:06 PM)Housh Wrote: The Bengals fan in me wants to say Burrow with a pro bowl LT and his other guys coming back will land us the 1 seed but I’m not gonna disrespect Mahommes and Allen like that.

Next year will be a slug fest and the 1 seed may be up for grabs all the way until week 18.

It’s gonna be FUN.

Burrow can definitely be a 50 TD guy with protection.

It's fair to say the Bengals will be in the hunt.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 11:26 AM)tms Wrote: Long way to go but I love love love where we are. We had a chance at the 1 (albeit somewhat remote chance at the 1) all the way into January. Presumably there was a hangover/sophomore slump anxiety/yadda yadda, that anchored us for a while. Now we're in a much better place as a truly established contender and all bets are off.

The hangover was the first 2 games of last season, time to roll

(03-17-2023, 11:28 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Here before pundits start talking about an inevitable 3rd-year slip.

We will just call you the pundit man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I think the outside world views us differently than 2021. Making it to the AFC Championship and winning 10 straight has now put us in the elite 3. We are 4-1 vs Buffalo & KC the last 2 years. But perceptions of losing both starting safeties ( considered the best tandem in the league) is inhibiting us. OBJr isn’t making up for it. We’ll see. We need a TE. Don’t know if the LAR safety moves the needle. But KC isn’t perfect either w/o a RT and not a guarantee Jewan Taylor is better than OBJr by any means.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:56 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the outside world views us differently than 2021. Making it to the AFC Championship and winning 10 straight has now put us in the elite 3. We are 4-1 vs Buffalo & KC the last 2 years. But perceptions of losing both starting safeties ( considered the best tandem in the league) is inhibiting us. OBJr isn’t making up for it. We’ll see. We need a TE. Don’t know if the LAR safety moves the needle. But KC isn’t perfect either w/o a RT and not a guarantee Jewan Taylor is better than OBJr by any means.

I really like Moreau and this TE class. Scott is the Safety Lou wanted and I trust in that.

I think we will smoke the Bills if these teams keep on matching up like what we saw, damn, looks like a mismatch for those Bills.

Jawaan Taylor has a lot of upside...

as a RT...
Reply/Quote
Right now our defense is not as good as it was last year. Hard for me to say we're going to be a better team than last year at this very moment. I also concede that the roster isn't finalized yet.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I saw online where the Browns were missing one of their worst fans.....that you?

Seriously, you look stupid with this nonsense this early.  Seeing your previous posts, I know you dont care, but geez.

Reply/Quote