Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Draft
Now that the All-Star games are over, and Pff.com has completed their grading who do you like and why?
What needs do you think are a priority?

Personally, I like Cody Mauch out of NDSU. In the Reeses Senior Bowl, he played Center in the first half and Right OT in the second half and was an animal at both positions. He could start ROT and back up Ted at Center if needed. Also, he's Volson's old teammate so there would be some team chemistry built in. He's also a national champion and a pure glass eater.

We will need to wait until the combine to really start drilling down into these guys, but now the time to assess who and what positions are needed the most. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 09:35 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Now that the All-Star games are over, and Pff.com has completed their grading who do you like and why?

Personally, I like Cody Mauch out of NDSU.  In the Reeses Senior Bowl, he played Center in the first half and Right OT in the second half and was an animal at both positions.  He could start ROT and back up Ted at Center if needed.  Also, he's Volson's old teammate so there would be some team chemistry built in.  He's also a national champion and a pure glass eater.  

We will need to wait until the combine to really start drilling down into these guys, but now the time to assess who and what positions are needed the most.  Tiger

If we are looking at interior, John Michael Schmitz may be a great fit. OC/OG versatility like Karras. Could push Volson. Hell, maybe Volson could work outside (I have no basis on that other than he was an OT in college).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 09:35 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Now that the All-Star games are over, and Pff.com has completed their grading who do you like and why?

Personally, I like Cody Mauch out of NDSU.  In the Reeses Senior Bowl, he played Center in the first half and Right OT in the second half and was an animal at both positions.  He could start ROT and back up Ted at Center if needed.  Also, he's Volson's old teammate so there would be some team chemistry built in.  He's also a national champion and a pure glass eater.  

We will need to wait until the combine to really start drilling down into these guys, but now the time to assess who and what positions are needed the most.  Tiger

I know the Arm Length argument can get old but Mauch has very short arms and his future is most likely on the interior. 

Rashawn Slater is a recent "exception to the Rule", but at 33" his arms are over 1.5" longer than Mauch

WTS, I'd have no issue bringing him at 28 to challenge his former teammate at LG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 01:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know the Arm Length argument can get old but Mauch has very short arms and his future is most likely on the interior. 

Rashawn Slater is a recent "exception to the Rule", but at 33" his arms are over 1.5" longer than Mauch

WTS, I'd have no issue bringing him at 28 to challenge his former teammate at LG

I'd love him at 28.   Guard/ Center most likely, but he did well at tackle too.   From what I've read he has excellent movement skills vertically, laterally and downfield.  He can really get on linebackers quickly, so he could pull from anywhere, and he reportedly is really strong against the bull rush.

Plus you really have to love his face lol.  A glass eater/ cave man with the feet of a rugby player.

Sign me up
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 03:11 PM)3wt Wrote: I'd love him at 28.   Guard/ Center most likely, but he did well at tackle too.   From what I've read he has excellent movement skills vertically, laterally and downfield.  He can really get on linebackers quickly, so he could pull from anywhere, and he reportedly is really strong against the bull rush.

Plus you really have to love his face lol.  A glass eater/ cave man with the feet of a rugby player.

Sign me up

Says he's not getting the grille fixed until after his NFL career
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote