Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Draft: Time to grab a RB
We've see the Mixon struggles this year and history tells us some NFL RBs don't have long careers. With three teams in the AFC north at 2-2 and the Steelers at 1-3, the Bengals are in a spot to win the division and make the playoffs. I think by season's end the Bengals will find themselves picking in the bottom of the first round in the '23 draft. It's time to draft someone to compliment or outright replace Mixon as the feature back.

The trend is most NFL teams don't use a top first round pick on an RB, but I think it's advantageous for the Bengals to consider using a later first round pick. I think talented RBs are going to be available when they pick. Potential players they can draft:

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/RB/1/2023

Is it time to go RB in round 1?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 11:53 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We've see the Mixon struggles this year and history tells us some NFL RBs don't have long careers. With three teams in the AFC north at 2-2 and the Steelers at 1-3, the Bengals are in a spot to win the division and make the playoffs. I think by season's end the Bengals will find themselves picking in the bottom of the first round in the '23 draft. It's time to draft someone to compliment or outright replace Mixon as the feature back.

The trend is most NFL teams don't use a top first round pick on an RB, but I think it's advantageous for the Bengals to consider using a later first round pick. I think talented RBs are going to be available when they pick. Potential players they can draft:

No need to go RB in round 1.  I would think that they would be looking at DL, WR or CB in the 1st round, depending upon slotting and how the board is falling out.

Edit: If Jonah Williams continues to struggle, possibly LT

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No need to go RB in round 1.  I would think that they would be looking at DL, WR or CB in the 1st round, depending upon slotting and how the board is falling out.

Im always going to say this you draft players not position groups.

If Bijan Robinson is on the board when the Bengals pick he should get serious consideration because he will likely be one of the top prospects that will potentially slide because he is a RB. Behind him you have the yearly Alabama RB Jahmyr Gibbs and probably the Ole'Miss RB Zach Evans... I do like that Michigan RB Blake Corum reminds me of the mighty mouse Austin Ekeler. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Cameron Peoples, Appalachian State in the 3rd round.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 11:53 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We've see the Mixon struggles this year and history tells us some NFL RBs don't have long careers. With three teams in the AFC north at 2-2 and the Steelers at 1-3, the Bengals are in a spot to win the division and make the playoffs. I think by season's end the Bengals will find themselves picking in the bottom of the first round in the '23 draft. It's time to draft someone to compliment or outright replace Mixon as the feature back.

I would not probably use 1st round... on RB but yes time to start think future, same with a TE,, need to look to draft a TE this draft in rounds 2-4 also. 
Reply/Quote
Robinson is the top guy but I like Zach Charbonnet also.

https://youtu.be/JZo0CcUlNB8
Reply/Quote
If a team is looking for an offensive weapon then Jahmyr Gibbs is your guy. He's a committee type back but damn he is a play maker. He's alot like Aaron Jones.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 12:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Im always going to say this you draft players not position groups.

If Bijan Robinson is on the board when the Bengals pick he should get serious consideration because he will likely be one of the top prospects that will potentially slide because he is a RB. Behind him you have the yearly Alabama RB Jahmyr Gibbs and probably the Ole'Miss RB Zach Evans... I do like that Michigan RB Blake Corum reminds me of the mighty mouse Austin Ekeler. 

One RB that really caught my attention is Braelon Allen from Wisconsin.  Young man out there trucking people, looking like Eric Dickerson.  Too bad he's only a true sophomore.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 12:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Im always going to say this you draft players not position groups.

He does seem to be shaping up as a top overall draft prospect, not just a top RB prospect. I'd be good with the Bengals snagging him in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No need to go RB in round 1.  I would think that they would be looking at DL, WR or CB in the 1st round, depending upon slotting and how the board is falling out.

The same can be said about RB, but hopefully free agency helps with some position needs.
Reply/Quote
I really can't get on board with a RB in the first round. I guess if we got to the bottom of the first and all the other top prospects were off the board, I'd consider it.

There are just too many other needs on this team - edge, O-line etc.
Reply/Quote