Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 February Bengal Board Draft Challenge
Swapped 1st round picks with KC and picked up another 2nd. KC ended up taking Smith-Njigba which i more than likely would've taken if i did not trade.
CIN
Anton Harrison
OT Oklahoma
t
CIN
Dalton Kincaid
TE Utah
CIN
Eli Ricks
CB Alabama
trade icon
CIN
Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
CIN
K.J. Henry
EDGE Clemson
CIN
Josh Whyle
TE Cincinnati
CIN
Karl Brooks
DT Bowling Green
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 04:11 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Swapped 1st round picks with KC and picked up another 2nd. KC ended up taking Smith-Njigba which i more than likely would've taken if i did not trade.
CIN
Anton Harrison
OT Oklahoma
t
CIN
Dalton Kincaid
TE Utah
CIN
Eli Ricks
CB Alabama
trade icon
CIN
Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
CIN
K.J. Henry
EDGE Clemson
CIN
Josh Whyle
TE Cincinnati
CIN
Karl Brooks
DT Bowling Green

Nice job, but one of the premises of the challenge is NO TRADES..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice job, but one of the premises of the challenge is NO TRADES..

I guess it would help if i read the directions! LOL
Reply/Quote
1. O'Cyrus Torrence G Fla
2. Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA
3. Carter Warren T Pitt
4. Cory Trice CB Pur
5. Payne Durham TE Pur
6. Colby Wooden DT Aub
7. Justin Shorter WR Fla

PFN-No Trades

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 04:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 1.  O'Cyrus Torrence  G  Fla
2.  Zach Charbonnet  RB  UCLA
3.  Carter Warren  T  Pitt
4.  Cory Trice  CB  Pur
5.  Payne Durham  TE  Pur
6.  Colby Wooden  DT  Aub
7.  Justin Shorter  WR  Fla

WVUHomer mark of approval
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 05:13 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: WVUHomer mark of approval

It was by way of you mentioning him, that caused me to take time to look him up, and I was happy to see him there in the 5th.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 05:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was by way of you mentioning him, that caused me to take time to look him up, and I was happy to see him there in the 5th.

Dude(tte).... Hes the reason I don't see the fascination with all these top tier TEs knowing I can get better value positions and still not losing much. I'd still consider him even if Mayer was pick 28 (double TE sets)
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 07:10 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Dude(tte).... Hes the reason I don't see the fascination with all these top tier TEs knowing I can get better value positions and still not losing much. I'd still consider him even if Mayer was pick 28 (double TE sets)

My thoughts are "how do the Bengals employ a TE in their offense?".  They want a good blocker, and someone to be the 3rd-4th option on most passing plays.  If I'm going high in the draft on TE for the Bengals, I'm only all-in on a physical monster like Darnell Washington.  Now, more realistically, a lesser yet similar type can be had in Schoonmaker in the mid rounds, or as you turned me onto, Payne Durham.  Durham seems to check all of the typical Bengal boxes as far as TE goes.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My thoughts are "how do the Bengals employ a TE in their offense?".  They want a good blocker, and someone to be the 3rd-4th option on most passing plays.  If I'm going high in the draft on TE for the Bengals, I'm only all-in on a physical monster like Darnell Washington.  Now, more realistically, a lesser yet similar type can be had in Schoonmaker in the mid rounds, or as you turned me onto, Payne Durham.  Durham seems to check all of the typical Bengal boxes as far as TE goes.

Exactly. I would love your insight on the mock i posted this week.
Reply/Quote
NFL draft lounge (only 6 rounds available)
28 Bijan Robinson RB | Texas
60 Mazi Smith DL | Michigan
92 Sydney Brown S | Illinois
131 Karl Brooks DL | Bowling Green
165 Josh Whyle TE | Cincinnati
206 Jaxson Kirkland OT | Washington
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 07:10 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Dude(tte).... Hes the reason I don't see the fascination with all these top tier TEs knowing I can get better value positions and still not losing much. I'd still consider him even if Mayer was pick 28 (double TE sets)

We need a poll...Who's obsessed with their favorite TE more...WVUHomer with Payne Durham, or Brad with Michael Mayer? 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We need a poll...Who's obsessed with their favorite TE more...WVUHomer with Payne Durham, or Brad with Michael Mayer? 

Without a doubt Brad with Mayer. Payne for me just sparked exactly how CTB did for me last year around this time. BUT if the people vote for me, I won't be deny the draft crush.
Reply/Quote
NFL Mock Draft Sim:

Obvious fluke:
1. Skoronski, OT, Northwester.
2. Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
3. Avila, IOL, TCU
4. Spears, RB, Tulane
5. D. Williams, LB, Tulane
6. T. Incoom, Edge, Central Michigan
7. M. Turk, P, Oklahoma
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 09:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: NFL Mock Draft Sim:

Obvious fluke:
3. Avila, IOL, TCU
4. Spears, RB, Tulane
7. M. Turk, P, Oklahoma

Only thing that scares me with this is Musgrave having a higher drop rate (i think Goodberry posted that from PFF), otherwise i could be very happy with this.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 04:11 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Swapped 1st round picks with KC and picked up another 2nd. KC ended up taking Smith-Njigba which i more than likely would've taken if i did not trade.
CIN
Anton Harrison
OT Oklahoma
t
CIN
Dalton Kincaid
TE Utah
CIN
Eli Ricks
CB Alabama
trade icon
CIN
Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
CIN
K.J. Henry
EDGE Clemson
CIN
Josh Whyle
TE Cincinnati
CIN
Karl Brooks
DT Bowling Green

Besides you refusing to follow the rules, a swap with KC would not get us an additional 2nd round pick.  Most likely an additional 4th.  If KC was willing to give up their 1st and 2nd they could easily move up to the 19th pick. 

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 09:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: NFL Mock Draft Sim:

Obvious fluke:
3. Avila, IOL, TCU
4. Spears, RB, Tulane
7. M. Turk, P, Oklahoma

I'd love the 1st 5 picks, I like Incoom's grades but havent seen him play yet.   
I have read in a couple of places that due to Skoronski's limited arm length he may be better suited at RT or Guard.  RT for us...  
I like Avila, he can play LG then transition to C if needed.

Reply/Quote
Fanspeak finally let me finish one. I almost gave up on them. Kept bugging out and never loading halfway through. Pretty annoying.

Seven starters?
Team Picks
28: R1 P28 OT Dawand Jones - Ohio State - Franchise cornerstone, future best NFL RT.
60: R2 P29 TE Tucker Kraft - South Dakota State - Going back to the Dakota's for another rookie starter. Michael Mayer on steroids. Wink
92: R3 P29 S JL Skinner - Boise State - There will be growing pains but we could probably throw Hill and Skinner to the wolves and have a pretty good duo by the end of the year.
131: R4 P29 CB Eli Ricks - Alabama - 21 year old who has started for LSU and Alabama. I don't know much about him. But that is an impressive feat. Our young DB group gets even better.
165: R5 P29 RB DeWayne McBride - UAB - I'm a fan of guys with impressive ypc. He had 7.3 ypc last year with 1700 yards and 19 TDs. Only 10 targets the last two years though. So will obviously need work.
206: R6 P29 LB Ivan Pace Jr. - Cincinnati - Let him do what he excels at and wreak havoc in the middle and Logan do what he does as a top coverage LB in the league.
248: R7 P29 P Adam Korsak - Rutgers - He had 75 punts this year and allowed a total of -11 punt return yards. Holy shit? I think I'd gladly use a pick on him and instantly majorly improve our special teams.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2023, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Went with PFF:

1) John Michael Schmitz/OL

2) Keeanu Benton/DL

3) Cedric Tillman/WR

4) Jaelyn Duncan/OL

5) Clayton Tune/QB

6) Tavion Thomas/RB

7) Mike Turk/P

I look forward to seeing who finished 2nd. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 06:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I look forward to seeing who finished 2nd. 

The draft just above you may have nudged over the line
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 07:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The draft just above you may have nudged over the line

Any draft that has Dawand Jones in the 1st round can't possibly be good. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote