Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 March Bengal Board Draft Challenge
February picks were competitive and even better than January Mock simulation picks. I had 2 way tie with Schroomytunes and Bfine for February Challenge winners.

March Challenge is now Open.

Here are the rules: Pick one and only one mock draft to share for the month. NO TRADES. List the draft site used at top, thanks.

Members must take one mock draft from the following:
Fanspeak (use classic) https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/
Pro football Network: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/
NFL Mock Draft Database: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator
PFF https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator?ref=bb684c2c-e2c5-43c4-8d20-2686e1473c6d

Good luck!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 06:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: February picks were competitive and even better than January Mock simulation picks.  I had 2 way tie with Schroomytunes and Bfine for February Challenge winners.

March Challenge is now Open.

Here are the rules: Pick one and only one mock draft to share for the month. NO TRADES. List the draft site used at top, thanks.

Members must take one mock draft from the following:
Fanspeak (use classic)  https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/
Pro football Network: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/
NFL Mock Draft Database: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator
PFF https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator?ref=bb684c2c-e2c5-43c4-8d20-2686e1473c6d

Good luck!

Via MockDraftDatabase

Rd 1. Brian Branch S Bama
Rd. 2 AA (I'm not spelling his name, we all know who this is) Northwestern. Listed as edge but I'm calling him a 3T.
Rd. 3 DJ Turner CB Michigan
Rd. 4 Jayden Reed WR MSU
Rd. 5 Izzy Abanikanda RB Pitt 
Rd. 6 SirVocea Dennis LB Pitt (Good production grades on the ole Twitter)
Rd. 7 Zach Kuntz TE Old Dom
Reply/Quote
Wound up heavy on offense in this one...

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Couldn't pass on Mayer and Sanders is a steal at 60. Love Spears out of Tulane and this should allow us to sign Perine and let Mixon go. Draft from PFN.

CIN

Michael Mayer
TE Notre Dame
CIN

Drew Sanders
LB Arkansas
CIN

Calijah Kancey
DT Pittsburgh
CIN

Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
CIN

Riley Moss
CB Iowa
CIN

Xavier Henderson
S Michigan State
CIN

Michael Turk
P Oklahoma
Reply/Quote
PFF.com
Let's get our line figured out once and for all, b/c Joe is unstoppable when he has adequate protection.

1) Dawand Jones- OT Ohio State  B+
2) Matthew Burgeron- OT Syracuse  A
3) Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson- CB TCU A
4) Luke Schoonmaker- TE Michigan A
5) Jakorian Bennett- CB Maryland (4.3/ 40 at the combine) A+
6) Clayton Tune QB- Houston A
7) DJ Dale- DL- Alabama A

Overall draft grade from pff A
Reply/Quote
PFN. 

Did what i don't want the Bengals to do and went TE, then doulbed up when the local boy was there later. Had a choice between Tyjae Spears and Dontayvion Wicks and i chose the WR even though his 40 at the combine was 'wow slow'. Tall LB from Iowa that's gonna need some time. Punter in the 7th is known for hang time and touch. Not so much leg strength. 

Darnell Washington
TE Georgia

Jaelyn Duncan
OT Maryland

Jack Campbell
LB Iowa

Dontayvion Wicks
WR Virginia

Roschon Johnson
RB Texas

Josh Whyle
TE Cincinnati

Brad Robbins
P Michigan

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 09:35 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Via MockDraftDatabase

Rd 1. Brian Branch S Bama
Rd. 2 AA (I'm not spelling his name, we all know who this is) Northwestern. Listed as edge but I'm calling him a 3T.
Rd. 3 DJ Turner CB Michigan
Rd. 4 Jayden Reed WR MSU
Rd. 5 Izzy Abanikanda RB Pitt 
Rd. 6 SirVocea Dennis LB Pitt (Good production grades on the ole Twitter)
Rd. 7 Zach Kuntz TE Old Dom

There is no way we are drafting a guy named Adetomiwa Adebawore AND one named Abanikanda in the same year.... can you imagine Lapham calling the game with these two???  LOL

Do you think we take Branch if we re-sign Bell?

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2023, 11:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: Wound up heavy on offense in this one...

When do you think was the last time we drafted 3 guys 5'10 and under?  80's? 70's?  

I love Achane as a change of pace back.  I'm not sure he or Schoonmaker have a chance being available at the bottom of the 3rd and 6th but both would be excellent pickups ..

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 10:29 AM)Tomcat Wrote: Couldn't pass on Mayer and Sanders is a steal at 60. Love Spears out of Tulane and this should allow us to sign Perine and let Mixon go. Draft from PFN.

CIN

Michael Mayer
TE Notre Dame
CIN

Drew Sanders
LB Arkansas
CIN

Calijah Kancey
DT Pittsburgh
CIN

Tyjae Spears
RB Tulane
CIN

Riley Moss
CB Iowa
CIN

Xavier Henderson
S Michigan State
CIN

Michael Turk
P Oklahoma

Sanders at 92?
Kancey at 131?

I think something would have to be really wrong with these two in order to drop that far.  That's not your fault obviously.  

Sanders is my LB1 in this class, probably the worst LB class in a decade, but I like this kid a lot.  I dont see how he drops to us at 60.

Kancey's combine most likely ensures he is gone mid-first round..?

Other than the unlikelihood of availability, you did good upgrading Hurst and Pratt,  increasing interior pass rush and speed in the backfield.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 03:50 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: PFF.com
Let's get our line figured out once and for all, b/c Joe is unstoppable when he has adequate protection.

1) Dawand Jones- OT Ohio State  B+
2) Matthew Burgeron- OT Syracuse  A
3) Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson- CB TCU A
4) Luke Schoonmaker- TE Michigan A
5) Jakorian Bennett- CB Maryland (4.3/ 40 at the combine) A+
6) Clayton Tune QB- Houston A
7) DJ Dale- DL- Alabama A

Overall draft grade from pff A

As good a s Hodges-Tomlinson is, I really dont see Lou wanting a 5'8 CB.

Otherwise this is an A draft class to me as well.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: PFN. 

Did what i don't want the Bengals to do and went TE, then doulbed up when the local boy was there later. Had a choice between Tyjae Spears and Dontayvion Wicks and i chose the WR even though his 40 at the combine was 'wow slow'. Tall LB from Iowa that's gonna need some time. Punter in the 7th is known for hang time and touch. Not so much leg strength. 

Darnell Washington
TE Georgia

Jaelyn Duncan
OT Maryland

Jack Campbell
LB Iowa

Dontayvion Wicks
WR Virginia

Roschon Johnson
RB Texas

Josh Whyle
TE Cincinnati

Brad Robbins
P Michigan

Not sure how realistic, but this is the winner thus far. 

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: As good a s Hodges-Tomlinson is, I really dont see Lou wanting a 5'8 CB.

Otherwise this is an A draft class to me as well.

I mean, Hilton is 5'9"
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is no way we are drafting a guy named Adetomiwa Adebawore AND one named Abanikanda in the same year.... can you imagine Lapham calling the game with these two???  LOL

Do you think we take Branch if we re-sign Bell?

Luckily, imo, Abanikanda is easy to say. AA, not so much. Plus he could just call him Izzy for short.

As to Branch, yes, depending on the contract for Bell. Worst case, you can make him a slot to rotate with Hill going forward.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 09:31 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I mean, Hilton is 5'9"

Yep, and was undrafted....  Lou has defitniely indicated a preference for taller, longer corners, possibly this is just for boundary...? 

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 09:33 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Luckily, imo, Abanikanda is easy to say. AA, not so much. Plus he could just call him Izzy for short.

As to Branch, yes, depending on the contract for Bell. Worst case, you can make him a slot to rotate with Hill going forward.

You think Dax is going to the slot or am  I missing something?

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure how realistic, but this is the winner thus far. 

If Jack Campbell was still there at 92 on pff, I would have taken him over TCU’s 5’8 Tre’Vius Hodges- Tomlinson. I didn’t see Campbell there at 60, bc if Pratt goes to FA then I’m LB shopping in round 2 or 3.

Still THT is a baller and it’s nice to have a guy like that around. A good back up for Hilton maybe bc they’re cut from the same mold.
Reply/Quote
pfn: Would have liked a safety, wasn't thrilled with Jones

28. Broderick Jones OT Georgia
60. Calijah Kancey DT Pittsburgh
92. Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
131. Daiyan Henley LB Washington State
165. Michael Wilson WR Stanford
206. DeWayne McBride RB UAB
248. Starling Thomas V CB AUB
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 01:20 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You think Dax is going to the slot or am  I missing something?

Rotation. If we had Branch, they could rotate in and out to cause confusing looks. Both have the experience in slot at the college level.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 01:18 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Yep, and was undrafted....  Lou has defitniely indicated a preference for taller, longer corners, possibly this is just for boundary...? 

Thats a good question. I don't have enough data to try to infer if he just prefers range for outside or if Hilton is an outlier.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 03:32 AM)puddycat Wrote: pfn: Would have liked a safety, wasn't thrilled with Jones

28. Broderick Jones OT Georgia
60. Calijah Kancey DT Pittsburgh
92. Sam LaPorta TE Iowa
131. Daiyan Henley LB Washington State
165. Michael Wilson WR Stanford
206. DeWayne McBride RB UAB
248. Starling Thomas V CB AUB

Jones has the ability to become an all pro tackle, just raw right now.  You have no choice but to take him. 

Reply/Quote