Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2023, 02:16 PM)matmaven Wrote: Eagles want to win it now.

They are killing it so far in my opinion.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Eagles get Lions RB Swift in trade.

Really? That was quick. Swift was just being rumored as being made available for trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: They were interviewing players like Mayer, so the Bengals clearly were concerned about TE. I suspect they pick one up this round.

I am conflicted on the draft so far. I love the players value they drafted. But I’m not confident 4-7 can fix all the offensive holes. Clearly they feel good about RT and Trayveon Williams & Chris Evans. Can’t imagine they don’t draft a TE
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:14 PM)Housh Wrote: Which guy is gonna get me a 3rd and 5 when teams play 2 high on Chase and Tee and the 1st contact is made with about 2 or 3 more yards to get?

I thought we’d value Darnell’s size there and i thought that’s really all we’d want a TE to do after blocking. Just be hard to tackle. I’m assuming that’s what we want

Bengal Dude mentioned it earlier but it may not have been Washington's skillset that disqualified him for Cincinnati. James Rapien mentioned that Cincinnati was "never in on" Darnell. It makes me wonder if we were one of the teams that medically disqualified him. Here is the link to Rapien discussing it. 

It is pure speculation on my part as maybe they also didn't like his skillset. It is hard to know.
Reply/Quote
Another short QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:16 PM)Stewy Wrote: worse than Henry To'oTo'o?

It's a famous Simpsons gag.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea I love Tyler Scott at 132 that was my big value pick in my mock drafts. 

I still can't believe Tucker went ahead of him.
Reply/Quote
So Stafford probably retires in a year or two. Insert Bennett and get 1-2 years out of him before he has to retire. Bold strategy. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'd have been happy with Wypler or Scott in the 3rd.

Wypler seems strange with Karras,,butit wouod allow us to have Kareas be OG3 instead of Scharping since Wypler could play C well. He wyped Cartet's butt in the BCS.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:16 PM)Stewy Wrote: worse than Henry To'oTo'o?

Personally I love that name.   there is a whole clan of To'o To'os here in coastal carolina--great family.   Though their name is properly pronounced toe-ah, toe-ah....most of the younger ones have just given up and to by "tootoo."
Reply/Quote
I want Will Mallory with this pick
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: Really? That was quick. Swift was just being rumored as being made available for trade.

That's what they said on NFLN.  Have not seen what the compensation was.  But with the Lions taking Gibbs in the 1st wasn't surprising.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: They are killing it so far in my opinion.  

Agree.  4 defensive players incl. 3 from UGA defense at great values when they picked them and add Swift.  They are winning the draft so far.
Reply/Quote
I would have liked DeAndre Swift. Probably would have cost us a 4th.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Mallory cannot block, but he is a very good receiver. Kincaid light.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's a famous Simpsons gag.

How about from the movie Fletch....John Cocktoastin?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Eagles get Lions RB Swift in trade.

They are killing it this offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: How about from the movie Fletch....John Cocktoastin?

Elmer Fudd Gantry and Claude Henry Smoot :)
Reply/Quote
How the hell does a guy named Stetson not go to the Cowboys by default?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 02:20 PM)matmaven Wrote: Agree.  4 defensive players incl. 3 from UGA defense at great values when they picked them and add Swift.  They are winning the draft so far.

Sometimes getting a guy later than expected isn’t “value.”

Every Georgia Bulldog other than Broderick Jones has slid. Character concerns and and name value inflation.

Every NFL GM had chances to take those guys and passed. 2 or 3 times in some cases.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote