Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
Both WR’s add major speed. There is a theme for this class and it is speed!
Reply/Quote
who is our punter argh
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: WRs are a dime a dozen though……. was he really worth passing on Kuntz?

Kuntz is the poster child for the saying "Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: WRs are a dime a dozen though……. was he really worth passing on Kuntz?

The Bengals obviously thought so.
Reply/Quote
This pick screams boom or bust but the bust has little risk. This could be our Pacheco.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I think this draft proves one single thing:

The Bengals do not value TE at all.

Like, they may never draft a TE ever again while Zac is the head coach levels of not valuing them haha.

The last two drafts were pretty deep drafts at TE, and we passed on them over and over and over again.

In hindsight, it's kind of funny that so many experts were projecting a TE high to us. That won't happen again haha.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:57 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Nah. This is silly. He might be a fine player but this is the wrong pick.

Silly to get all fired up about a bad 6th rounder, so I won’t beat this to death, but this is a bad pick.

why is it silly? If folks like the pick, they like the pick. Sorta like you've disliked every pick. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:58 PM)Synric Wrote: Kuntz is the poster child for the saying "Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane".

I'd still like him. We pick again in about 7 picks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Seems we are reloading the bottom half of the WR room. I think our two picks plus Irwin go with Chase, Higgins and Boyd to form the WR room this season possibly.
Reply/Quote
Iosivas is the perfect lottery pick you take in the late rounds.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I like Losivas but I would rather had Kuntz at that spot. Kuntz was a 4 star recruit who had offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. He chose Penn State before eventually transferring to ODU.
Reply/Quote

IDK about everyone else but we are heading into the next season with a questionable and banged up Smith and Drew Sample and Asaasi  as or TEs? Meanwhile other teams are scooping up TE talent left and right? Zack must really devalue that position....I mean ....like really devalue it.
Not sold on taking 2 WRs with what we already have but hey what do I know?  This team made SB and almost made again last yr. Ill have to trust the decisions
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: SHUT UP.

jesus christ, relax. You cant let a british person get under your skin

Im more surprised that we have people here making jokes from 6 years ago lol 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Everyone said for two years “If Chase goes down, who will threaten teams vertically?”. You now have to guys with the athleticism to threaten vertically. Even Losivas who is a projects has the size speed combo to do that early in his career.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think this draft proves one single thing:

The Bengals do not value TE at all.

Like, they may never draft a TE ever again while Zac is the head coach levels of not valuing them haha.

The last two drafts were pretty deep drafts at TE, and we passed on them over and over and over again.

In hindsight, it's kind of funny that so many experts were projecting a TE high to us. That won't happen again haha.

Yeah imo the Bengals have made their stance on TE very clear in this draft. I personally think this was one of the best TE classes I’ve ever seen so it would sting a little to not add one of them. But I like who we’ve picked so it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd still like him. We pick again in about 7 picks

I'm just saying that's why he's still on the board very late 6th round after that testing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Can't hurt to have a possible starting slot WR in a year and a backup outside even if he's more of a deep ball guy. Really covered themselves at WR. I know we figure Boyd is gone in a year, but if we can't sign Higgins long term they're grooming guys at the position that takes longer to do so. Our aim is to keep Tee, but if they're forced to tag and then eventually trade him we have to be prepared. That and we are protected vs injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:41 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would rather use that pick on someone like Andrew Vorhees.  He was projected as a 3rd or 4th round pick until he tore his ACL at the NFL combine.   He would be nice to have in 2024

Want Vorhees as well. Ir hin for the year and he's ready to compete next season. 
Reply/Quote
Boy are we seismic on the athletic/speed front this draft.

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote