Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Opening Day Lineup?
What is your opinion of the Reds Opening Day lineup? I'm not impressed at all. Would be surprised if we beat the Pirates. I'm hoping we struck gold in some new players and recent players. Going to be a long season I'm afraid.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Here is the projected lineup:

Reds:

Jonathan India, 2B
Jake Fraley, DH
Wil Myers, RF
Tyler Stephenson, C
Spencer Steer, 3B
TJ Friedl, LF
Jason Vosler, 1B
Jose Barrero, SS
Will Benson, CF
SP: Hunter Greene, RHP
CL: Alexis Díaz, RHP
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
ESPN schedule has the rotation listed for the first five starts
Greene
Lodolo
Ashcraft
Overton
Cessa
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I'm actually glad to see the youth movement happening. Rather see guys like Fraley, Steer, Barrero and even the recently aquired Benson get playing time over the re-treads vet projects of last season.

Most of the guys in that line-up where highly thought of prospects at one time or another, so maybe they hit that potential and make the season interesting to watch. Better than seeing guys out there that you know are here till the deadline like Tommy Pham, Brandon Drury and the guy they just cut in Chad Pinder.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, we lost 5-4 but the Reds looked ok. The pitcher that gave up all the walks was a problem. This is the Pirates remember.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
As exciting as 100+ mph is, it doesn't matter if you can't get outs, go deeper into games, and keep the other team from scoring.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 09:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As exciting as 100+ mph is, it doesn't matter if you can't get outs, go deeper into games, and keep the other team from scoring.

Yep

And his Achilles heel cropped up again, to many dingers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote