Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Punter Competition coming

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As it should be. He had a few good moments but some not so good ones as well. He didn't show enough to just be handed the job in 2023.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Good. Punting as a whole was terrible last year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Thank God.
Reply/Quote
Nice to hear. I wonder if they'll bring in a veteran, draft one, or have their eyes on some UDFAs.
Reply/Quote
Marisa Contipelli's face reminds me of the Futurama meme with Fry going, "Not sure if serious or...."

As for the actual topic though, I'm game for another punter despite still liking Chrisman's chances.

I like Bryce Baringer from MSU, but he's similar to Chrisman. There's risk of Baringer outkicking coverage and not having enough hangtime that can result in not pinning opponents deep occasionally and/or allowing the occasional bigger return. The leg is a boomer though.

Adam Korsak has less power but has demonstrated in college he can pin opponents deep inside their own 20.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
A competition is only as good as the competitors involved.

Last year it was between Huber and Chrisman. Both stunk, so we ended up losing twice. The best choice between two bad choices is still a bad choice.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Kansas City's punter, Tommy Townsend, was a huge weapon for the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
Darrin also said he is not expecting Clark Harris to return

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 03:52 PM)pally Wrote: Darrin also said he is not expecting Clark Harris to return

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hell of a Bengal career, Clark!

[Image: 1370380315.0.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The punting position is key to victories. Chrisman did not wow me at all. I hope the Bengals find a good one.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 04:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hell of a Bengal career, Clark!

[Image: 1370380315.0.jpg]

[Image: cy0Yqzo.jpg]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Turk from Oklahoma.
Baringer from Sparty.
Korsak from Rutgers.

Using a 7th on them or calling them 1st for UDFAs.

Punter, RT, LT, and LG are the spots where we need upgrades the most.

Depending on if Bell, Pratt, & Hurst are back, we could have holes at S, LB, and TE.
Reply/Quote
That one kid who can punt it about 1/4 mile was cleared of all charges
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Korsak is the true punt god I’m hearing. 75 punts this year and a whopping total of -11 return yards allowed. And a streak of 150 punts without a touchback. Plus the Ray Guy award to cap off his career.

Really nice college career.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 05:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Turk from Oklahoma.
Baringer from Sparty.
Korsak from Rutgers.

Using a 7th on them or calling them 1st for UDFAs.

Punter, RT, LT, and LG are the spots where we need upgrades the most.

Depending on if Bell, Pratt, & Hurst are back, we could have holes at S, LB, and TE.

Turk is the second best punter I’ve watched at Oklahoma in 40 years. The other is a pro bowler for Washington. Turk is five star locker room guy.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Welcome news, Drue did not really seem to take the reins and run with the job

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That one kid who can punt it about 1/4 mile was cleared of all charges

Well, not cleared of charges. The DA felt they did not have a path for a criminal conviction. But the call between Araiza and the alleged victim was still quite chilling. It became a he-said, she-said situation in the end.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 07:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Korsak is the true punt god I’m hearing. 75 punts this year and a whopping total of -11 return yards allowed. And a streak of 150 punts without a touchback. Plus the Ray Guy award to cap off his career.

Really nice college career.

Pretty remarkable statistics. Projected to go in 6th or 7th. Not sure if the Bengals would use a draft pick on him, but his resume is excellent.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That one kid who can punt it about 1/4 mile was cleared of all charges

Everyone deserves a second chance when it works out well for me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote