Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2023 Salary Cap set
(01-31-2023, 06:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The front office LOVES them some Mixon. I don't see any way they cut him.

He was given a shot by them when everyone turned their backs on them so he loved it here. He was one of the few that wanted to be here and was easily the most pumped up on the sidelines for his team mates when the Bengals sucked. 

He's suffered statistically for the same reason Burrow has suffered . . . a shit, bottom of the league o-line for almost his entire career.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:56 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I think it has been mentioned before but possible franchise tag there. 

WTF?  No way ever would we franchise Bell.....????

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 09:46 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Regretfully, I don’t see how we can keep Chase and Tee long term.

Getting studs on o line more important than having two veteran WR 1s

I hate it. Tee and Chase are both great players and seem like really good guys.

We can absolutely keep both Chase and Tee.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 01:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can complain about his production sometimes but i can't complain about his effort and what a good teammate he is. 

(01-31-2023, 06:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The front office LOVES them some Mixon. I don't see any way they cut him.

(01-31-2023, 07:32 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He was given a shot by them when everyone turned their backs on them so he loved it here. He was one of the few that wanted to be here and was easily the most pumped up on the sidelines for his team mates when the Bengals sucked. 

He's suffered statistically for the same reason Burrow has suffered . . . a shit, bottom of the league o-line for almost his entire career.

If any player is cut to save money I can easily see it being Mixon.  He is the only one that was selfishly pissed and vocal this season in the locker room.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 01:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Honestly I don't fully expect Higgins to be on the team in 2023. If they trade him, they can have a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, and then can spend that $25m on signing like 3 good players. Figured in another thread that with that $25m, you can theoretically get Ethan Pocic at C (and move Karras back to LG), Dalton Schultz at TE, and a 1-2 year deal for Marvin Jones at WR and you're only looking at spending like $4m/yr more than just Tee Higgins... and you still get an extra 1st and 3rd round pick to add to your team with, too.

In other words..Higgins for a solid oline? Eagles / KC has 3 pro bowlers on each of their olines.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 07:57 PM)Old Dipstick Wrote: In other words..Higgins for a solid oline? Eagles / KC has 3 pro bowlers on each of their olines.

KC only paid one olineman big money this year and will only pay one next season as well.  We need to steal their oline scout.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 07:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: call me crazy, but why cant cincy just take a page from the Chiefs strategy?

keep jamarr(kelce), let Tee or other potentially expensive receiver walk or just trade him(Tyreek), invest in trenches(namely o-line), and just bring in talented receivers for good value looking to play with Burrow for a year or 2. sort of like the bengals did with the Hurst signing

I truly believe this is the stronger strategy

Tiger

I don't believe its snowing in hell and until its proven Tee will never be open to negotiations unless its a one & a two in return. Its restructuring season with Katie and it will be non negotiable. I can see both Boyd & Mixon staying on renegotiated deals. I also believe Jonah accepts a team friendly deal along w/ Vonn Bell.
My guy playoff Pratt.... I'd love to keep him but he's saying that walking in one door & Zac the other. Nope.
They'll try and keep Hayden Hurst because I think he found a home in Cincy and really just happy to be in the league. Some folks hate Eli but he said nothing all year until he said something. I'd give him a one year deal because every team needs a guy like him to an extent. The Burrow deal I believe will be one of the most creative tin sports and will change the game forever.. If I were a FA would I want to come to Cincy and chase a ring..... Yeessss.  When you have a generational talents like Burrow & Chase it won't be hard to get both lines beefed up with proven veteran guys cheap! The future is bright in Cincy & the schedule isn't that tall. #1 Seed #1Seed. It comes thru Cincy now.  I promise you that. See ya'll next season & Who Dey All Dey Everydey!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: KC only paid one olineman big money this year and will only pay one next season as well.  We need to steal their oline scout.

Screw all that how about we stop trying to over value athleticism at that position

A dude can be immobile as hell it doesn’t matter if he can stonewall whoever rushes him

I say this obviously knowing athletic lineman are a must but maybe it’s less important with us
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: KC only paid one olineman big money this year and will only pay one next season as well.  We need to steal their oline scout.

Nah, they paid 2 last year. Joe Thuney and Orlando Brown Jr. Thuney looks like he has a smaller cap hit, but he converted nearly $13m of his base salary into a signing bonus. They still paid him big in 2022, but they pushed some of the cap hits to later years (which is why it's now $22.1m in 2023).

They're going to have to pay a minimum 2 if not 3 this year with Orlando Brown being a FA and Creed Humphrey being eligible for an extension now.

That said, I fully support stealing some guys from their FO. The Bengals have exactly 4 scouts and 1 of the 4 is in charge of pro scouting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:15 PM)Housh Wrote: Screw all that how about we stop trying to over value athleticism at that position

A dude can be immobile as hell it doesn’t matter if he can stonewall whoever rushes him

I say this obviously knowing athletic lineman are a must but maybe it’s less important with us

KC just drafts better than us.

We took Carmen instead of Creed and passed on Smith 6 times.

The best is that we chose John Ross and immediately after they picked Mahomes....

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:15 PM)Housh Wrote: Screw all that how about we stop trying to over value athleticism at that position

Jonah Williams was probably the most athletic Bengals starter on the line. That was actually a problem earlier in the season with the run scheme. The Bengals Offensive line didnt have the range to run it big reason they switched up a gap. That doesn't mean they will continue with that gap scheme because we've been here before. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, they paid 2 last year. Joe Thuney and Orlando Brown Jr. Thuney looks like he has a smaller cap hit, but he converted nearly $13m of his base salary into a signing bonus. They still paid him big in 2022, but they pushed some of the cap hits to later years (which is why it's now $22.1m in 2023).

They're going to have to pay a minimum 2 if not 3 this year with Orlando Brown being a FA and Creed Humphrey being eligible for an extension now.

That said, I fully support stealing some guys from their FO. The Bengals have exactly 4 scouts and 1 of the 4 is in charge of pro scouting.

I am going by the salary cap - Brown was their big money guy.

Thuney will be their only big money guy this season as they will let Brown walk and draft an OT, IMO.

Creed is not eligible for an extension until after next season.  Even then, extensions don't hit the cap hard for a couple more years.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am going by the salary cap - Brown was their big money guy.

Thuney will be their only big money guy this season as they will let Brown walk and draft an OT, IMO.

Creed is not eligible for an extension until after next season.  Even then, extensions don't hit the cap hard for a couple more years.

Just telling you they paid Thuney $14.4m in cash in 2022 to artificially lower his cap. Even if we're looking at JUST cap hits, he still had the 6th highest cap hit for a guard in the entire NFL in 2022. I feel like being 6th highest among 64 starters is pretty high.

You're right, I was quick looking and the fact that Spotrac has already moved onto showing 2023 threw me off as I tabbed through. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just telling you they paid Thuney $14.4m in cash in 2022 to artificially lower his cap. Even if we're looking at JUST cap hits, he still had the 6th highest cap hit for a guard in the entire NFL in 2022. I feel like being 6th highest among 64 starters is pretty high.

You're right, I was quick looking and the fact that Spotrac has already moved onto showing 2023 threw me off as I tabbed through. Lol

The sad fact is that we could have had all 3 of the Chiefs interior linemen with 2 on rookie deals.

We turned down Thuney, we drafted Carmen over Creed and passed on Smith for 6 rounds.  That is an incredible interior line despite the costs (which will only be Thuney for the next few years).

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: KC just drafts better than us.

We took Carmen instead of Creed and passed on Smith 6 times.

The best is that we chose John Ross and immediately after they picked Mahomes....

We’ve obviously could bolster our pass rush and our OL. We need a better pass rush yet Hendrickson and Hubbard aren’t being replaced or Reader. Hill just got a deal. I think we’ve got to live with hoping Carter or Ossai emerge. Williams is tied up. Volson is set as is Karras and Cappa. Collins we are stuck with. Was Jonah’s knee injuries his limitation? Well we need a TE if we don’t sign Hurst but I think we keep him. Apple on one of the sites projected for a lot of money. Screw that. Of course will Awouzie be ready? First game is 9 months removed from surgery. I think ADJ moves right in Pratts spot. I think you let Perine go. Evans or Williams have to fill it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 07:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If any player is cut to save money I can easily see it being Mixon.  He is the only one that was selfishly pissed and vocal this season in the locker room.

I'm torn about wanting a RBBC or a Mixon restructure. He just makes it so difficult when he flashes but then goes dormant for so long. 

Mixon at a lesser price is certainly more palatable to me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ve obviously could bolster our pass rush and our OL. We need a better pass rush yet Hendrickson and Hubbard aren’t being replaced or Reader. Hill just got a deal. I think we’ve got to live with hoping Carter or Ossai emerge. Williams is tied up. Volson is set as is Karras and Cappa. Collins we are stuck with. Was Jonah’s knee injuries his limitation? Well we need a TE if we don’t sign Hurst but I think we keep him. Apple on one of the sites projected for a lot of money. Screw that. Of course will Awouzie be ready? First game is 9 months removed from surgery. I think ADJ moves right in Pratts spot. I think you let Perine go. Evans or Williams have to fill it.

The "market" links on those sites are generic, they have Flowers valued at an insane amount, must be position specific.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm torn about wanting a RBBC or a Mixon restructure. He just makes it so difficult when he flashes but then goes dormant for so long. 

Mixon at a lesser price is certainly more palatable to me. 

One thing I've noticed from the recent Bengals draft classes is that they like to throw multiple picks at areas on the field in each class.

2020 They drafted 3 linebackers to completely rebuild that room
2021 They drafted 6 trench players 3 DL 3 OL
2022 The Bengals drafted 3 Defensive backs but actually used 5 picks to get them.

Looking at this draft Running Back might be my favorite position group try to completely rebuild the room with a couple mid to late picks. Although if you wanted to go 2 picks in the top 100 you could probably get a great pair of corners which is tempting lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 10:17 AM)Synric Wrote: One thing I've noticed from the recent Bengals draft classes is that they like to throw multiple picks at areas on the field in each class.

2022 The Bengals drafted 3 Defensive backs but actually used 5 picks to get them.

Looking at this draft Running Back might be my favorite position group try to completely rebuild the room with a couple mid to late picks. Although if you wanted to go 2 picks in the top 100 you could probably get a great pair of corners which is tempting lol.

Here’s the issues and FA will determine the draft. I don’t think we go after anybody as a starter in FA only for depth.
1. TE and Hurst. If he resigns it drops. If he doesn’t TE becomes a major need.
2. OT with what we saw we either need a starter or depth. Collins needs to work out but his recovery is an unknown. But at the worst we need depth. Doesn’t make two craps that Williams or Collins are signed it’s a position of need.
3. LB Pratt likely gone so ADG likely his replacement but we’d need depth
4. CB I don’t think they spend the money on Apple to resign but will need to have a third corner to backup Awouzie & CTB
5. WR don’t know how that shakes out with Higgins so they’d need to be proactive
6. DT I know we need a difference maker and elite rusher but we are committed to our front 4. Ossai or Carter have to emerge. Elite pass rushers are expensive. That money is going elsewhere
7. RB depends on Perine but I think he’d rather have a 3 year contract and not exorbitant money. But if they keep Perine then they still have Evans and Williams.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 10:17 AM)Synric Wrote: One thing I've noticed from the recent Bengals draft classes is that they like to throw multiple picks at areas on the field in each class.

Yeah, if given the choice, i'd prefer to go CB. I think they have a roomfull of guys at RB to choose from. TBH, i don't really know who's available where. I didn't pay too much attention to college ball this year. Just going by the Bengals team, i'd stock up on OL, CB and LB. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote