Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Spring Training
Any update on Spring Training? Read where Votto will be out Opening Day. Just hope no injuries.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
First game vs. Indians Saturday at 3:00, goanna try and catch some of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 08:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: First game vs. Indians Saturday at 3:00, goanna try and catch some of it.

Thanks for letting me know. They are the Guardians btw.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 12:02 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Thanks for letting me know. They are the Guardians btw.

The Guardians of Cleveland? That sounds almost as impressive as the Schmucks of New Jersey, but not quite.  Still, you gotta admit it sounds more defensive than the Browns of Cleveland.. 
Maybe the Reds could change the name to the South Cincinnati Purples after the Chicago song, South California Purples just because it's a bad ass song..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Senzel hurt and on the DL yet?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 06:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Senzel hurt and on the DL yet?

Probably about the 3rd inning of the 2nd game.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 06:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Probably about the 3rd inning of the 2nd game.

I thought we were just kidding around.

Reply/Quote
Reds won a game and lost a game. I know Spring Training is more about prep for the season and these games really don't matter in the big picture. However, nice to get a win regardless.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Watched a few Spring Training games. I like the new rules. Glad to see the pitcher throw the ball quickly between pitches. Glad to see no shift and the more base hits as a result. More steals with the larger bases and toss over rule. This is helping the game IMO.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote