Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Training Camp Hero
(07-14-2023, 04:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I considered choosing him as well, but that 5.2 speed isn't going to do much for him in the passing game.

Fair, but he still produced in college and played multiple positions.
There's gotta be something about him the Bengals liked to sign him.
But to be honest, the main reason I picked him is because TE is such a crappy crop currently lol.

If I'm being fully transparent, I want the Bengals to pick up some TE who gets released near cut day or make a trade for a 6th or 7th round pick to get someone who can upgrade TE1/TE2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair, but he still produced in college and played multiple positions.
But to be honest, the main reason I picked him is because TE is such a crappy crop currently lol.

If I'm being fully transparent, I want the Bengals to pick up some TE who gets released near cut day or make a trade for a 6th or 7th round pick to get someone who can upgrade TE1/TE2.

I wonder what the Chiefs would want for Noah Gray. He had an really nice season last year and he was stuck behind Kelce and Bell.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 01:52 PM)3wt Wrote: Man I hope you're right about both these dudes - especially Maxwell.   We need a dominant 3 technique, and I want Carter or Maxwell to step into that role at a dominant level.  That would truly be the missing element of this defense to propel us into the top five defenses.

Would love both interior men to pan out

Yes sir, love BJ Hill but he is more of a hybrid between a nose and a 3-tech than a pure 3-tech.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair, but he still produced in college and played multiple positions.

Yes, want us to pick up a TE after cuts, should be some upgrades available for sure over what we currently have.

(07-15-2023, 03:09 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder what the Chiefs would want for Noah Gray. He had an really nice season last year and he was stuck behind Kelce and Bell.

Doubt they would want to trade with us as they are pretty much one of our main rivals now.

If they were willing, I would be wondering if they know something we don't about Gray lol
Reply/Quote
I’m going to answer as if I’m picking a sort of longshot to make the active roster but may have a great camp and make it….

Gotta go with Iosivas. I assume most ppl will pick DJ Ivey
-Housh
Reply/Quote
My guy Maxwell!
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 12:41 AM)Housh Wrote: I’m going to answer as if I’m picking a sort of longshot to make the active roster but may have a great camp and make it….

Gotta go with Iosivas. I assume most ppl will pick DJ Ivey

Those were both picks though, OP asked about UDFA's...

I really like Shedrick Jackson but with us adding Charlie Jones and Iosivas and Trenton Irwin playing pretty good last year and 
Stanley Morgan being a stud special teamer and blocker I don't know how he makes the team even with his speed. I expect 
Charlie Jones to be our Punt Returner this year and Iosivas to be used down field on some plays deep with his size and speed.

WR really went from being not that good behind our top 3 to really deep with the additions of Chuck Sizzle and Yoshi.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 03:09 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder what the Chiefs would want for Noah Gray. He had an really nice season last year and he was stuck behind Kelce and Bell.

Don't see the Chiefs trying to help the Bengals out 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The OP says which UDFA, not drafted player.

I didnt go that far back just read the title lol

if it has to be a UDFA then its HE WHO WALKS AMONG THE ROWS

WR Malachi Carter
Reply/Quote
Well, since the OP said UDFAs only, I cannot pick Ivey.

I think Kirkland and Maxwell are the most obvious choices, and who I would pick in a vaccuum. Kirkland needs to beat out Ford, Adeniji, and Smith. Maxwell wouod have to unseat Tupou. But since everyone picked them already, I will go in another direction.

I will go with Moody. Bachie is the #5 LB. We've kept 6 recently. I think Moody snagging #5 (or #6) is an easier path because Bachie is less established with the team (or in the league) than Tupou, Adeniji, and Ford.

Almost picked Jackson. I think he could take Morgan's job and be a special teams ace with more receiving upside. As Jones & Iosivas likely make the team, he'd have to beat out Morgan & Irwin & Taylor for the last spot. Tough. I think he sticks on the PS, however.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 01:18 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, since the OP said UDFAs only, I cannot pick Ivey.

I think Kirkland and Maxwell are the most obvious choices, and who I would pick in a vaccuum. Kirkland needs to beat out Ford, Adeniji, and Smith. Maxwell wouod have to unseat Tupou. But since everyone picked them already, I will go in another direction.

I will go with Moody. Bachie is the #5 LB. We've kept 6 recently. I think Moody snagging #5 (or #6) is an easier path because Bachie is less established with the team (or in the league) than Tupou, Adeniji, and Ford.

Almost picked Jackson. I think he could take Morgan's job and be a special teams ace with more receiving upside. As Jones & Iosivas likely make the team, he'd have to beat out Morgan & Irwin & Taylor for the last spot. Tough. I think he sticks on the PS, however.

Tupou isn't a pass rusher and is on the last year of his deal and Adeniji and Ford have sucked in the NFL...

Bachie actually came in when Logan went down and played damn good for us. I think an UDFA has a lot better chance at knocking 
Adeniji or Ford off the roster then Bachie IMO.

We also need a pass rushing DT on this team badly, Maxwell could be it. I like Tufele better than Tupou as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 04:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tupou isn't a pass rusher and is on the last year of his deal and Adeniji and Ford have sucked in the NFL...

Bachie actually came in when Logan went down and played damn good for us. I think an UDFA has a lot better chance at knocking 
Adeniji or Ford off the roster then Bachie IMO.

We also need a pass rushing DT on this team badly, Maxwell could be it. I like Tufele better than Tupou as well.

Good points. FWIW, I agree that Tupou is more of a nose and not a DT. I should have said Maxwell needs to beat out Tufele, who is more of a hybrid. Really, given our schematic choices, we need 3 NT capable guys and will likely carry only 2 narural DTs because we have outside guys who can kick inside (Hubbard,,Sample, Murphy). 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 11:19 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good points. FWIW, I agree that Tupou is more of a nose and not a DT. I should have said Maxwell needs to beat out Tufele, who is more of a hybrid. Really, given our schematic choices, we need 3 NT capable guys and will likely carry only 2 narural DTs because we have outside guys who can kick inside (Hubbard,,Sample, Murphy). 

Truth, completely agree, great post. Also see this is how it will shake out. Rock On
Reply/Quote