Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
https://www.footballcouchscout.com/bigboard

A dominant EDGE tops the list followed by two stud QB's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Already drooling over Michael Mayer TE from Notre Dame. He reminds of TJ Hockenson from a few years ago great all around TE perfect fit for the Bengals.

The Iowa Tight End is always on the board and Sam LaPorta might be the best of the bunch. We know he's a talented receiver but he will mix it up as a blocker hes better climbing and in space but isn't afraid of inline blocking.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 03:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Already drooling over Michael Mayer TE from Notre Dame. He reminds of TJ Hockenson from a few years ago great all around TE perfect fit for the Bengals.

The Iowa Tight End is always on the board and Sam LaPorta might be the best of the bunch. We know he's a talented receiver but he will mix it up as a blocker hes better climbing and in space but isn't afraid of inline blocking.

I hear ya but if things go right we won’t have a shot at him. Now if I were to take that list as gospel I hope we draft To’to’to with the 32nd pick. I will be keeping tabs on Gilbert this year too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'm liking the Syracuse RB Sean Tucker 6th in rushing last year with 1,496 yards averaging 6.1 ypc with 12 TD's and had another 2 TD's receiving.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 03:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Already drooling over Michael Mayer TE from Notre Dame. He reminds of TJ Hockenson from a few years ago great all around TE perfect fit for the Bengals.

Michael's a friend of mine. Hell of a kid and I'd kill to have him here but we'd need to trade up for him.

He's hosting a football camp with his brother (AJ) at our high school right now.
Reply/Quote
We aren't getting any of the top end talent since we'll be drafting 32nd.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 09:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We aren't getting any of the top end talent since we'll be drafting 32nd.

I've seen Michael Mayer drafted in the top half and then I have also seen him falling out of the first round completely, so hopefully he falls to us at 32 or we can trade up to get him without it costing us too much.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 07:14 PM)pulses Wrote: I'm liking the Syracuse RB Sean Tucker  6th in rushing last year with 1,496 yards averaging 6.1 ypc with 12 TD's and had another 2 TD's receiving.

Agreed.

2023 draft could be good to address TE, RB, and then one other spot in the first 3 rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 07:14 PM)pulses Wrote: I'm liking the Syracuse RB Sean Tucker  6th in rushing last year with 1,496 yards averaging 6.1 ypc with 12 TD's and had another 2 TD's receiving.

Tiger

So now your a mind reader!lol
Thats Jedi
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2022, 09:53 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

So now your a mind reader!lol
Thats Jedi
Sounds like we both have good taste in RB's.
Reply/Quote

Tiger

I think Sam fits our system as well but he needs some work with his inline game which is surprising coming out of Iowa. I'll be looking for development in that part of his game. The position group as a whole is projections based to me. Just my opinion. I do like three prospects to emerge and make noise.
Reply/Quote
From ESPN. 2023 Draft Projections.

15. Cincinnati Bengals
Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame*

The tight end with the nickname "Baby Gronk" goes to a perfect situation, where he'll team up with Joe Burrow and three outstanding wide receivers (Ja'Marr Chase, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins) to form the AFC's best skill position group. The 6-foot-4, 251-pound Mayer is a throwback player who is a true in-line tight end prospect. Rob Gronkowski is the popular comp, but Mayer plays a lot like the Lions' T.J. Hockenson, who was the No. 8 overall pick in 2019.

To Draft 15th, wed have to go 8-9.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 05:39 PM)ATOTR Wrote: From ESPN. 2023 Draft Projections.

15. Cincinnati Bengals
Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame*

The tight end with the nickname "Baby Gronk" goes to a perfect situation, where he'll team up with Joe Burrow and three outstanding wide receivers (Ja'Marr Chase, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins) to form the AFC's best skill position group. The 6-foot-4, 251-pound Mayer is a throwback player who is a true in-line tight end prospect. Rob Gronkowski is the popular comp, but Mayer plays a lot like the Lions' T.J. Hockenson, who was the No. 8 overall pick in 2019.

To Draft 15th, wed have to go 8-9.

Friends just sent that in our group chat. I think we'll be drafting 32nd, so we'd definitely need to trade up for him, but he'd be worth it. Our offense would be unstoppable with Mayer.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2022, 09:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Friends just sent that in our group chat. I think we'll be drafting 32nd, so we'd definitely need to trade up for him, but he'd be worth it. Our offense would be unstoppable with Mayer.

I'm not optimistic the Bengals would trade up that much into the first round due to the amount of draft capital it would cost, especially given they'll have a lot of impending big contracts to give out for guys hitting FA in 2023/2024. I doubt they keep all those guys, so they'll probably want to keep as much draft capital as they can to use for impending replacements.

With that said, I'd love to get Mayer, but there are also a couple other TEs I'd be very happy with if the Bengals didn't get Mayer.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 10:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not optimistic the Bengals would trade up that much into the first round due to the amount of draft capital it would cost, especially given they'll have a lot of impending big contracts to give out for guys hitting FA in 2023/2024. I doubt they keep all those guys, so they'll probably want to keep as much draft capital as they can to use for impending replacements.

With that said, I'd love to get Mayer, but there are also a couple other TEs I'd be very happy with if the Bengals didn't get Mayer.

I'm thinking we're going to lose Boyd after 2024 season because he'll demand too much money to keep, so trade him after this season for draft capital, which also frees up almost 9 million in cap space (I think).

Boyd and our pick at 32 should be more than enough draft capital to trade up for Mayer.

I think he and Burrow could combine to be one of the top tight end duos in NFL history, and then Chase and Burrow should also put up an argument for one of the best receiver-quarterback duos, so our offense would be UNREAL.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 02:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm thinking we're going to lose Boyd after 2024 season because he'll demand too much money to keep, so trade him after this season for draft capital, which also frees up almost 9 million in cap space (I think).

Boyd and our pick at 32 should be more than enough draft capital to trade up for Mayer.

I think he and Burrow could combine to be one of the top tight end duos in NFL history, and then Chase and Burrow should also put up an argument for one of the best receiver-quarterback duos, so our offense would be UNREAL.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see both Boyd and Higgins gone.
Chase is gonna get a haul, as well as Burrow. They'll need to keep $$ on the OL and some on defense, so I could see them choosing to get a new WR2 and WR3 via the draft over the next couple offseasons.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Same. Hoping we get Mayer or LaPorta at 32. Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually wouldn't be surprised to see both Boyd and Higgins gone.
Chase is gonna get a haul, as well as Burrow. They'll need to keep $$ on the OL and some on defense, so I could see them choosing to get a new WR2 and WR3 via the draft over the next couple offseasons.

Trying not to think about that but have to. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens either. Bottom line is make sure the OL is solid.

Burrow and Chase can make do for sure if the OL is good.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 11:58 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trying not to think about that but have to. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens either. Bottom line is make sure the OL is solid.

Burrow and Chase can make do for sure if the OL is good.

Yep that's why my mock is focused on offensive weapons early.
New TE, WR, and RB to groom/take over for guys potentially leaving for bigger contracts in FA.
Repurpose the money from Mixon, Boyd and/or Higgins, and Hurst toward other positions.
Obviously, there's risk with draft picks actually panning out compared to proven talent, but still.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2022, 12:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep that's why my mock is focused on offensive weapons early.
New TE, WR, and RB to groom/take over for guys potentially leaving for bigger contracts in FA.
Repurpose the money from Mixon, Boyd and/or Higgins, and Hurst toward other positions.
Obviously, there's risk with draft picks actually panning out compared to proven talent, but still.

Awesome, will have to check out your Mock as I haven't yet.

Will check it out in a bit Ocho. Cool
Reply/Quote