Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Bengals & Brews Position Rankings
(03-03-2024, 11:52 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well if they dropped the ball on Tracy, they did not even get the ball out for the star of the combine at RB in my opinion was Isaac Guerendo Louisville. Freak score with a 9.9 RAS (relative athletic score) and ran fastest RB 40 at 4.33 with a nice frame of 6'1 225..

I think both are 6th round prospects. Watched them more extensively today and here are my notes on each since they will not be in the guide.

Isaac Guerendo
Pros: great size, elite top end speed, good vision, quick feet, big play ability, reliable hands, RAS = 9.99
Cons: doesn’t break many tackles, lacks power, needs to expand his route tree, hasn’t shown much as a blocker, age (turning 24 in June), extensive injury history (recurring hamstring issues and lisfranc injuries throughout 4 different seasons), experience (mostly a 1-year player and never the full time starter with 6 years in College)
Tyrone Tracy Jr.
Pros: quick initial burst, reliable hands (former WR at Iowa), return ability, elusiveness in the open field, RAS = 9.64
Cons: unproven pass blocker, age (already 24 years old), average breakaway speed, limited overall production, experience (1-year starter at RB)
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 03:36 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Yeah we are putting out a draft guide this coming week and Tracy came on my radar too late to have him in with the top 230 we had to set it as. The guide is already going to be 250+ pages but will have a best of the rest for each position which gives the names of guys that we either didn’t have time to get to or we watched and didn’t end up in the top 230 that might end up being drafted still. Hunter Nourzad Center from Penn State is another one. Isaac Guerendo is another RB also that I can see going on Day 3. There will obviously be others but I had to push to include 230 instead of 200 with the guy I am working on the draft guide with.

Cool, I understand. Great job and appreciate it JungleRock85. Wink

(03-03-2024, 03:45 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Big fan of his blocking ability as well. You may very well be right that he comes off a round or two earlier now.

Yes, Kimani Vidal would fit like a glove in our Offense.

(03-03-2024, 06:58 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Holker TE will be moving up from 5th  round after combine

I like Holker a lot as well. Believe he was leading all TE's in receiving at some point last season.

(03-03-2024, 11:52 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well if they dropped the ball on Tracy, they did not even get the ball out for the star of the combine at RB in my opinion was Isaac Guerendo Louisville.  Freak score with a 9.9 RAS (relative athletic score) and ran fastest RB 40 at 4.33 with a nice frame of 6'1 225..

Good stuff, Guerendo is now on everyone's radar after the Combine. I didn't get to watch much of Louisville the last few years so he 
just popped out of nowhere for me.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 03:50 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: DEFENSE:

Fantastic work! 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 03:43 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Can certainly see him going in the 2nd and when it comes to the final rankings he likely ends up in the 3rd round for me after his testing. Will be going back to watch him again for sure.

I wouldn't be mad if we took him at all. I think he can play inside and outside at a high level.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 11:52 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well if they dropped the ball on Tracy, they did not even get the ball out for the star of the combine at RB in my opinion was Isaac Guerendo Louisville.  Freak score with a 9.9 RAS (relative athletic score) and ran fastest RB 40 at 4.33 with a nice frame of 6'1 225..

I had heard about him a week or so ago from Brett Kollmann but wasn't sure he was gonna be at the combine. He definitely made people take notice.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, I understand. Great job and appreciate it JungleRock85. Wink

Yes, Kimani Vidal would fit like a glove in our Offense.

I like Holker a lot as well. Believe he was leading all TE's in receiving at some point last season.

Good stuff, Guerendo is now on everyone's radar after the Combine. I didn't get to watch much of Louisville the last few years so he 
just popped out of nowhere for me.

Someone will have to teach me how to embed separate quotes.. nice job... we really will know where we are going with RB with Mixon deadline coming up and FA... if we let Mixon go and don;t pick up a RB in FA, i think we are looking at by round 3/4 picking a RB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 06:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Someone will have to teach me how to embed separate quotes.. nice job... we really will know where we are going with RB with Mixon deadline coming up and FA... if we let Mixon go and don;t pick up a RB in FA, i think we are looking at by round 3/4 picking a RB

I keep going back in forth on big back or little back. I just want a pile mover. Way to many 3rd-1 last season and coming up short. I would love Allen, he and Brown would be something to see.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 06:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Someone will have to teach me how to embed separate quotes.. nice job... we really will know where we are going with RB with Mixon deadline coming up and FA... if we let Mixon go and don;t pick up a RB in FA, i think we are looking at by round 3/4 picking a RB

Just go to Multi-Quote next to the Reply/Quote button and then you can quote multiple people Essex. Yes, I think we are going to cut
Mixon before the deadline and I think we will add a cheaper RB in FA before the Draft and get a RB somewhere after the 2nd round.

There are lots of good ones to be had in this Draft. Braelon Allen, Jonathan Brooks, Tyrone Tracy, Kimani Vidal, now Geurendo etc.

(03-03-2024, 06:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I keep going back in forth on big back or little back. I just want a pile mover. Way to many 3rd-1 last season and coming up short. I would love Allen, he and Brown would be something to see.

Braelon Allen sure would instantly make us a more imposing Offense. I hate hearing about us being the finesse team of the AFC North.

Heard he is a willing blocker as well lately which is what we need. Kimani Vidal is a good pass protector as well. If we don't add a RB in FA
I would love to get both of these guys to go along with Chase Brown as our speedster. Allen in the 3rd or 4th, Vidal in the 6th or 7th. Some 
are down on Vidal because he is short at 5'7" but I don't care about that, same size as Darren Sproles except Vidal is thicker and runs hard
and is more of a bowling ball back.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 06:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I keep going back in forth on big back or little back. I just want a pile mover. Way to many 3rd-1 last season and coming up short. I would love Allen, he and Brown would be something to see.

Well you also need a better line to move off ball but I will give the line and Mixon some credit, we actually were in top 10 in least tackles for loss per carry. Well with Brown, I think we need someone that will be able to run between the tackles with some speed, i do think Guerendo fits that in those 4/5 round type pick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote