Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2024 Bengals
Brown needs to do what he has to do to keep the core of this team together. He needs to extend Burrow long term and lock up Chase and Higgins. Would love to have Boyd back too, but I highly doubt all three will be re signed. Chase is a must and then one of the other wo with a preference to Higgins. A viable offensive line is a must. Not certain who was signed to a multi as compared to a single season contract. Definitely need to retain Hurst and Irwin. Running back.....let Mixon go if he's able and sign Perine. I think Perine is more than adequate to handle RB duties. Defense.......cut Apple and, if Bates wants to walk then let him walk, and then sign a high quality DB to replace Apple.
Thoughts on your desired roster moves in the offseason?
Reply/Quote
You forgot "Defending champs".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Brown needs to do what he has to do to keep the core of this team together. He needs to extend Burrow long term and lock up Chase and Higgins. Would love to have Boyd back too, but I highly doubt all three will be re signed. Chase is a must and then one of the other wo with a preference to Higgins. Running back.....let Mixon go if he's able and sign Perine. I think Perine is more than adequate to handle RB duties. Defense.......cut Apple and, if Bates wants to walk then let him walk, and then sign a high quality DB to replace Apple.
Thoughts on your desires roster moves in the offseason?

They still have to sign Bell, Pratt and Wilson I believe. They aren’t signing an expensive corner.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Brown needs to do what he has to do to keep the core of this team together. He needs to extend Burrow long term and lock up Chase and Higgins.  Would love to have Boyd back too, but I highly doubt all three will be re signed.  Chase is a must and then one of the other wo with a preference to Higgins.  Running back.....let Mixon go if he's able and sign Perine.  I think Perine is more than adequate to handle RB duties.   Defense.......cut Apple and, if Bates wants to walk then let him walk, and then sign a high quality DB to replace Apple.
Thoughts on your desired roster moves in the offseason?

Sign a high quality DB or draft one? You do realize there's a big difference. Not paying Bates what he wants but then going out to sign a high-quality one's going to cost you a lot of money,too.
Reply/Quote
First things first. Let's go and get this ring. If it was me after signing Joe. My priority would be keeping this defense together as much as possible. What they have going right now is truly special and letting anyone walk is gonna hurt.
Reply/Quote
Can we worry about finishing the current season and 2023 before we get all twisted about 2024?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:13 PM)pally Wrote: Can we worry about finishing the current season and 2023 before we get all twisted about 2024?

No ____! Good grief let it be about the draft and free agency. Plenty of time
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:13 PM)pally Wrote: Can we worry about finishing the current season and 2023 before we get all twisted about 2024?

Not seeing anyone here "twisted"..this is a Bengals forum where we discuss the Bengals.

Burrows contract will have a impact on the rest of the team when that time gets here..nothing wrong with talking about it..
Reply/Quote
2020 called and wants it's "Cut Apple" moniker back....
Reply/Quote

It's super nice getting to care about the playoffs and Super Bowl right now instead of speculating who we draft in the top 5.
Reply/Quote
We will be fine here, the cap goes up every year, and we will have some guys who we already drafted replacements for:

Big contracts gone: (replacements in house are cheaper)

1) Jesse Bates
2) Kevin Huber
3) Brandon Wilson
4) Clark Harris
5) Max Scharping
6) Eli Apple
7) Drew Sample
8) Mike Thomas

---these guys actually used up @25-30 million

Need to Re-Sign:

1) Vonn Bell
2) Logan Wilson
3) Germaine Pratt
4) Hayden Hurst

Extend:
1) Joe Burrow
2) Tee Higgins
Reply/Quote
Offensive players I'm prioritizing signing long-term within the next few years:
- Joe Burrow
- JaMarr Chase
- Ted Karras
- Alex Cappa

Defensive players I'm prioritizing signing long-term within the next few years:
- Logan Wilson
- Trey Hendrickson
- Vonn Bell
- Chidobe Awuzie
- Germaine Pratt
- Sam Hubbard OR DJ Reader (I don't think there will be the funds to keep both along with Hendrickson)

There are still solid players at other positions that I did not mention, but the Bengals can't keep everyone.
If any of those other guys can fit in the budget while still being able to retain the above guys I listed, great.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote