Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Combine (and FA) Dates
(03-01-2024, 08:14 PM)pulses Wrote: Kinchens ran a very unimpressive 4.65 ouch

He's got a knack for INTs, the guy has a gyroscope in his head that let's him see where the ball is going.  Some traits account for lack of blazing speed.  Not that I would take him on day 1, but he's a very interesting day 2 prospect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's got a knack for INTs, the guy has a gyroscope in his head that let's him see where the ball is going.  Some traits account for lack of blazing speed.  Not that I would take him on day 1, but he's a very interesting day 2 prospect.

You like him better than I do.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't look like Brock Bowers is testing today.

Ben Sinnot with a 40 vertical and 10'6 broad and Theo Johnson right behind him with 39.5 vertical and 10'5 broad. Those are some surprising numbers for Sinnott.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure I'm a fan of a sub-6'4" TE.

I'll be curious to see how Theo Johnson moves. 

My man Theo didn't disappoint:
6'6"/ 259Lbs

40: 4.58

Vert: 39.5

Broad: 10'5"

Yes Please
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My man Theo didn't disappoint:
6'6"/ 259Lbs

40: 4.58

Vert: 39.5

Broad: 10'5"

Yes Please

Theo Johnson moved really well and looked good running routes too. Ben Sinnot really surprised me today he probabaly had the day everyone expected from Cade Stover.

Johnson has been my favorite day 3 Tight End for a while now but after the Senior Bowl and now the Combine he's most likely TE3. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 10:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Theo Johnson moved really well and looked good running routes too. Ben Sinnot really surprised me today he probabaly had the day everyone expected from Cade Stover.

Johnson has been my favorite day 3 Tight End for a while now but after the Senior Bowl and now the Combine he's most likely TE3. 

Oh, I like Sinnot too. I posted about his Sirius interview yesterday. Impressive kid. PK loved that he played Hockey coming up (since the age of 3).

Funny, Johnson's from Canada and no mention of hockey. 

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I like Sinnot too. I posted about his Sirius interview yesterday. Impressive kid. PK loved that he played Hockey coming up (since the age of 3).

Funny, Johnson's from Canada and no mention of hockey. 

I just read a story about Theo's upbringing and the only mention of hockey is his dad beating him with one:
https://www.ydr.com/story/sports/college/penn-state/football/2023/11/21/theo-johnsons-penn-state-football-big-ten-story-of-survival-and-thankfulness-for-his-mothers-quest/70852081007/
Quote:"Getting yelled at by the coach? Coach can’t beat you with a hockey stick. It’s still not as bad as what you've already lived through."

I had no idea. 

Reply/Quote
Looks like the Bengals are making their way through the OL group in meetings. They've met with Latham, Mims, Rosengarten, JPJ, Zac Zinter, Kingsley Suamataia, and Jalen Sundell so far...

Reply/Quote
DT Leonard Taylor has character questions raised.

https://walterfootball.com/nfl-hot-press-football-character-could-remove-leonard-taylor.php
Reply/Quote
20 Bench reps for Quinyon Mitchell CB1 and likely top 10 pick.

Reply/Quote
Trey Benson and Jonathan Brooks weigh in almost identical.

Benson 6' 2/8ths 216lbs 31 1/2 inch arms 9 2/8ths hands 76 3/8 wingspan
Brooks 6' 3/8ths 216lbs 31 1/2 inch arms 9 3/8ths hands 75 7/8ths wingspan

My comp for Benson is 2018 Joe Mixon.

Reply/Quote
Xavier Worthy comes in tiny 5'11 165 '31 arms 8 3/4ths hands. Tank Dell comparisons match a little better lol.

Reply/Quote
Final thoughts on the TE group:

Theo Johnson: Still my man
Tip Reiman: Someone who was completely off my radar will now be on it. HUGE TE with great athletics
Brock Bowers: If he's there at 18 sure, but I'm not trading up for him
Ben Sinnott: Now giving Theo a run for "my man".
Dallin Holker: Catching 2 balls in the gauntlet was impressive

Reply/Quote
Isaac Guerendo with a 4.33 unoffical.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 03:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Isaac Guerendo with a 4.33 unoffical.

And he jumped out of the building. Definitely arrow up. Big back 6'0" 221

Reply/Quote
Dillon Johnson with a 4.68 unoffical but youre looking at him as a 3rd down and short yardage back late 5th or 6th round.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And he jumped out of the building. Definitely arrow up. Big back 6'0" 221

I haven't watched any Louisville games yet but Guerendo and Thrash are on my list.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 03:25 PM)Synric Wrote: I haven't watched any Louisville games yet but Guerendo and Thrash are on my list.

You'll most likely be more impressed with the other UofL RB. 

Disappointed in Estime times

Wonder why Allen didn't run

I like Ray Davis in the mid-rounds

Tyrone Tracy has my interest

Reply/Quote
Michigan WR Cornelius Johnson is a late round guy to keep an eye on. 6'2 6/8ths 212 31 7/8ths inch arms.

He is an ok boundary receivers in Michigan's heavy rush scheme but the dude blocks reminds me of the 49ers Jauan Jennings. He would be a replacement for Trenton Irwin as a #4 receiver.

Reply/Quote
I know Jaylen Wright is a hot name during the draft process and his testing is going to continue that... but if you watch Tennessee's offense he is running into really light boxes because of the Vol's scheme. They love 4 wide receivers all outside the hashes. When we talk about the difference between the NFL and College games we'll Tennessee is the example of as far from an NFL offense as you can get...

Reply/Quote