Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Election Issues for the middle class
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rfk-jr-border-visit-biden-notice-stupid-write-him-off

Border security has become open borders under Joe Biden. This is not just my view, it is the view of RFK a Democrat running for the POTUS. He believes Biden has opened up and advertised our borders are open to anyone. He believes this approach is not sustainable.

It is easy to get caught up in the war on Trump or the Biden crime family, but I believe in the end voters will vote on a President they trust to:

Close the border.
Best for the economy and stop rising inflation (over 12% the past two years).
Best handing foreign affairs. Biden got us back into a war financially in Ukraine.
Best handling of our natural resources and can create energy independence.
Will stop the DOJ, FBI and CIA from weaponizing against political opponents.
Will be full of energy to be able to handle the rigors of long days 7 days a week.
Will have a VP capable and qualified to step in if the POTUS can no longer handle the office.

My thoughts are Americans are smart and as polls tell us, they think the current POTUS Biden and VP Harris have the country heading in the wrong direction.

I know liberals do not want to debate the issues or recognize horrific polling for their 2 leaders, butt he polls are real.
Issues will decide 2024 because the American people are a lot smarter than the liberal media and far left Democrats.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The one thing people across the political spectrum can agree upon: If people are smart, the person I want to win will win.
Reply/Quote
RFK is an idiot. Also, it is far from an open border under Biden. Border crossings went down after the end of Title 42. Thousands of immigrants are deported to their countries and to Mexico.

But hey, let's not let silly things like facts get in the way of parroting propaganda.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
My list would look like

AI/robots taking jobs and income inequality is probably going to hit overdrive. The universal basic income debate for some reason is being ignored.
SS and Medicare needs funding.
Military/Police recruitment needs help.
American manufacturing and clean energy needs to continue to be focal points.
The electric grid is a giant elephant in the room that needs to be addressed.
Reply/Quote
The US was at an all time low growing wheat and corn and with what's happened in Ukraine we are seeing world wide shortages. Sounds like a smart investment to me.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 10:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/media/rfk-jr-border-visit-biden-notice-stupid-write-him-off

Border security has become open borders under Joe Biden. This is not just my view, it is the view of RFK a Democrat running for the POTUS. He believes Biden has opened up and advertised our borders are open to anyone. He believes this approach is not sustainable.

It is easy to get caught up in the war on Trump or the Biden crime family, but I believe in the end voters will vote on a President they trust to:

Close the border.
Best for the economy and stop rising inflation (over 12% the past two years).
Best handing foreign affairs. Biden got us back into a war financially in Ukraine.
Best handling of our natural resources and can create energy independence.
Will stop the DOJ, FBI and CIA from weaponizing against political opponents.
Will be full of energy to be able to handle the rigors of long days 7 days a week.
Will have a VP capable and qualified to step in if the POTUS can no longer handle the office.

My thoughts are Americans are smart and as polls tell us, they think the current POTUS Biden and VP Harris have the country heading in the wrong direction.

I know liberals do not want to debate the issues or recognize horrific polling for their 2 leaders, butt he polls are real.
Issues will decide 2024 because the American people are a lot smarter than the liberal media and far left Democrats.

Voting for someone based only on what they say they will do instead of how they plan to achieve their goals is the opposite of smart.  RFK, like most of the Republican candidates, has slogans, not plans and actions.

Actually, most polls simply ask if they think the country is heading in the right direction without asking why.  You would answer no because you hate Biden.  I would answer no because of the influence of MAGA and the hateful politically driven culture war of the right.  Same answer...totally different reasons.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 07:57 PM)pally Wrote: Voting for someone based only on what they say they will do instead of how they plan to achieve their goals is the opposite of smart.  RFK, like most of the Republican candidates, has slogans, not plans and actions.

Actually, most polls simply ask if they think the country is heading in the right direction without asking why.  You would answer no because you hate Biden.  I would answer no because of the influence of MAGA and the hateful politically driven culture war of the right.  Same answer...totally different reasons.  

My guess is you do not live paycheck to paycheck. Most people vote for the person they feel will help them financially the most. Biden needs to figure out a way to insure the middle class are doing better in 2024 than they were under Trump.

I have yet to see a poll trusting Biden with the economy over Trump.

As far as polls, I think you see Biden (and Harris) are underwater with independents and overall.

The public will not give Biden a pass post Pandemic to not show energy by campaigning from his basement. Even Democrats fear Biden's mental and physical capabilities are getting worse, not better.

The is a major lack of enthusiasm for Joe Biden in 2024, even in his own party.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 11:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My guess is you do not live paycheck to paycheck. Most people vote for the person they feel will help them financially the most. Biden needs to figure out a way to insure the middle class are doing better in 2024 than they were under Trump.

As far as polls, I think you see Biden (and Harris) are underwater with independents and overall.

The public will not give Biden a pass post Pandemic to not show energy by campaigning from his basement. Even Democrats fear Biden's mental and physical capabilities are getting worse, not better.

You may be right, but these reasons were given for why there would be a red tsunami in the 2022 midterms.  I live in PA and Biden barely won the state and his approval is pretty far underwater here, yet Shapiro beat Mastriano by 14.8 points and even a flawed candidate like John Fetterman beat Dr. Oz by 4.9 points.  Shapiro overperforming Biden so big in PA is right up there with DeSantis as far as statement 2022 wins go, but I feel like conservatives are ignoring how much of a victory that is in a state Trump won in 2016 and Biden very much needed to flip (doing so barely) in 2020.

People may perceive that republicans will "help them financially" but it's also clear that it isn't the main thing people are voting for these days.  I honestly think a lot of Americans on both sides have given up on the government helping them advance monetarily and they're looking more and more into social issues.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 11:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: People may perceive that republicans will "help them financially" but it's also clear that it isn't the main thing people are voting for these days.  I honestly think a lot of Americans on both sides have given up on the government helping them advance monetarily and they're looking more and more into social issues.

Yup. The culture wars are the real issue people seem to be voting on right now. Abortion, LGBTQ issues, guns, crime, etc. That stuff is what gets people to the polls.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 11:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. The culture wars are the real issue people seem to be voting on right now. Abortion, LGBTQ issues, guns, crime, etc. That stuff is what gets people to the polls.

I'm 41 and if I were like prior generations and my college was easily paid for by working a regular job, I would have had extra money to invest and if it went up under Bush and Trump and down under Obama and Biden, the GOP would possibly have a republican for life in me.

The GOP has narrowed the scope of who can benefit from their fiscal policies.  I'm not a kid anymore, and I work  hard doing a job conservatives would call "essential" and I "had" to get a degree to do it.  I should be agreeing with Luvnit about how awesome it is to have Trump in there making our bank account get fat, but I was born in 1981 and my ol' man was a veteran who worked in a factory.

So yea, I'm fine with my life and money isn't everything and I'm doing ok.  Still, people like me would be republicans by now if things had stayed the way they were.  Now?  Well, I haven't accumulated wealth, I'm not obsessed with Jesus, and I'm not obsessed with Andrew Tate so meh...the GOP traded Alex P. Keaton for Alex Jones.  You do the math.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 11:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My guess is you do not live paycheck to paycheck. Most people vote for the person they feel will help them financially the most. Biden needs to figure out a way to insure the middle class are doing better in 2024 than they were under Trump.

I’m only going to comment on one specific part of your post here, but Biden is not underwater overall in the polls. As of today, Biden is still favored over both Trump and DeSantis. You can peruse a variety of polls over on 538 where they aggregate polling results.

Biden vs. Trump is a known commodity where Biden has already won. Despite not being a popular candidate, the majority of the general public despises Trump and he has not gained in popularity since 2020. Trump is so unpopular that Biden received a record amount of votes. That’s pretty telling IMO.

While I agree that there is a lack of enthusiasm for Biden, there is fervent enthusiasm for “anyone but Trump” and Biden would likely win again, IMO. We will have a better picture in the coming months when polling really kicks up but I would not be optimistic if I was a Republican today.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 11:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. The culture wars are the real issue people seem to be voting on right now. Abortion, LGBTQ issues, guns, crime, etc. That stuff is what gets people to the polls.

Abortion is no longer a federal voting issue, but is was in the past. Abortion is now a state voting issue. As far as guns, more women are buying guns now versus men. Why? They fear for their lives. The defund the police Democratic stance has caused major safety issues, now people fear they have to protect themselves.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 12:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Abortion is no longer a federal voting issue, but is was in the past. Abortion is now a state voting issue. As far as guns, more women are buying guns now versus men. Why? They fear for their lives. The defund the police Democratic stance has caused major safety issues, now people fear they have to protect themselves.

Oy, women are most likely to be murdered by intimate partners and brining guns into their domiciles is going to be more likely to increase that likelihood than diffuse it, I fear.  People are free to own guns, but if women are overlooking the sad reality of the situation by responding in this way, that's troublesome. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 11:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m only going to comment on one specific part of your post here, but Biden is not underwater overall in the polls. As of today, Biden is still favored over both Trump and DeSantis. You can peruse a variety of polls over on 538 where they aggregate polling results.

Biden vs. Trump is a known commodity where Biden has already won. Despite not being a popular candidate, the majority of the general public despises Trump and he has not gained in popularity since 2020. Trump is so unpopular that Biden received a record amount of votes. That’s pretty telling IMO.

While I agree that there is a lack of enthusiasm for Biden, there is fervent enthusiasm for “anyone but Trump” and Biden would likely win again, IMO. We will have a better picture in the coming months when polling really kicks up but I would not be optimistic if I was a Republican today.

I hope Biden and Harris are the Democratic nominees. I also believe if they are, Joe Manchin will run as a 3rd party candidate because he unelectable in WV as a senator. That is just a hunch based on articles I have read, but if so, could be an issue for any Democratic nominee.

There is a long way until the election. Trump had more votes in a loss than he did when he beat HRC in 2016. To say the majority of the country hates Trump while true, it is not by a wide margin in the swing states where elections are won. Remove popular votes from California and NY and Trumps win the popular vote. My point being heavy populated blue states voting skews the popular vote numbers.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, women are most likely to be murdered by intimate partners and brining guns into their domiciles is going to be more likely to increase that likelihood than diffuse it, I fear.  People are free to own guns, but if women are overlooking the sad reality of the situation by responding in this way, that's troublesome. 

Women are not afraid of their partners, they are afraid in public like on NY subways where women are getting abused daily. That is the sad reality of the situation, women do not feel safe in public.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 12:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Women are not afraid of their partners

I think you may be off-base on this one, but we're both men talking about what women think and what they "need" but hey, this is the internet so that's the way it is.

EDIT - Wait, weren't we talking about the economy?  See?  Even we can't focus on money and avoid being distracted by social stuff and perceptions.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 12:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Abortion is no longer a federal voting issue, but is was in the past. Abortion is now a state voting issue. As far as guns, more women are buying guns now versus men. Why? They fear for their lives. The defund the police Democratic stance has caused major safety issues, now people fear they have to protect themselves.

People are still looking to codify what was in Roe at the federal level. Even at a state issue, though, it puts people at the polls, often at the same time as federal elections.

Guns, I know. As a firearms instructor I am very familiar with all of that. I will just say it is still an issue.

As for the last thing, that isn't a Democratic position, it was a position of a very vocal minority.

(06-12-2023, 12:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Women are not afraid of their partners, they are afraid in public like on NY subways where women are getting abused daily. That is the sad reality of the situation, women do not feel safe in public.

Sadly, that leaves them open to the real dangers they face as intimate partner violence is far more likely and prevalent.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 12:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sadly, that leaves them open to the real dangers they face as intimate partner violence is far more likely and prevalent.

Reaction to the #metoo movement further made me realize that men prefer to tell women what they are afraid of rather than listen to their actual views on things. 

Ladies, you aren't afraid of your domestic partners that are most likely to harm or kill you, you're really scared of strangers on the NYC subway assuming you've ever even been to NYC much less live there.  Buy this gun from me and I assure you that you won't be staring down the barrel of it while standing in your own kitchen. You'll be using it to shoot some vague Hollywood-driven perception of a faceless and 100% nefarious henchman.

Oh crap, I'm white knighting now.  I'm just a cynic, ignore me.
Reply/Quote

Your guess would be entirely incorrect.  I live off of a disability income.  I am very careful with my money and am very concerned financially with the same things everyone else is.  Trump entered office with a good economy already in place.  Joe Biden didn't.  I have yet to hear anything from any Republican about what THEY would have done to prevent post-pandemic profit-taking spiking inflation.  Because, as you know we cannot discuss inflation without talking about the record profits that many corporations in the inflation-driving sectors are currently making.

But, if I were to look at the singular issue that actually drives my personal financial stability that would be HEALTHCARE.  My medications alone run over $7000 per year.  By 2025 that number will drop to a max of $2500 per year because of the Inflations Reduction Act.  The Republicans want to repeal that cap.  At least $5000 in my pocket will be huge for my quality of life.  I've been waiting for 13 years for the Republicans to finally come up with a healthcare plan.  Maybe we will eventually hear it in 2 weeks

It really doesn't matter how popular Joe Biden currently is individually....every poll has him beating both Trump and DeSantis

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 01:11 PM)pally Wrote: I have yet to hear anything from any Republican about what THEY would have done to prevent post-pandemic profit-taking spiking inflation.

Well, the key is perception.  To a lot of people "voting republican" is the first and last step to fixing the economy.  Economics is a phd-level discipline, so logically we dumbass voters have been given some simple rules.  Republican good economy, democrat bad economy.  Ain't we lucky?
Reply/Quote