Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Hitters - Do They Need Anyone?
Assuming Votto's option won't be picked up and India is traded, here is who I think will be the 9 primary everyday-ish hitters (not necessarily in any order):
CES
EDLC
McLain
Steer
Stephenson (entering arb)
Friedl
Fraley (entering arb)
Benson
Marte? (would need to be called up first)

Is Hopkins someone in consideration to be an everyday hitter?
Is Rece Hinds likely to get called up at least midway through 2024?
Is it worth finding another catcher who is maybe a better (or at least more consistent) bat than Stephenson?

Do the Reds need to add another quality bat as an everyday-ish guy? Or just roll with who they got and maybe add a platoon/utility player or two?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Accidently deleted my post, lol.

What I said in a nutshell is I think we'll be ok on offense. We have the speed that we don't have to have a crap ton of HR's.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see them add a better catcher option. Hope Stephenson can turn it around at the plate, and / or work on his defensive game / pitch framing. He has been poor at both this year, and I hope a healthy offseason with some work will get him back on track.
Its tough to say WHERE they could add a bat, but they need that bonafide power guy. I really like Benson, I want him in RF every day. I like Fraley, he’s a gritty RBI guy who we have sorely missed post-ASB, and I like Friedl in CF, he is a good leadoff bat and plays CF well. So I just don’t know WHERE to add that power bat if its not at Catcher. And finding an offensive catcher is tough these days, especially one that stays healthy and plays passable defense/ frames pitches at least average.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:06 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I would like to see them add a better catcher option. Hope Stephenson can turn it around at the plate, and / or work on his defensive game / pitch framing. He has been poor at both this year, and I hope a healthy offseason with some work will get him back on track.
Its tough to say WHERE they could add a bat, but they need that bonafide power guy. I really like Benson, I want him in RF every day. I like Fraley, he’s a gritty RBI guy who we have sorely missed post-ASB, and I like Friedl in CF, he is a good leadoff bat and plays CF well. So I just don’t know WHERE to add that power bat if its not at Catcher. And finding an offensive catcher is tough these days, especially one that stays healthy and plays passable defense/ frames pitches at least average.

The DH spot is always an option now.
Maybe someone who can fill in at 1B or LF occasionally since those typically don't require the most defensive demand.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote