Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Ring of Honor nominees
I don’t have a vote, but if I did Corey Dillon for sure would be one of them. Not sure about the other.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Give me a Dillon & JB RB duo.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Krumrie - 1017 tackles as DL most ever in the NFL
Dillon - Pretty much carried this team when it was a lousy team.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Krumrie and Fulcher the Vulture are my 2 faves on this list. Corey Dillon as well is a Bengal great and our best RB of all time.

Love Brooks, but Dillon was just special and carried the entire team.
Reply/Quote
To me personally, like I said, I think the older guys should go up first. That said, I'd still make Dillon wait because of the way he left, and because of his temper tantrum again last year when he was not nominated.
Reply/Quote
I think all of us unfortunate enough to be Bengals fan during Dillon's time here would like to forget those years. But the one thing we should remember was how he absolutely carried the team. Sure he can be a jerk. But in the process of becoming our all-time rushing leader, he broke single game records held by Walter Payton and Jim Brown. This guy deserves to be in the Ring.

Second choice is tougher. Leapin' Lemar or Krumrie? I'm going with the NFL all-time leader in tackles by a DT. We would have won Super Bowl 23 if he doesn't shred his leg on that shitty turf.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 06:52 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I think all of us unfortunate enough to be Bengals fan during Dillon's time here would like to forget those years. But the one thing we should remember was how he absolutely carried the team. Sure he can be a jerk. But in the process of becoming our all-time rushing leader, he broke single game records held by Walter Payton and Jim Brown. This guy deserves to be in the Ring.

Second choice is tougher. Leapin' Lemar or Krumrie? I'm going with the NFL all-time leader in tackles by a DT. We would have won Super Bowl 23 if he doesn't shred his leg on that shitty turf.

Literally the only play I remember from that game (I was 6).

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 07:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally the only play I remember from that game (I was 6).
I was a lot older than 6, and I remember:

Krumrie's injury.
Stanford Jennings kickoff return.
Lewis Billups dropped interception.  Right in his hands.  Would have won the game.
Montana to Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 07:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally the only play I remember from that game (I was 6).

We are like the same age Nicomo, I was 7 and yes, I remember the bad injury to Mr. Krum...

(05-26-2024, 08:02 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I was a lot older than 6, and I remember:

Krumrie's injury.
Stanford Jennings kickoff return.
Lewis Billups dropped interception.  Right in his hands.  Would have won the game.
Montana to Taylor.

Great game as they say in Draft Day. So close either way. Damn John Candy! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 06:52 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I think all of us unfortunate enough to be Bengals fan during Dillon's time here would like to forget those years.  But the one thing we should remember was how he absolutely carried the team.  Sure he can be a jerk.  But in the process of becoming our all-time rushing leader, he broke single game records held by Walter Payton and Jim Brown.  This guy deserves to be in the Ring.

Second choice is tougher.  Leapin' Lemar or Krumrie?  I'm going with the NFL all-time leader in tackles by a DT.  We would have won Super Bowl 23 if he doesn't shred his leg on that shitty turf.

He left on less than ideal terms.  Even so, he took a legit physical beating here and he played at a very high level doing it.  That was the kind of offensive predictability that ran Ricky Williams out of the league in Miami.  People blame the ganja, but Ricky was spent.  

Any running back that's the was the focal point of an offense in the AFC North of that era deserves his just due.  

It's time to let bygones be bygones and honor Dillon for what he is; the greatest rb in Bengals history.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 09:11 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Our family season ticket votes are going to Dillon and Krumrie

This
Reply/Quote
Get the oldsters in. Trumpy and Parrish
Reply/Quote
Krumrie and Dillon got my votes.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 05:18 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Krumrie and Dillon got my votes.

Same^
Reply/Quote
Parish and Dillon for me
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 09:38 PM)samhain Wrote: He left on less than ideal terms.  Even so, he took a legit physical beating here and he played at a very high level doing it.  That was the kind of offensive predictability that ran Ricky Williams out of the league in Miami.  People blame the ganja, but Ricky was spent.  

Any running back that's the was the focal point of an offense in the AFC North of that era deserves his just due.  

It's time to let bygones be bygones and honor Dillon for what he is; the greatest rb in Bengals history.

Yeah, he desereves to be up there, some day, but let him wait his freakin turn. There were greats who came before him that deserve it just as much as he does. He's just going to loudmouth his way up there in front of him. One thing about Dillon, he's consistent when it comes to being an ass.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, he desereves to be up there, some day, but let him wait his freakin turn. There were greats who came before him that deserve it just as much as he does. He's just going to loudmouth his way up there in front of him. One thing about Dillon, he's consistent when it comes to being an ass.

To be fair i'm over 40 and Dillion is pretty much the only on on the list i ever saw play. outside of reruns
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 04:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Get the oldsters in.  Trumpy and Parrish

Feel the same. Both are crazy deserving. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 03:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: To be fair i'm over 40 and Dillion is pretty much the only on on the list i ever saw play.  outside of reruns

Which is why Dillon should wait his turn. There will be a day when nobody remembers watching legends like Krumrie, Parrish, Montoya, etc playing. Put them up while people still remember them. If you ever watch Krumrie play, you'd never forget it.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 09:11 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Our family season ticket votes are going to Dillon and Krumrie

This
Reply/Quote