YPR - 15.1
TDs - 2

Spann-Ford (Minnesota):
Games - 4
Rec - 11
Yards - 63
YPR - 5.7
TDs - 0

Spann-Ford is the biggest of the bunch at 6'7", 270 lbs.
Bowers and Bell are around 230 lbs, 6'3"-6'4"
Sanders and Stover are your prototypical versatile TE size at 6'4", ~255 lbs

What do you think about how these guys are doing so far?
Any other TE prospect not mentioned you wanna call out for doing well?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice list! I’ve been starting to look at the 2024 draft prospects. I think this will be another good TE class. Of those you’ve listed I think Stover fits us well.

My favorite TE prospect for us is Jalin Conyers. Arizona State 6’4” 265lbs. Good blocker, Good pass catcher and good character. Currently projected mid rounds which is the earliest I could see the Bengals going TE.

Here’s some info on him from NFL.com
Accolades/notable statistics: 21 tackles avoided (second most by any FBS TE in 2022), only FBS TE to have three touchdown catches in a game in 2022, 82.6% catch percentage in 2022 (most by FBS TE, minimum 40 targets)

He has excellent size, and it's surprising how athletic he is for his size. He's not a burner, but he's fast enough. Good play strength. With his size, I thought he gave great effort as a run-blocker. He may be the best run-blocking tight end in this class besides [Ohio State's Cade] Stover because of his size. If a team is looking for a combination guy who can play on the line of scrimmage as a true Y tight end who can be efficient as a run-blocker, I think a lot of people are going to look at him that way. He extends for the catch, and he has great concentration in extended-catch situations. He has surprising run-after-the-catch ability and balance. He's not polished yet, but I think he can come on this year. He could shoot up the draft charts. Late Day 2 as of now."

Current Stats:
3 games
11 Receptions
139 yards
0 TD
12.6 Average

He’s my early hope for the Bengals 3rd round pick
Reply/Quote
I should note that Spann-Ford's college career YPR is 10.9, which is much higher than what he's exhibited this season.
He had nearly 500 yards last year at 11.8 YPR, nearly 300 yards at 12.9 YPR the year prior.

I'm not letting the low yards and YPR this season deter me.

With that said, I know he's not some fast, athletic TE.
He's a big dude and he's going to be a security blanket on checkdowns and short routes.

There's definitely value there, but he's not going to be that upper-tier receiving TE that some want.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 04:09 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Nice list! I’ve been starting to look at the 2024 draft prospects. I think this will be another good TE class. Of those you’ve listed I think Stover fits us well.

My favorite TE prospect for us is Jalin Conyers. Arizona State 6’4” 265lbs. Good blocker, Good pass catcher and good character. Currently projected mid rounds which is the earliest I could see the Bengals going TE.

Here’s some info on him from NFL.com
Accolades/notable statistics: 21 tackles avoided (second most by any FBS TE in 2022), only FBS TE to have three touchdown catches in a game in 2022, 82.6% catch percentage in 2022 (most by FBS TE, minimum 40 targets)

He has excellent size, and it's surprising how athletic he is for his size. He's not a burner, but he's fast enough. Good play strength. With his size, I thought he gave great effort as a run-blocker. He may be the best run-blocking tight end in this class besides [Ohio State's Cade] Stover because of his size. If a team is looking for a combination guy who can play on the line of scrimmage as a true Y tight end who can be efficient as a run-blocker, I think a lot of people are going to look at him that way. He extends for the catch, and he has great concentration in extended-catch situations. He has surprising run-after-the-catch ability and balance. He's not polished yet, but I think he can come on this year. He could shoot up the draft charts. Late Day 2 as of now."

Current Stats:
3 games
11 Receptions
139 yards
0 TD
12.6 Average

He’s my early hope for the Bengals 3rd round pick

I honestly don't know what to believe when it comes to what the Bengals want in a TE after this past offseason lol.

I thought it was someone who can run block first and foremost, receiving ability a bonus.
And then we hear from I think Callahan that the Bengals were interested in Kincaid but he went the pick before to the Bills.
Given Kincaid had elite athleticism and receiving ability but not the most experienced and impressive blocker, it confused me.

With that said, I was impressed watching Cade Stover Saturday against ND.
He was targeted often and made a few good plays.
If the Bengals want a good all-around TE, I think Stover fits the bill.

Ja'Tavion Sanders might be that guy who really intrigues them though if Bowers is off the board, but I also would think TE is not anywhere close to priority over RT, DT, or even WR if Higgins isn't tagged or re-signed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yes please.

That's my initial thought. Let's draft a top TE who can be in the offensive on a rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
Since they were in on Dalton Kincaid I can see them targeting Ja'Tavion Sanders. This TE class isn't as deep but maybe Theo Johnson late might be a guy. Penn State has had alot of TEs the last few years and they just rotate between them lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Good stuff. Liking Sanders or Stover early or like WhoDeyK said, Conyers in the 3rd round.

Like Synric said, since the Bengals really wanted Kincaid I could see them taking a TE early next draft if the OL continues to
get better. RT, TE and DT are what I would be looking at early, maybe WR as Tee is probably going to go somewhere else for
big money. Corley is my guy at WR after watching him play last week. Great speed even if he is small, we still have Iosivas
for a size mismatch.
Reply/Quote
Does Iowa have a prospect? If so, take him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 10:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Does Iowa have a prospect? If so, take him.

Where's the fire reaction when you need one?

100% on this.

Iowa really is TE University.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 10:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Does Iowa have a prospect? If so, take him.

Luke Lachey might have declared for 2024 but he just had an injury and will miss the rest of the year. I would say he goes back for his Senior year. Erick All just transferred to Iowa from Michigan maybe he will step right in with Lachey's injury and show something.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Brady - Gronk (HOF)

Mahomes - Kelce (HOF)

Burrow - multiple 1 year flyers at Tight End

Having an elite TE is a cheat code for elite QB's. Time to find Burrow one.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 01:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Luke Lachey might have declared for 2024 but he just had an injury and will miss the rest of the year. I would say he goes back for his Senior year. Erick All just transferred to Iowa from Michigan maybe he will step right in with Lachey's injury and show something.

Erick All injured his knee this weekend coaches weren't optimistic. After the Lachey injury All stepped in and became the Hawkeye's leading receiver but two season ending injuries in a row will likely end with him as a UDFA at best. All is from Fairfield OH and might be worth a look.

Reply/Quote
LOVE ME SOME STOVER RD-3…. FIrst tackler NEVER brings him down. Always fighting for extra yardage.reminds me of hurst for Cincy in that regard. Stover is a Good route runner who can press the seam or stay inline to block very well.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:54 PM)Jpoore Wrote: LOVE ME SOME STOVER RD-3…. FIrst tackler NEVER brings him down. Always fighting for extra yardage.reminds me of hurst for Cincy in that regard. Stover is a Good route runner who can press the seam or stay inline to block very well.

Ya think?

It doesn't matter how bad a prospect they are, you'd cream your pants if the Bengals drafted ANYONE from OSU.

How many OSU TEs have done anything notable in the past 20 years?

Exactly.

EDIT* I'm all in on Mason Taylor (LSU) or Harold Fannin Jr. (BGSU), but they are both at least 1 year away from draft time.

Both good receiving threats, with some blocking ability.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38672907/georgia-brock-bowers-having-surgery-high-ankle-sprain
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:02 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38672907/georgia-brock-bowers-having-surgery-high-ankle-sprain

Sucks that he's having to do surgery, but it sounds like he's going to do a procedure that should expedite his recovery timeline to just 4-6 weeks.
If that pans out as expected, he should be able to come back before the end of the CFB regular season, and definitely back by the time Georgia would (likely) be playing in the CFP.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ya think?

It doesn't matter how bad a prospect they are, you'd cream your pants if the Bengals drafted ANYONE from OSU.

Exactly.

EDIT* I'm all in on Mason Taylor (LSU) or Harold Fannin Jr. (BGSU), but they are both at least 1 year away from draft time.

I'll back Jpoore on Stover.
He looks like he could be a good TE.
He's probably more fluid and athletic than any of the TEs Ohio St has had in the past 10 years.
Stover is already at 359 yards just halfway through the season. On pace to have a very, very good year.
And his YPR (which is something I put a lot of stock into for draft for TEs) is 15.6 this season, 13.1 in career.
My typical rule of thumb is to reduce that number by 2.0 to get a more realistic idea what they might be capable of in the NFL, which would put Stover at 11.1.
That'd be pretty good for the NFL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll back Jpoore on Stover.
He looks like he could be a good TE.
He's probably more fluid and athletic than any of the TEs Ohio St has had in the past 10 years.
Stover is already at 359 yards just halfway through the season. On pace to have a very, very good year.
And his YPR (which is something I put a lot of stock into for draft for TEs) is 15.6 this season, 13.1 in career.
My typical rule of thumb is to reduce that number by 2.0 to get a more realistic idea what they might be capable of in the NFL, which would put Stover at 11.1.
That'd be pretty good for the NFL.

Absolutely don't disagree, but anyone he endorses is immediately discredited, unless someone reputable Chimes in (such as yourself)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ya think?

Exactly.

To a point you’re right. I definitely have a bias there…. But I also hate on players when they do. For example I HATED Eli apple coming out. As well as multiple others. Osu has a great crop of talent every year so…. But stover a good-great blocking te with legit touch, feel for routes, and athletic catching ability. I doubt he lasts till end of rd3, but… he’s a former dlineman and lber..
(10-17-2023, 01:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely don't disagree, but anyone he endorses is immediately discredited, unless someone reputable Chimes in (such as yourself)

I’ve missed on some but answer this. My guy I stood for from the jump last year was dawand jones. How’s he been this year? Elite? Damn close. I suck at qb evaluations and I admit that.. I’m DAMN GOOD at the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 12:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: To a point you’re right. I definitely have a bias there….  But I also hate on players when they do. For example I HATED Eli apple coming out. As well as multiple others. Osu has a great crop of talent every year so…. But stover  a good-great blocking te with legit touch, feel for routes, and athletic catching ability. I doubt he lasts till end of rd3, but… he’s a former dlineman and lber..

I’ve missed on some but answer this. My guy I stood for from the jump last year was dawand jones. How’s he been this year? Elite? Damn close. I suck at qb evaluations and I admit that.. I’m DAMN GOOD at the trenches.

1 sack, 9 total pressures allowed through 5 games on 195 pass block attempts.
71.4 PFF pass block rating, 49.9 run block rating. 60.6 overall. That's not "damn near elite," fwiw. That's just serviceable.

For comparison, Jonah Williams is 2 sacks, 12 total pressures allowed, but on 69 more pass block attempts.
So you can argue about as good or just slightly better than Jonah as a pass blocker.
As a run blocker, Jones is worse than Jonah.
66 pass block grade, 63.5 run block grade. 67.6 overall according to PFF.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote