Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 TE prospects
(10-24-2023, 01:57 PM)Synric Wrote: He's really physical on his flares a short stop routes turning 5 and 6 yards routes into 10-12 yards not really a wiggle guy but play through the defender. He's seeing more open seams this year because Ohio State is rotating Harrison and Egbuka into the slot running crossers. I'm a Stover fan I think he can give the Bengals similar play to what Dalton Schultz did for the Cowboys shotgun offense in 2022 probably a better blocker too. 

Does he love football as much as he loves farming?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 01:57 PM)Synric Wrote: He's really physical on his flares a short stop routes turning 5 and 6 yards routes into 10-12 yards not really a wiggle guy but play through the defender. He's seeing more open seams this year because Ohio State is rotating Harrison and Egbuka into the slot running crossers. I'm a Stover fan I think he can give the Bengals similar play to what Dalton Schultz did for the Cowboys shotgun offense in 2022 probably a better blocker too. 

Speaking of Dalton Schultz...

I wanted the Bengals to sign him this past offseason, and he's set to hit FA again this coming offseason.
On pace for just over 600 yards at 10.2 YPR this season.
Will be 28 next Summer, so he's in the age range the Bengals like.

I'd be completely ok going after Schultz as TE1 for the Bengals the next 2-3 seasons and focus the draft picks on the trenches.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 02:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Some Bengals TE scouting news. I think it was WhoDeyK who mentioned Jalin Conyers in his mock. (Which I still havent seen an Arizona Stae game yet lol).

Glad to see the Bengals are giving him a look. I think he’s a great fit and potentially a good value with current projections (obviously a lot will change between now and the draft)

Now to the Titans… back off! Lol They already took Whyle last year. Don’t take my guy 2 years in a row. Not surprised they are interested though. I get some Delanie Walker vibes from Conyers.
Reply/Quote
While everyone drools over Brock Bowers let's not forget another TE is doing the same thing in the Mountain West Conference this year. Dallin Holker is leading all college TEs in receptions and yards. 6'4 235 he is a big slot type older prospect because he did the BYU mormon missionary thing. Holker had a great game against Colorado earlier this year if your looking for something to watch.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 10:36 AM)Synric Wrote: While everyone drools over Brock Bowers let's not forget another TE is doing the same thing in the Mountain West Conference this year. Dallin Holker is leading all college TEs in receptions and yards. 6'4 235 he is a big slot type older prospect because he did the BYU mormon missionary thing. Holker had a great game against Colorado earlier this year if your looking for something to watch.

I haven't seen this name pop up on any prospects list.
I knew nothing about him, but what I see mentioned about him on NFL Draft Diamonds is he has done work as an inline TE and is a decent blocker for his lighter size, but he may not have much room for added weight with his frame?
You thinking someone maybe worth investing a 6th or 7th round pick perhaps and used strictly as an extra pass catching option situationally?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Interesting thought on Holker. Hmm
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I haven't seen this name pop up on any prospects list.
I knew nothing about him, but what I see mentioned about him on NFL Draft Diamonds is he has done work as an inline TE and is a decent blocker for his lighter size, but he may not have much room for added weight with his frame?
You thinking someone maybe worth investing a 6th or 7th round pick perhaps and used strictly as an extra pass catching option situationally?

I've seen very little of him but he reminds me of Harrison Bryant (which is a FA name the Bengals might want to look at to get bodies in the room). I know I said this last year but I expect the TE and RB groups to be targeted in the offseason. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 02:32 PM)Synric Wrote: I've seen very little of him but he reminds me of Harrison Bryant (which is a FA name the Bengals might want to look at to get bodies in the room). I know I said this last year but I expect the TE and RB groups to be targeted in the offseason. 

TE definitely makes sense to spend one if not two picks toward.

RB I think maybe just one since they added Chase Brown last year.

The impending departures will determine a lot of what will happen in FA and the draft, I think.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I've mentioned Penn State TE Theo Johnson but I just found out yesterday that the other TE could also be in this draft class.

Tyler Warren is a 6'5.5 255lb TE with good athleticism but alot of play strength. Warren is one of the better blockers in this draft class and does it from multiple alignments (Brenton Strange's move blocking snaps). He's also a big redzone target with hops and body control showing that basketball background. Penn State's QB play is very inconsistent with their new QB so I hope to see both Warren and Johnson maybe at the Senior Bowl and through the process.

Reply/Quote
Ben Sinnott measurements 6'4 245 31 3/4 inch arms and 9 1/2 inch hands.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/senior-bowl-2024-latest-accepted-invites-player-profiles/

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Ben Sinnott measurements 6'4 245 31 3/4 inch arms and 9 1/2 inch hands.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/senior-bowl-2024-latest-accepted-invites-player-profiles/

The height and weight are fine, but the arm length is rather short, hands might be somewhat small for a TE?

At the 2022 Combine, Trey McBride (drafted by Arizona) measured at 6'3.5" and 246 lbs, but he had over 10" hands and 32.5" arms.
Cade Otton measured only 9.5" hands and he done ok with the Bucs, I guess. But Otton also has >32.0" arm length.

I still like Sinnott a lot, but I can see some teams knocking him down/off their boards (at least as a TE) due to the arm length (and maybe hand size) limitation.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ja'Tavion Sanders just cannot block at all.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 12:51 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Glad to see the Bengals are giving him a look. I think he’s a great fit and potentially a good value with current projections (obviously a lot will change between now and the draft)

Now to the Titans… back off! Lol They already took Whyle last year. Don’t take my guy 2 years in a row. Not surprised they are interested though. I get some Delanie Walker vibes from Conyers.

Conyers announced he’s entering the transfer portal with one year of eligibility so I guess I’m going to have to find a new TE prospect for my mock drafts. A little bummed with him and The Godfather not declaring
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 09:35 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Conyers announced he’s entering the transfer portal with one year of eligibility so I guess I’m going to have to find a new TE prospect for my mock drafts. A little bummed with him and The Godfather not declaring

Dontay Corleone instantly said he was returning to school after he got worked over by WVUs Zach Frazier (who was injured in his last game). Everyone started using the T-Rex arms thing right after. I'm kinda glad I don't have to watch any ASU games they are so bad lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The height and weight are fine, but the arm length is rather short, hands might be somewhat small for a TE?

At the 2022 Combine, Trey McBride (drafted by Arizona) measured at 6'3.5" and 246 lbs, but he had over 10" hands and 32.5" arms.
Cade Otton measured only 9.5" hands and he done ok with the Bucs, I guess. But Otton also has >32.0" arm length.

I still like Sinnott a lot, but I can see some teams knocking him down/off their boards (at least as a TE) due to the arm length (and maybe hand size) limitation.

I still like Sinnott even with the shorter arms. Good blocker, plays physical and is just a natural pass catcher when I watched 
him play. Liking him more and more in the mid rounds.

(12-02-2023, 04:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Ja'Tavion Sanders just cannot block at all.

Yeah, he looked bad blocking in the last game I watched as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still like Sitton even with the shorter arms. Good blocker, plays physical and is just a natural pass catcher when I watched 
him play. Liking him more and more in the mid rounds.

Yeah, he looked bad blocking in the last game I watched as well.

Sinnott with a final stat line of 49 rec for 676 yards (13.8 YPR) and 6 TDs before their bowl game.
Right up there with the likes of Ja'Tavion Sanders and Cade Stover.

I'm a Day 3 Sinnott guy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Sinnott with a final stat line of 49 rec for 676 yards (13.8 YPR) and 6 TDs before their bowl game.
Right up there with the likes of Ja'Tavion Sanders and Cade Stover.

I'm a Day 3 Sinnott guy.

Me as well, just saw I wrote Sitton lol EDIT....
Reply/Quote