Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 mock 3 round.
I know we won’t be picking this high but just for fun.

8: Brock bowers TE Georgia- do I need to say anything? Takes this offense to another level.

40: JT Tuimoloau ED OSU- has a all time tape vs Penn state. Plays DT, DE, LBer, cb. Would be Sam Hubbard replacement and can kick inside at 6”4 270.

72 NT Texas-slight reach but would be right in range from where we end up picking. DJ reader replacement. 6”4 364 dude is BIG, has good pass rush availing, and is athletic for his size.
Reply/Quote
Lol we know exactly which college games Jpoore watched yesterday lol.

As for JT Tuimoloau he is a very experienced Edge with excellent hand techniques which is what you expect from OSU Defensive Linemen. He is more athletic than explosive though similar to Sam Hubbard. Honestly the Bengals can barely get their 1st round edge snaps so I don't expect a DE until at least late day 3.

Also the Texas Nose Tackles name is T'Vondre Sweat.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor’s offensive scheme doesn’t place enough emphasis on the TE position to spend a top 10 draft pick on a TE.

JT Tuimoloau is overrated. But, I was wondering when the obligatory OSU pick was coming.

A third round nose tackle? Not a bad idea.

Any mock that is picking in the top 10 that doesn’t address the offensive line until the 4th round at the earliest is disappointing at best.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 04:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol we know exactly which college games Jpoore watched yesterday lol.

As for JT Tuimoloau he is a very experienced Edge with excellent hand techniques which is what you expect from OSU Defensive Linemen. He is more athletic than explosive though similar to Sam Hubbard. Honestly the Bengals can barely get their 1st round edge snaps so I don't expect a DE until at least late day 3.

Also the Texas Nose Tackles name is T'Vondre Sweat.
Shit thought I put sweats name…. JT is irritating because he can be so good just needs to be more consistent. I do t have hope for Murphy for anything higher than rotational. I don’t see anything that points to great-stud de. But hubbards contract lapses. I think JT steps right in if not starter than rotational with him being the kick inside edge on passing downs.
(10-08-2023, 05:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Zac Taylor’s offensive scheme doesn’t place enough emphasis on the TE position to spend a top 10 draft pick on a TE.

JT Tuimoloau is overrated. But, I was wondering when the obligatory OSU pick was coming.

Any mock that is picking in the top 10 that doesn’t address the offensive line until the 4th round at the earliest is disappointing at best.

JT is overrated in what regard? As a 2nd round pick? Not overrated at all there. Dude has ELITE talent, just needs more consistency as shown in his 2 sack, 3 TFL, 2 int, 1 FF, 1 PBU, 1 td performance against Penn state.

Yeah we need oline… doubt they move on from volson yet. RT for sure. Just not sure where it make sense. Or do they sign someone as quite a few tackles out there. Would love to grab a tackle rd1 just not sure that’s the route they go.

Also I get the te argument. The argument I would make is they have never had a te who was talented enough to target over the WRs. Add in no Tyler Boyd…. Their most “athletic” te is hurt at, and he got 85 targets in 16 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 05:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Zac Taylor’s offensive scheme doesn’t place enough emphasis on the TE position to spend a top 10 draft pick on a TE.

JT Tuimoloau is overrated.  But, I was wondering when the obligatory OSU pick was coming.

Bowers is a WR for basic purposes. He plays more in the slot or out wide then on the line of scrimmage. Point being he would work just fine in Taylor's offense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: JT is overrated in what regard? As a 2nd round pick? Not overrated at all there. Dude has ELITE talent, just needs more consistency as shown in his 2 sack, 3 TFL, 2 int, 1 FF, 1 PBU, 1 td performance against Penn state.

Now tell me his stats for the rest of last season. And for this season. And verses powerhouses like Western Kentucky and Youngstown State.

His lack of consistency is why you have him overrated based upon one game. He flashed one game, but otherwise I’m still waiting for him to live up to his 5 star potential.
Reply/Quote

Zac was asked about the TE role after one of the losses a few weeks ago and he mentioned they don't emphasize the TE position because they have 3 of the best WRs in the NFL. It made me wonder if he would adapt and use the TE more if he only had Chase and no Tee or TB.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Shit thought I put sweats name…. JT is irritating because he can be so good just needs to be more consistent. I do t have hope for Murphy for anything higher than rotational. I don’t see anything that points to great-stud de. But hubbards contract lapses. I think JT steps right in if not starter than rotational with him being the kick inside edge on passing downs.

JT is overrated in what regard? As a 2nd round pick? Not overrated at all there. Dude has ELITE talent, just needs more consistency as shown in his 2 sack, 3 TFL, 2 int, 1 FF, 1 PBU, 1 td performance against Penn state.

In 5 games this season JT has 1.5 sacks and 2.5 TFLs 17 total tackles. Outside of that one game last year he has been mediocre but he gets alot of hype being a 5 star recruit and being an OSU DL.

Hubbard and Hendrickson are both signed through 2025 and Murphy has a full 4 year (5th year option) contract still and he is insanely talented. I highly doubt DE will be high on their board especially with the Offensive Line losing a starter, struggling LG, and over 30 center in the last year of his contract with zero replacements and bad depth on the roster. Also the RB and TE rooms need completely rebuilt and they will likely lose 1 starting receiver and tag the other.

NT will be on their board because Reader is in the last year of his deal. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:57 AM)J24 Wrote: Bowers is a WR for basic purposes. He plays more in the slot or out wide then on the line of scrimmage. Point being he would work just fine in Taylor's offense.

I’d like to see the breakdown that shows Bowers lines up more in the slot or out wide because I’m not sure that is the case.

Fans in GA already think Bowers should win the Heisman. But, when it was pointed out he is basically a WR, but isn’t in the top 30 in receiving, fans argued he isn’t a receiver.

Anyway, Taylor has his system and I’m not sure that includes plugging Bowers into Boyd’s slot. Do you want to spend a top 10 pick on a #3 or 4 receiving target in Taylor’s system given their offensive line needs, specifically OT?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 08:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Zac was asked about the TE role after one of the losses a few weeks ago and he mentioned they don't emphasize the TE position because they have 3 of the best WRs in the NFL. It made me wonder if he would adapt and use the TE more if he only had Chase and no Tee or TB.

But, that is Taylor’s system. Three WRs. That’s why Boyd is so important and yet people think he is overpaid.

With Burrow limited due to injury, how has Taylor been at adapting his system? If you were grading his job so far, would you give it higher than a C?

I think the Bengals need to concentrate on finding players for Taylor’s system rather than Taylor adapting his system to the players.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 03:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Now tell me his stats for the rest of last season. And for this season. And verses powerhouses like Western Kentucky and Youngstown State.

His lack of consistency is why you have him overrated based upon one game. He flashed one game, but otherwise I’m still waiting for him to live up to his 5 star potential.
That’s why he isn’t a first round pick. He dosent deserve to be a first round pick. I’m looking at upside. Also in 2022 he had a good year on limited snaps, but a few sacks were taken away due to penalties this year he is top 10 in pass rush grade.

He recorded 17 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 22 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 30 total pressures, and 17 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and 6 sacks during the year.

(10-09-2023, 09:21 AM)Synric Wrote: In 5 games this season JT has 1.5 sacks and 2.5 TFLs 17 total tackles. Outside of that one game last year he has been mediocre but he gets alot of hype being a 5 star recruit and being an OSU DL.

Hubbard and Hendrickson are both signed through 2025 and Murphy has a full 4 year (5th year option) contract still and he is insanely talented. I highly doubt DE will be high on their board especially with the Offensive Line losing a starter, struggling LG, and over 30 center in the last year of his contract with zero replacements and bad depth on the roster. Also the RB and TE rooms need completely rebuilt and they will likely lose 1 starting receiver and tag the other.

I don’t get our rb room hate… A- wr don’t utilize rb and never will. B: we refuse to play certain RBs because they can’t pass block. I believe we sign oline rather than draft this year in a not great oline class. Would love a high caliber center or guard in draft just don’t know if they go that route. JT has a top 10 pass rush grade at 92 overall for what it’s worth. He’s been getting great pressure just not quite gotten home.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 11:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’d like to see the breakdown that shows Bowers lines up more in the slot or out wide because I’m not sure that is the case.

Fans in GA already think Bowers should win the Heisman. But, when it was pointed out he is basically a WR, but isn’t in the top 30 in receiving, fans argued he isn’t a receiver.

Anyway, Taylor has his system and I’m not sure that includes plugging Bowers into Boyd’s slot. Do you want to spend a top 10 pick on a #3 or 4 receiving target in Taylor’s system given their offensive line needs, specifically OT?

Really you are expecting rationality from a college football fanbase?

Anyways, I would have no problem drafting Bowers the kid is a generational player! Also we will probably be trading Higgins in the offseason so a legit offensive weapon will be needed to replace him.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That’s why he isn’t a first round pick. He dosent deserve to be a first round pick. I’m looking at upside. Also in 2022 he had a good year on limited snaps, but a few sacks were taken away due to penalties this year he is top 10 in pass rush grade.

He recorded 17 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 22 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 30 total pressures, and 17 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and 6 sacks during the year.

I don’t get our rb room hate… A- wr don’t utilize rb and never will. B: we refuse to play certain RBs because they can’t pass block. I believe we sign oline rather than draft this year in a not great oline class. Would love a high caliber center or guard in draft just don’t know if they go that route. JT has a top 10 pass rush grade at 92 overall for what it’s worth. He’s been getting great pressure just not quite gotten home.

He is inconsistent and doesn’t finish. Not a great combination for a pass rusher. His production doesn’t match the hype.

Ohio State needs to get better pressure on opposing quarterbacks backs the rest of the season or can forget about competing for a championship. And a lot of that starts with JT. He has got to play better the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:31 PM)J24 Wrote: Really you are expecting rationality from a college football fanbase?

Anyways, I would have no problem drafting Bowers the kid is a generational player! Also we will probably be trading Higgins in the offseason so a legit offensive weapon will be needed to replace him.

I like Bowers, a lot. He is a better blocker than people give him credit. I don’t remember if it was this weekend or the one before, he had the key block on a DB to spring the WR for a TD on a bubble screen. But, he is a bit of a tweener and the mismatches aren’t going to be the same in the NFL.

If the Bengals were able to trade Higgins they would need to replace Higgins, Boyd, and Jonah Williams. This team is gonna go as far as Burrow takes them. With a top 10 pick they should be able to find a top OT to protect him from players like Watt and Garrett.
Reply/Quote
If you’re hellbent on drafting a skill position, wasting a second rounder on JT, and ignoring the Oline until the 4th round at earliest; trade the second round pick to move up and draft WR Harrison, Jr from OSU. In theory, it would only cost the Bengals one over hyped OSU DE who only put up one really good game during his entire career so far. And the Bengals get younger, cheaper, and more talented at a position Zac Taylor’s scheme does value.

Maybe trade Higgins in the offseason for a pick to draft an Olineman.

Then you can get an adequate TE in the mid-rounds. Or continue to sign a veteran TE to fill in because they aren’t that important in Zac’s scheme.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I like Bowers, a lot. He is a better blocker than people give him credit. I don’t remember if it was this weekend or the one before, he had the key block on a DB to spring the WR for a TD on a bubble screen. But, he is a bit of a tweener and the mismatches aren’t going to be the same in the NFL.

If the Bengals were able to trade Higgins they would need to replace Higgins, Boyd, and Jonah Williams. This team is gonna go as far as Burrow takes them. With a top 10 pick they should be able to find a top OT to protect him from players like Watt and Garrett.

That's fair about Bowers being a tweener.
J24

Reply/Quote
Understand but..
We don't need aa 1st round TE when we drafted two more WRs and our OL and DL are so needy.
I'd like to see a DE/DL with a higher pass win rate Dorlus or even Gabriel Murphy.
It looks like we could pick a good pass blocking OT and one of the top guards in round 2 and 3.

My preference is an OT in round 1, but Jer'Zhan is tempting if available and then Beebe/Zinter/Mahogany/Suamataia/Morgan/Guyton in rounds 2&3.
If we got a OT in round 1, I want to keep rolling the dice for an impact pass rusher. I also wouldn't complain if we took a falling QB in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 09:21 AM)Synric Wrote: In 5 games this season JT has 1.5 sacks and 2.5 TFLs 17 total tackles. Outside of that one game last year he has been mediocre but he gets alot of hype being a 5 star recruit and being an OSU DL.

I finally had a chance to watch the OSU vs Maryland game last night. He was unblocked for the sack. Complete breakdown in blocking by the Terps. He was unblocked on another tackle. I don’t know where his half sack came from. Maybe in the 4th quarter when the QB was sacked by the DT and JT fell on the turf near the QB’s feet, but I don’t think actually touched the QB? Aside from that, he was not getting pressure on the QB. Maryland used the TE to chip him occasionally, but the was unnecessary because the RT had him handled.

I hope he has a better game against Penn State this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:57 AM)J24 Wrote: Bowers is a WR for basic purposes. He plays more in the slot or out wide then on the line of scrimmage. Point being he would work just fine in Taylor's offense.

Yep and that is what Kincaid was and our FO and coaches evidently really wanted Kincaid and Bowers is much better.

I do like the players Jpoore, we won't be picking early in the first round though. Burrow is back, we are going to win at least
10 games and most likely make the playoffs. As long as we add at least one OL in FA the positions here wouldn't be off our 
board I am sure. I really like JT and Sweat myself. Maybe Sanders around 28-32 the TE from Texas might be on our minds
as Bowers will be long gone.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep and that is what Kincaid was and our FO and coaches evidently really wanted Kincaid and Bowers is much better.

I do like the players Jpoore, we won't be picking early in the first round though. Burrow is back, we are going to win at least
10 games and most likely make the playoffs. As long as we add at least one OL in FA the positions here wouldn't be off our 
board I am sure. I really like JT and Sweat myself. Maybe Sanders around 28-32 the TE from Texas might be on our minds
as Bowers will be long gone.

You never know.  With UGA there is always the chance for a speeding ticket.

I think they're leading the nation in those.
Reply/Quote